2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura MB-5003 Blades

svsvincenzo

Any one who has experience hitting these? And how does it compare to the Tournament Blades? I see a very different muscle back design. TB muscle cut across the back of the blade straight. The 5003's cut is more rounded. So they're not the same design, although they are the Japan/Korea-Other location versions of each other.

Anyone please?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rsm' timestamp='1344140572' post='5408520']
Any one who has experience hitting these? And how does it compare to the Tournament Blades? I see a very different muscle back design. TB muscle cut across the back of the blade straight. The 5003's cut is more rounded. So they're not the same design, although they are the Japan/Korea-Other location versions of each other.

Anyone please?
[/quote]

Where does the "Japan/Korea-Other location" idea come from?? 5003's are just another model of Miura blades that were introduced in 2007. They have had "curved muscle" and "straight muscle" blades in the line up for years...........Oh, and by the way Miuras are made in Japan only.

[i][b][color=#0000ff]http://www.miuragiken.com/products/products_collection/index.html[/color][/b][/i]

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

"very different muscle back design" is a bit of a stretch. you have no idea about how weight is distributed there and judging it by appearance/esthetics alone is moot. Tournament Blade apperance wise would be closer to Miura Giken MB-5001 which is their older model and this generally holds true with jdm outside market releases. have a look @ tourspecgolf.com forum there some relevant comparison therads like
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/topic/29524-miura-international-vs-miura-giken-japan/
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/topic/31437-miura-miuraism-iron-head-size/
havent hit them with exact same shafts to post any comparisons or impressions that would be worth anything plus i'm more biased towards MB-5003 them being in my bag for couple of years now. if you have specific question/s on MB-5003 i can answer the best i can but if you just have a choice to make i'd say go with the one that suits you eye better and dont waste your time trying to figure out irrelevant details that dont matter anyway, they are solid blades, you cant go wrong with either one of them.

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1344172170' post='5409216']
[quote name='rsm' timestamp='1344140572' post='5408520']

Anyone please?
[/quote]

Where does the "Japan/Korea-Other location" idea come from?? 5003's are just another model of Miura blades that were introduced in 2007. They have had "curved muscle" and "straight muscle" blades in the line up for years...........Oh, and by the way Miuras are made in Japan only.

[i][b][color=#0000ff][url="http://www.miuragiken.com/products/products_collection/index.html"]http://www.miuragike...tion/index.html[/url][/color][/b][/i]
[/quote]

I meant the Miura Gikens are for Japan and Korea market, while Miura are for other locations market. Aint this true? But yeah, I know all Miuras are made in Japan.

Do they have the non-Japan version of the rounded muscle design? I like the cleaner stampings of the non-Japan version, but I like the rounded muscle design.

[quote name='grrrinder' timestamp='1344378960' post='5426142']
"very different muscle back design" is a bit of a stretch. you have no idea about how weight is distributed there and judging it by appearance/esthetics alone is moot. Tournament Blade apperance wise would be closer to Miura Giken MB-5001 which is their older model and this generally holds true with jdm outside market releases. have a look @ tourspecgolf.com forum there some relevant comparison therads like
[url="http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/topic/29524-miura-international-vs-miura-giken-japan/"]http://www.tourspecg...ra-giken-japan/[/url]
[url="http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/topic/31437-miura-miuraism-iron-head-size/"]http://www.tourspecg...iron-head-size/[/url]
havent hit them with exact same shafts to post any comparisons or impressions that would be worth anything plus i'm more biased towards MB-5003 them being in my bag for couple of years now. if you have specific question/s on MB-5003 i can answer the best i can but if you just have a choice to make i'd say go with the one that suits you eye better and dont waste your time trying to figure out irrelevant details that dont matter anyway, they are solid blades, you cant go wrong with either one of them.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply grrrinder. I'm a ho for the later design, because I think there's always improvement in it. So if TB is more like the older MB-5001 model, I'd assume 5003 is better in terms of design?

Even with different shafts, why did you decide on the MB-5003 over the TB? I know different shafts translates to different feels and trajectories, but how about the feel of the two taking into account the shafts, is there really a difference?

If you have the time and a few extra dollars you can order any of the various designs anywhere in the world....that includes the stampings of your choice. Personally I love the curved muscle back, but purely from an aesthetic point of view......no difference in performance....I just love the look.

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

I had the Miura Mini blades and sold them. They were nice, certainly nothing wrong with them. I now have the MB-5003 with Nippon Super Peening Blues. Extremely pleased with this setup. Soft yet strong feeling, very accurate and for a blade, surprisingly forgiving. I think the MB-5003 is definitely the better choice.

there isnt much in terms of design or technology that can be done with a blade to make it 'better'. that is if you wanna have true blade and avoid various inserts like tungsten for cg/weight variations or feel inserts to give it specific impact feel artificially. i wont be surprised if Miura used exact same raw blanks for all of them and then finish and grind them differently depending on what they wanna have for each specific model. i ended up with MB-5003 because i just had a chance to get them at a very reasonable price at the time and i knew it was great blade so it was a no brainer really even tho i didnt have a chance to try them before pulling the trigger. MB-5003 is more tight and solid feel to me which is what i personally prefer and its subjective by definition but like i said it can be shaft related since thats what feeds the feel into your hands so to speak. search or ask on tourspecgolf.com forum, people over there, like Mjr. Diarrhea, tried them all with same shafts, different shafts, you name it.

[quote name='rsm' timestamp='1344403480' post='5428390']
Thanks for the reply grrrinder. I'm a ho for the later design, because I think there's always improvement in it. So if TB is more like the older MB-5001 model, I'd assume 5003 is better in terms of design?

Even with different shafts, why did you decide on the MB-5003 over the TB? I know different shafts translates to different feels and trajectories, but how about the feel of the two taking into account the shafts, is there really a difference?
[/quote]