2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

KZG Forged Blades

tfshirt

I'm considering a couple sets of irons for my set this coming season. One of them is a KZG Forged Iron set. I know much about golf but I have never heard of this Japanese company before I saw them.

They aren't very expensive, so money isn't an issue. I just want to learn more about the blades and what people think about them, before I pull the trigger and buy them.

So tell me what you know, what you thought of them etc.

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the idea of KZG is 110% custom fit. the company doesn't like it when people order these over the internet. they prefer you to go to a certified KZG dealer for a fitting and to purchase. great quality and not cheap if you do it the KZG way. if you find someone selling these irons without the fitting, that might save you money. but all in all, KZG is trying to appeal to golfers who understand the difference between big box and OEM companies, trying to sell the same product to anyone and everyone vs small companies that understand everyone has differenet needs.

Thanks for the comment, but it doesn't really answer my questions. After a little research I am aware of how KZG operates, and how they would prefer customers come to buying their products, but I don't have that kind of money and this offer is pretty much too good to pass up. The clubs look great, with a little offset and the muscleback head looks great.

One thing I haven't been able to track down is how old the KZG Blade Model is. The KZG ZO Blade seems to pop up more here and on the internet and seems to be the newer model KZG is putting out. But I haven't heard quite as much about the normal KZG Blade. Anyone know any specifics or even a rough idea about this?

KZG tend not not change their models too often, they come up with new lines and still keep their older models in their line up. i have a local fitter here in town thats a kzg dealer and they schooled me on the history and how their clubs are made. iv hit these and they are very nice. They had newer kbs shafts in them. From what i know, this model has been around a long time. Maybe 10 yrs? but as far as that particular set. who knows. could be a yr could be 9? id say pick up them if they're not too expense n get them fitted and change the shafts if u need. Don't be too concerned how old they are since the technology on the blades havent changed much. They are very high quality forgings. Kzg makes quality products and theres a reason why they keep old models still in their lineup cuz they still work. hope this helps. if not you always just call up a authorize fitting and pcik their brain.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I was a KZG dealer for many years and from my own experience that particular model was around from the late '90's....excellent muscle back blade and very high quality forging. As some others have stated KZG does not change their models just for the sake of change....those are a very good blade head and will be very playable for many years.... Buy them and enjoy them if they suit your eye.
Not sure about present day but at that time they were being forged in the same factory as Mizuno heads.

http://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=588&page=31526&sid=737

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

Thanks for your replies. Definitely helped, especially from those that used to work with the clubs. I will most likely pick them up next week. I started out golfing with an old Blade set from the 70s, and I used it on and off since I got my current set, so I am excited to try out a Blade set with more modern technology.

• 1 year later...

Whether they're "JDM" forged or not, they make a really nice club. I've had their Tour Evolutions and their ZO's which are still made.. and still made for a reason!!
The ZO's are obviously not forgiving but when struck well fell awesome and spin no more or less than their counterparts, and if you don't like them take the shafts out and use them as butter knives….they're that thin surely it would work!