A Disgracefully Overdue Review of NOVO GOLF Club Fitting

This review is long overdue. Shamefully overdue. I'm disappointed that I haven't made time to share my thoughts about Bill Cho and his company Novo Golf until now. That said…it's really his fault.

The delay was not because of a lack of enthusiasm for Novo Golf and the experience that I had the day of my fitting. It is instead a direct result of the experience I continue to have with the equipment that I purchased from Bill Cho every day. It was selfish of me to consume all the wonderful content here on WRX without contributing to the community by sharing what could amount to the most important and satisfying experience that I've had in over 20 years of golf.

The equipment that has been in my bag now since late June 2014 has had the unexpected and unprecedented effect of keeping me off of the golf forums ENTIRELY and has completely changed my equipment paradigm from card carrying club junky to peaceful and rewarding satisfaction. (Love the new graphics btw WRX :))

If you don't read on (I'm anticipating that this may become wordy), the important take-away from this post is that Novo Golf is the best fitting experience that I've ever had and the equipment now in my bag provides a level of satisfaction, performance and enjoyment never achieved by years and years of obsessive club research, buying, selling, buying, buying, buying and more buying. I'm certain there are other wonderful club fitters and builders and because I haven't experienced them all, I'm not making the shortsighted statement that Bill is the "best" in the world…he is however the best I've experienced, and the results have been unprecedented.

If you live near NYC (or even if you don’t – like me) and have been searching for a premium club fitting, building and customer service experience, Novo can and will exceed your expectations.

That's the important part of the post. Again, no need to continue reading unless you're like me and prefer to not blindly accept the words of any random shmuck with a keyboard. I'm certainly nobody special, but I'll briefly include some perspective on my experience in the game and particularly some insight into my club purchasing, research and fitting experiences prior to Novo. I may also throw in some details about the fitting to orient those needing some imagery of what the Novo experience is like.

Going to just throw out some bullets about me to try to keep this brief:

• "Competive" (club, local, state and at once aspiring national) golfer.
  • Lost my way technique wise, mentally and of course commitment wise given growing work and family responsibility – handicap swelled from 0.6 to 7.3 in a very VERY short period of time.
  • For years I would buy 3-5 sets of irons PER YEAR in search of…..something.
  • Have been fortunate enough to experience some of the world's best courses but also some interesting fitting experiences including, but not limited to a "VIP" visit to the Ping WRX department in Scottsdale (which was very cool btw), several fittings with various Club Champion staff members, local fitting "gurus", etc., etc. All lacked something…either a brand specific focus (e.g. Ping) or logistical limitations (e.g. indoor facility / simulation / lack of technology / confidence in fitter).
  • Since using my clubs from Novo, and with a little effort to reconnect golf to fun mentally, my handicap has dropped from the 7.3 it had swelled to, back down to a 1.1. I've never had a more rewarding equipment experience, and the result is confidence in my equipment like I've never had before. (All achieved while playing and practicing the least I have in years - used to be a ball beater...now I'm an arrive 15 minutes before tee time kinda guy...way more fun that way btw.)

Novo offered a solution to all of my fitting requirements:

• Wide selection of brands both domestic and foreign (exotic)
  • Interchangeable shaft technology and access to all the latest shafts by a wide range of manufacturers
  • Top of the line shot data technology (e.g. Trackman, Flightscope, GC2HMT)
  • Knowledgeable and reputable fitter (that knows more about golf equipment than me – said as modestly as possible)
  • On-site club construction demonstrating pride in work, craftsmanship and precision.
  • Easy-going approach compatible with my obsessive need to try everything and confirm and reconfirm equipment optimization without judgment (i.e. obsessive / crazy club junky)

Bill meets all of these criteria and more actually.

I purchased irons, a hybrid and a 3-wood from him. All custom built on-site and MOI matched. In a display of unexpected customer service, the heads and shafts were sourced, assembled and shipped to me in very short order to accommodate a tournament that I had scheduled. Excellent service.

Some quick insights on the facility and maybe a little of the process.

• When you arrive, you are at any other busy driving range you've ever seen…not a bad thing…just nothing "special" and certainly not a manufacturer or other "high-end" fitting venue.
  • The above perspective changes when you walk to the far end of the range and enter Bill's fitting studio. Complete with hundreds of heads and shafts, a putting green, an indoor to outdoor hitting area and a refrigerator stocked with bottled water or bottled craft beer (your choice), the studio fits the image and experience one expects in a high end fitting.
  • Because I was there for multiple sessions, I hit a lot of golf balls. Mostly due to my own obsessive need to touch and try and confirm.
  • Bill has a very peaceful personality and throughout the process calmly hands you different combinations of head and shaft. He reviews the performance of each with you on trackman and does so in a way that satisfies your personal appetite for data and in my case, recognizing my familiarity with the technology and data, he offered a collaborative discussion of what we should be focused on.

I think that's all I'll get into for now. Whatever I missed I can address via responses to your questions – should there be any.

If you've made it this far through this post, I'm familiar with your desire to find some objective information on a quality fitter…I hope this has helped.

I'm looking forward to taking a friend or two up to Bill's place this spring so they can experience what I have. I'll be booking a driver fitting with him soon as well…assuming I can still get on his calendar should the message of satisfaction portrayed here influence you to book some of Bill's time.

One last comment because I'm sure it will come up. No, Novo Golf is not the cheapest. It isn't trying to be, nor does the experience and quality warrant it. The value proposition is equitable for all the reasons outlined above.

Hope this helps someone! Best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thank you for such a detailed and insightful review...

I had just ordered new Modus 3 120 shafts to replace my S300s. I was perusing these forums for info on swing weight and what length I should cut my new shafts as I am a newbie to clubmaking. After reading this, I immediately called Novo to schedule a fitting session with Bill. Just waiting for his call back. I regret not reading this post before I bought the shafts. Hopefully the shaft suits me well and he optimizes it to make it work as best as possible. Thanks again for this.

I'm going to guess that you're playing Epon clubs with lighter shafts than the ones you were playing before after your "fitting."

[quote name='chuckaroo' timestamp='1427208829' post='11204853']
This review is long overdue. Shamefully overdue. I'm disappointed that I haven't made time to share my thoughts about Bill Cho and his company Novo Golf until now. That said…it's really his fault.

The delay was not because of a lack of enthusiasm for Novo Golf and the experience that I had the day of my fitting. It is instead a direct result of the experience I continue to have with the equipment that I purchased from Bill Cho every day. It was selfish of me to consume all the wonderful content here on WRX without contributing to the community by sharing what could amount to [i]the most important and satisfying experience that I've had in over 20 years of golf.[/i]

The equipment that has been in my bag now since late June 2014 has had the unexpected and unprecedented effect of keeping me off of the golf forums ENTIRELY and has completely changed my equipment paradigm from card carrying club junky to peaceful and rewarding satisfaction. (Love the new graphics btw WRX :))

If you don't read on (I'm anticipating that this may become wordy), the important take-away from this post is that Novo Golf is the best fitting experience that I've ever had and the equipment now in my bag provides a level of satisfaction, performance and enjoyment never achieved by years and years of obsessive club research, buying, selling, buying, buying, buying and more buying. I'm certain there are other wonderful club fitters and builders and because I haven't experienced them all, I'm not making the shortsighted statement that Bill is the "best" in the world…he is however the best I've experienced, and the results have been unprecedented.

If you live near NYC (or even if you don’t – like me) and have been searching for a premium club fitting, building and customer service experience, Novo can and will exceed your expectations.

That's the important part of the post. Again, no need to continue reading unless you're like me and prefer to not blindly accept the words of any random shmuck with a keyboard. I'm certainly nobody special, but I'll briefly include some perspective on my experience in the game and particularly some insight into my club purchasing, research and fitting experiences prior to Novo. I may also throw in some details about the fitting to orient those needing some imagery of what the Novo experience is like.

[list]
[*]"Competive" (club, local, state and at once aspiring national) golfer.
[*]Lost my way technique wise, mentally and of course commitment wise given growing work and family responsibility – handicap swelled from 0.6 to 7.3 in a very VERY short period of time.
[*]For years I would buy 3-5 sets of irons PER YEAR in search of…..something.
[*]Have been fortunate enough to experience some of the world's best courses but also some interesting fitting experiences including, but not limited to a "VIP" visit to the Ping WRX department in Scottsdale (which was very cool btw), several fittings with various Club Champion staff members, local fitting "gurus", etc., etc. All lacked something…either a brand specific focus (e.g. Ping) or logistical limitations (e.g. indoor facility / simulation / lack of technology / confidence in fitter).
[*]Since using my clubs from Novo, and with a little effort to reconnect golf to fun mentally, my handicap has dropped from the 7.3 it had swelled to, back down to a 1.1. I've never had a more rewarding equipment experience, and the result is confidence in my equipment like I've never had before. (All achieved while playing and practicing the least I have in years - used to be a ball beater...now I'm an arrive 15 minutes before tee time kinda guy...way more fun that way btw.)
[/list]

Novo offered a solution to all of my fitting requirements:[list]
[*]Wide selection of brands both domestic and foreign (exotic)
[*]Interchangeable shaft technology and access to all the latest shafts by a wide range of manufacturers
[*]Top of the line shot data technology (e.g. Trackman, Flightscope, GC2HMT)
[*]Knowledgeable and reputable fitter (that knows more about golf equipment than me – said as modestly as possible)
[*]On-site club construction demonstrating pride in work, craftsmanship and precision.
[*]Easy-going approach compatible with my obsessive need to try everything and confirm and reconfirm equipment optimization without judgment (i.e. obsessive / crazy club junky)
[/list]

I purchased irons, a hybrid and a 3-wood from him. All custom built on-site and MOI matched. In a display of unexpected customer service, the heads and shafts were sourced, assembled and shipped to me in very short order to accommodate a tournament that I had scheduled. Excellent service.

[list]
[*]When you arrive, you are at any other busy driving range you've ever seen…not a bad thing…just nothing "special" and certainly not a manufacturer or other "high-end" fitting venue.
[*]The above perspective changes when you walk to the far end of the range and enter Bill's fitting studio. Complete with hundreds of heads and shafts, a putting green, an indoor to outdoor hitting area and a refrigerator stocked with bottled water or bottled craft beer (your choice), the studio fits the image and experience one expects in a high end fitting.
[*]Because I was there for multiple sessions, I hit a lot of golf balls. Mostly due to my own obsessive need to touch and try and confirm.
[*]Bill has a very peaceful personality and throughout the process calmly hands you different combinations of head and shaft. He reviews the performance of each with you on trackman and does so in a way that satisfies your personal appetite for data and in my case, recognizing my familiarity with the technology and data, he offered a collaborative discussion of what we should be focused on.
[/list]

I think that's all I'll get into for now. Whatever I missed I can address via responses to your questions – should there be any.

If you've made it this far through this post, I'm familiar with your desire to find some objective information on a quality fitter…I hope this has helped.

I'm looking forward to taking a friend or two up to Bill's place this spring so they can experience what I have. I'll be booking a driver fitting with him soon as well…assuming I can still get on his calendar should the message of satisfaction portrayed here influence you to book some of Bill's time.

One last comment because I'm sure it will come up. No, Novo Golf is not the cheapest. It isn't trying to be, nor does the experience and quality warrant it. The value proposition is equitable for all the reasons outlined above.

[/quote]

No Epons for me. Tested them of course but they did not perform as well as what I chose (what chose me).

Unusual condescension...assuming originating from Bill's frequent sales of hard to find JDM equipment and that somehow being offensive to you.

My fitting (no quotations required) resulted in the purchase of what worked best for me...I was never coerced into something...as I result I couldn't be happier with my equipment.

Best of luck to you.

[quote name='PowerPlayer' timestamp='1428833367' post='11338545']
I'm going to guess that you're playing Epon clubs with lighter shafts than the ones you were playing before after your "fitting."

[quote name='chuckaroo' timestamp='1427208829' post='11204853']

The delay was not because of a lack of enthusiasm for Novo Golf and the experience that I had the day of my fitting. It is instead a direct result of the experience I continue to have with the equipment that I purchased from Bill Cho every day. It was selfish of me to consume all the wonderful content here on WRX without contributing to the community by sharing what could amount to [i]the most important and satisfying experience that I've had in over 20 years of golf.[/i]

[list]
[*]"Competive" (club, local, state and at once aspiring national) golfer.
[*]Lost my way technique wise, mentally and of course commitment wise given growing work and family responsibility – handicap swelled from 0.6 to 7.3 in a very VERY short period of time.
[*]For years I would buy 3-5 sets of irons PER YEAR in search of…..something.
[*]Have been fortunate enough to experience some of the world's best courses but also some interesting fitting experiences including, but not limited to a "VIP" visit to the Ping WRX department in Scottsdale (which was very cool btw), several fittings with various Club Champion staff members, local fitting "gurus", etc., etc. All lacked something…either a brand specific focus (e.g. Ping) or logistical limitations (e.g. indoor facility / simulation / lack of technology / confidence in fitter).
[*]Since using my clubs from Novo, and with a little effort to reconnect golf to fun mentally, my handicap has dropped from the 7.3 it had swelled to, back down to a 1.1. I've never had a more rewarding equipment experience, and the result is confidence in my equipment like I've never had before. (All achieved while playing and practicing the least I have in years - used to be a ball beater...now I'm an arrive 15 minutes before tee time kinda guy...way more fun that way btw.)
[/list]

Novo offered a solution to all of my fitting requirements:[list]
[*]Wide selection of brands both domestic and foreign (exotic)
[*]Interchangeable shaft technology and access to all the latest shafts by a wide range of manufacturers
[*]Top of the line shot data technology (e.g. Trackman, Flightscope, GC2HMT)
[*]Knowledgeable and reputable fitter (that knows more about golf equipment than me – said as modestly as possible)
[*]On-site club construction demonstrating pride in work, craftsmanship and precision.
[*]Easy-going approach compatible with my obsessive need to try everything and confirm and reconfirm equipment optimization without judgment (i.e. obsessive / crazy club junky)
[/list]

[list]
[*]When you arrive, you are at any other busy driving range you've ever seen…not a bad thing…just nothing "special" and certainly not a manufacturer or other "high-end" fitting venue.
[*]The above perspective changes when you walk to the far end of the range and enter Bill's fitting studio. Complete with hundreds of heads and shafts, a putting green, an indoor to outdoor hitting area and a refrigerator stocked with bottled water or bottled craft beer (your choice), the studio fits the image and experience one expects in a high end fitting.
[*]Because I was there for multiple sessions, I hit a lot of golf balls. Mostly due to my own obsessive need to touch and try and confirm.
[*]Bill has a very peaceful personality and throughout the process calmly hands you different combinations of head and shaft. He reviews the performance of each with you on trackman and does so in a way that satisfies your personal appetite for data and in my case, recognizing my familiarity with the technology and data, he offered a collaborative discussion of what we should be focused on.
[/list]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My pleasure. I'm happy it helped. You'll get all the data and answers you need. Enjoy! Let us know how it went if you have time.

[quote name='hyunsbuns' timestamp='1428778041' post='11334845']

I had just ordered new Modus 3 120 shafts to replace my S300s. I was perusing these forums for info on swing weight and what length I should cut my new shafts as I am a newbie to clubmaking. After reading this, I immediately called Novo to schedule a fitting session with Bill. Just waiting for his call back. I regret not reading this post before I bought the shafts. Hopefully the shaft suits me well and he optimizes it to make it work as best as possible. Thanks again for this.
[/quote]

[quote name='chuckaroo' timestamp='1428855895' post='11339877']
My pleasure. I'm happy it helped. You'll get all the data and answers you need. Enjoy! Let us know how it went if you have time.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sadly I don't think I'll get to experience a fitting session with Bill. I called a week ago to schedule an appointment and was told he'd call me back. A week later I call again and am told again he's busy so he will call me back, but I asked what his availability was looking like and the guy I was speaking with said he's booked this entire upcoming week. I don't think I can hold out 2 weeks just to get fitted and probably another week to get my clubs built... if he even calls me back.

Shame bc I was really looking forward to this, especially since I've had horrendous fitting experiences at my local PGASS. Gonna do some research and find another good fitter in my area.

[quote name='chuckaroo' timestamp='1428855895' post='11339877']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sadly I don't think I'll get to experience a fitting session with Bill. I called a week ago to schedule an appointment and was told he'd call me back. A week later I call again and am told again he's busy so he will call me back, but I asked what his availability was looking like and the guy I was speaking with said he's booked this entire upcoming week. I don't think I can hold out 2 weeks just to get fitted and probably another week to get my clubs built... if he even calls me back.

Shame bc I was really looking forward to this, especially since I've had horrendous fitting experiences at my local PGASS. Gonna do some research and find another good fitter in my area.

• 3 months later...

I really appreciate your review. I live a few miles from their Tappan facility and did not even know they had this capability. About 5 years ago, I walked in the store and no one was there. I waited, and waited........and waited. Finally I heard someone in the back and yelled for help. A young guy came out and acted like I was bothering him. I told him I wanted to be fit for a full set of clubs and he told me he could only do the driver. I agreed and he told me to go out to the Trackman at the driving range and he would be out soon. He never showed up! I left and have not been back in 5 years. I also told everyone I know about their terrible customer service. This just shows how one bad experience can turn you off. Thanks to your review, I will be giving Bill a call.

• 1 month later...

chuckaroo,

It may be hard for you to answer this because you are so much better than I am that I'd understand if you can't empathize, but... do you think that Bill's process would benefit a hacker? Also, in your opinion, would it be too much for a 60-something (years, not strokes, LOL) to be fitted for the whole bag on the same day? If so, in what order would you recommend that I get fitted?

Thanks a lot.

rteach1

• 6 months later...

If Bill hasn't gotten back to you, keep calling/emailing. I bought a set of Epons from him and he doesn't even call/email me back! Don't know what the story is there except that he either doesn't want to grow or he needs to put in a scheaduler between him and the appointments.

My experience was just like the OP's. Bought the Epons, handicap went from a nine to a four based entirely on improved iron play. I too feel completely comfortable with what I have and never even consider a new set. My buddy saw me nuke (for me) an eight iron 165 and decided to go see Bill. He just got his new set of Epons and by the second round was already four shots better.

Last year, I bought a Callaway Driver at a fitting at my club. I gave it to my nephew after about 15 rounds of trying to figure out how to hit it. That's the last time I let anyone else fit me. Went up and got the PXG Driver and three wood. Just getting them on the course now but I'm hitting it 12 yards further than my old driver and the misses are narrower, off center hits longer and straighter.

Here's the thing, every time I've tried another option than Bill, I've regretted it. Multiple sets of hybrids, wedges, drivers...never again. He charges a premium, yes but you walk out of there with the right equipment for you. Hybrids are next, then the putter, then wedges. Have to save up, though.

• 2 months later...

I went to Bill a couple years back for a driver fitting, and although the driver is probably the worst club in my bag (100% me and my swings fault) I've certainly seen improvement (especially on misses). I still have the driver and hit it pretty well.

I'm planning on reaching back out to him to get some new irons. I'm well overdue. I know that Bill is not the cheapest solution, but if a newly fit set of irons provide me with better numbers then I'm sure I'll be willing to splurge. I know that certain brands like Epon / Miura / PXG etc.. are going to run me more than something like a set of Mizunos or TaylorMades, but how much are we talking? 1500? 2500+? Just trying to get a feel so I'm better prepared when I go in there.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I've heard from a friend he doesn't' call back either. Customer service is suspect here.

I went to Bill a couple years back for a driver fitting, and although the driver is probably the worst club in my bag (100% me and my swings fault) I've certainly seen improvement (especially on misses). I still have the driver and hit it pretty well.

I'm planning on reaching back out to him to get some new irons. I'm well overdue. I know that Bill is not the cheapest solution, but if a newly fit set of irons provide me with better numbers then I'm sure I'll be willing to splurge. I know that certain brands like Epon / Miura / PXG etc.. are going to run me more than something like a set of Mizunos or TaylorMades, but how much are we talking? 1500? 2500+? Just trying to get a feel so I'm better prepared when I go in there.

Thanks

The proshop is cheap. They don't want to bother with people walking in. There you will find sets that were made 5 years ago still sitting at the full retail price! Sometimes they are closed on the weekends which is baffling.

Also as others have mentioned they get annoyed when you walk in. The same fittings can be done for free at a local PGA SS with play-ability guarantee.

• 1 month later...

Since this thread has recently been dug up to trash Novogolf's communication, I would like to say I left a message on their machine about 2 hours ago and just got a call back to set up a fitting.

In addition, I was fit by Bill about two years ago with great results. One thing that stands out about my previous experience was Bill's creativity relative to some of his competitors I have gone to in the past. I had some struggles with the 3Ws he was handing me. He threw a 5w on a stiffer 3w shaft and all of a sudden my numbers went up materially. While it wasn't cheap, he was happy to help recommend some ways to cut some cost out of the recommended club specs when I had some sticker shock. We ended up going with the slightly less optimal hybrid shafts.

I will be going back in 2 weeks.

• 1 year later...

I can second this sentiment. I went to Bill at NovoGolf a week ago for an overdue driver fitting. He was extremely professional, patient, and knowledgeable. I liked that he didn’t overload me with information. I don’t need to know the spin rate, carry, launch angle, trajectory, etc of every single swing i take. He would give me a setup, let me hit it about 10 times, then go over things with me, and then move onto the next setup. He did an excellent job of explaining why he was trying what he was giving me. At the end of the fitting, i had a club that i hit extremely well, and i knew more about my swing and capabilities than i did when i walked in 2 hours prior. I would recommend him to anyone, for anything, and i can’t wait until i get some funds together in order to go back for the rest of my bag. Well worth it.

> @tweakedmelon said:

> Since this thread has recently been dug up to trash Novogolf's communication, I would like to say I left a message on their machine about 2 hours ago and just got a call back to set up a fitting.

>

>

>

> In addition, I was fit by Bill about two years ago with great results. One thing that stands out about my previous experience was Bill's creativity relative to some of his competitors I have gone to in the past. I had some struggles with the 3Ws he was handing me. He threw a 5w on a stiffer 3w shaft and all of a sudden my numbers went up materially. While it wasn't cheap, he was happy to help recommend some ways to cut some cost out of the recommended club specs when I had some sticker shock. We ended up going with the slightly less optimal hybrid shafts.

>

>

>

> I will be going back in 2 weeks.

• 2 years later...

Does anybody have any recent fitting experiences with Novogolf?

I am very interested in an iron fitting, and have been doing lots of research of my options. I've narrowed it down to Novo and PGA Tour Superstore in Paramus, NJ. Obviously, there's going to be a price difference, but I'm happy to spend extra on the better experience that will get me the best equipment to optimize my game. Just want to make sure that if I'm going to spend more $$$, that it'll actually be worth it when there are cheaper options out there that could be just as good. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

-Sam 

• Like 1

Nothing recent but i went with a friend to Novo in Tappan about 8 years ago; they used Trackman and their fitting room could be opened up to an outdoor driving range. He wasn't fitted by Bill and the fitting (for irons and wedges) was good, but a bit rushed as 1. he was the only one there and had other duties 2. had another client booked and 3. spent time trying to sell him a driver which he didn't come in for and certainly didn't need.

Long story short he ended up with a set of Epon's for $2800 which also covered the cost of the fitting. I thought he may have been upsold on the clubs as he was only given Japanese brands to try, but he's an exceptional stick, way out of my league and still plays them so I may be too critical. 

A few thoughts...

I've heard very good things about Bill at Novo, Tappan and John at PGASS, Paramus; also Justin Newell at Club Champion, Livingston (formerly Hackensack) is also exceptional.  In general, however, I'd be cautious about getting fit by a substitute, especially at PGASS.

I highly recommend reading Tom Wishon's fitting thoughts in The Search for the Perfect Golf Club (2005), (or the updated version - The New Search for the Perfect Golf Club (2011) which is probably more detailed, but I haven't read it.)

Even if you are warmed up when you start testing I'd keep your first two or three shots with each model off the monitor to give yourself a chance to adjust to something new. If the cost of fitting is partially or fully waived upon purchase of clubs I would find out the time frame and come back a second day to retry your recommended set.  

Bring the balls you play to the fitting to get exact comparisons with your current set on height, spin and carry/rollout; it also gives the fitter another option to tweak club performance via ball substitution.  

Have a great time. 

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

• 1 month later...

A few folks I met that were fitted at novo also have Epons....kind of like hearing how so many club champion fittings result in oban shafts for irons and exotic graphite shafts for woods.  They are great products but also at the high end $$$ wise.  

I'm looking for a driver fitting too and novo is one of the few to see ball flights + trackman, but I also don't want to be upsold on honma driver with auto flex shaft!  I suppose we are in charge of the fitting and have to direct accordingly. 

@deltaChiG23Let me know if you go for a fitting.  I was kind of waiting for warmer weather.

@8thehardway comment about bringing the balls...thanks I wondered about that.  But thats for hitting into net and not range?  Otherwise you'd need to bring 50+ pro v1s lmao!!!

• Like 1

Correct, but given the quality of balls used by most driving ranges I'd guess any balls you'd find on a course would work better on the outdoor range 

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

Thanks everyone for the replies!

@fastswingerI'll keep you posted on if I do a fitting with Novo. I'm leaning towards a driver, but will likely wait a bit as I'm trying to work out a kink in my swing. Need to get that fixed first or a driver fitting would be a waste of money and time.

More to come!