DG S 200’s. Whose still playing? What you got?

miles2go ·  
miles2gomiles2go  341WRX Points: 102Handicap: 10Members Posts: 341 Greens
I have been playing the S200’s off and on for several years. Most recently in some older Srixon irons (I-506’s). Never really understood why these shafts never caught on big in the US market for us regular Joes. Seems like they used to be pretty popular in Japan. Personally love the overall DG behavior in a slightly lighter weight. High, boring flight that drops and stops for me. Haven’t gotten along with anything in the XP line (tip soft) and KBS and NS Pros just don’t feel quite right to me. Haven’t tried Modus but hear they are good.

Would love to hear what irons other WRX’rs are playing in S 200’s

Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Maungakeikei Auckland New Zealand 2724WRX Points: 248Members Posts: 2,724 Titanium Tees
    Just bought some Mizuno MP37 with them.

3 years ago i had Bridgestone J33 CB with same shafts.

Back then i softstepped them eg 3 shaft in to 4, 4 into 5 and that was the Sweetspot for me, played 4 to PW.

Other to try DG R300, similar 127ish grams, a bit softer overall i hear.

I have a set in year 2010 Wilson FG Tour cb's that cost $160 in NZ.

Or just buy older Hogan Apex Plus with Apex 4 or 3, around 115 grams, smooth!!

Cheers, Roger
    Posted:
    2020 mid Feb
    Good swing,rhythm
    Balance and grip

Nike vrs 3wd 15
    Titleist917F2 17.25!
    Ping G 7wd at 20

MP63  pw 987654

MD2 50S
    588 56 TourAction
    588 RTX 2 60/10
    ProPlatinumMidSLT
    Oct to March season

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.