LH women's irons for a new player

cwads12cwads12 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
My wife has recently been bit by the golf bug. She currently playing an awful bog box store set. I've gotten her a Taylormade driver and Odyssey putter, so now it's time for some new outings.

Any recommendations? Maybe a full hybrid set? She's athletic and hits it well, but can't find any time to practice. I think the more forgiving the better. I think being LH is the wildcard though.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Popeye64Popeye64 Members Posts: 876 ✭✭
    https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-sti-os-iron-pak-rhlh/p/pma0272/

Here is a left handed iron set that is very easy to hit and forgiving. You could swap in some women's shafts for and additional fee. Golfworks can even do the assembly for you. I think its as cheap of an option you will find that is actually of good quality.

You can even add in some Utilities in A flex that match the irons

https://www.golfworks.com/maltby-stih-hybrid-pak/p/pma0268/
  • MilfordleftyMilfordlefty Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    LPGA players seem to play 5 & 7 woods, even some 9 woods. Maybe find a partial iron set 5-7-9-GW & SW. Callaway and Ping seem to cater to left hand woman golfers the most. Ask her is she wants color in her grips, don't assume she wants black.
    Driver - Ping G400 Max 10.5°, Alta CB R flex, stock length
    FW - Ping G400 5W, 17.5°, Alta CB R flex, stock length
    Hybrid - Ping G400 4H, 22°, Alta CB R flex, stock length
    Irons - Ping G20 5-GW, CFS steel R, Black dot lie, std length
    Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth, 56° Black dot lie angle, std length, Ping Tour 58°, Black dot lie angle, std length
    Putter - Original Odyssey #7 XG w/ SuperStroke Flatso 2.0, red paint by Continental Golf
  • cwads12cwads12 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • MilfordleftyMilfordlefty Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    cwads12 wrote:

My wife has recently been bit by the golf bug. She currently playing an awful bog box store set. I've gotten her a Taylormade driver and Odyssey putter, so now it's time for some new outings.

Any recommendations? Maybe a full hybrid set? She's athletic and hits it well, but can't find any time to practice. I think the more forgiving the better. I think being LH is the wildcard though.

Thanks guys!

Saw these on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ping-G2-Ladies-Iron-Set-8-PW-GW-SW-Graphite-Other-Left-36-25-in/352400891910?hash=item520cbae006:g:r1oAAOSw-htbQ58E:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!48381!US!-1

Title says 8-SW, but pics show a 7i. Call them to verify. pick up a 5h or a womens 5 & 7 wood and she could be all set. My daughter played Ping G2 in HS 2014-2015, she loved them.
    Driver - Ping G400 Max 10.5°, Alta CB R flex, stock length
    FW - Ping G400 5W, 17.5°, Alta CB R flex, stock length
    Hybrid - Ping G400 4H, 22°, Alta CB R flex, stock length
    Irons - Ping G20 5-GW, CFS steel R, Black dot lie, std length
    Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth, 56° Black dot lie angle, std length, Ping Tour 58°, Black dot lie angle, std length
    Putter - Original Odyssey #7 XG w/ SuperStroke Flatso 2.0, red paint by Continental Golf