Choosing counter balance weight for putter

MilanP99MilanP99 Members Posts: 13
Hi, I have a Taylormade TP Mullen 2 that I want to counter balance and I have a few questions. The putter specs are that it is face balanced, has 3/4 shaft offset, and a 355g head weight. The grip is a Superstroke GT 1.0 that weighs 90 grams. Is it possible to counter balance a putter with a bend shaft and that the head is face balanced? If so, is there a specific weight of the weight plug I should get to counterbalance it correctly or is it just a personal preference?

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 2,154 ✭✭
    MilanP99 wrote:

Hi, I have a Taylormade TP Mullen 2 that I want to counter balance and I have a few questions. The putter specs are that it is face balanced, has 3/4 shaft offset, and a 355g head weight. The grip is a Superstroke GT 1.0 that weighs 90 grams. Is it possible to counter balance a putter with a bend shaft and that the head is face balanced? If so, is there a specific weight of the weight plug I should get to counterbalance it correctly or is it just a personal preference?

There is no reason you couldn't, and the amount of weight is going to be personal preference completely. Assuming you would be using something like Tour Lock weights I would recommend getting the drill bit, a selection of weights to try, and then a really light weight. Drill the hole in the grip, try out a bunch of different weights to see how they feel, and if you hate it then you can at least plug the hole with a really light weight that won't impact your feel. Or just replace the grip.
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 24*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 23,363 ✭✭
    Howard has a post to help folks choose weight and balance their putters

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/909991-diy-driver-tune-up-diy-fitting/#entry7871923