Choosing counter balance weight for putter

MilanP99 ·  
MilanP99MilanP99 Members  13WRX Points: 0Posts: 13
Hi, I have a Taylormade TP Mullen 2 that I want to counter balance and I have a few questions. The putter specs are that it is face balanced, has 3/4 shaft offset, and a 355g head weight. The grip is a Superstroke GT 1.0 that weighs 90 grams. Is it possible to counter balance a putter with a bend shaft and that the head is face balanced? If so, is there a specific weight of the weight plug I should get to counterbalance it correctly or is it just a personal preference?
Posted:

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3530WRX Points: 1,590Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,530 Titanium Tees
    MilanP99 wrote:

Hi, I have a Taylormade TP Mullen 2 that I want to counter balance and I have a few questions. The putter specs are that it is face balanced, has 3/4 shaft offset, and a 355g head weight. The grip is a Superstroke GT 1.0 that weighs 90 grams. Is it possible to counter balance a putter with a bend shaft and that the head is face balanced? If so, is there a specific weight of the weight plug I should get to counterbalance it correctly or is it just a personal preference?

There is no reason you couldn't, and the amount of weight is going to be personal preference completely. Assuming you would be using something like Tour Lock weights I would recommend getting the drill bit, a selection of weights to try, and then a really light weight. Drill the hole in the grip, try out a bunch of different weights to see how they feel, and if you hate it then you can at least plug the hole with a really light weight that won't impact your feel. Or just replace the grip.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

WITB Thread
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers  25080WRX Points: 1,644Posts: 25,080 Titanium Tees
    Howard has a post to help folks choose weight and balance their putters

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/909991-diy-driver-tune-up-diy-fitting/#entry7871923
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.