Really like the Tour B RX from Bridgestone, but ...

jjfcpa ·  
jjfcpajjfcpa Driver - Tour Edge EXS 10.5Omaha, NE 731WRX Points: 239Handicap: 12Members Posts: 731 Golden Tee

Of course, the problem is that the Tour B RX is $ 45 per dozen. Looking for something similar, but cheaper.

The Snell MTB Black seems similar but is not quite as soft.

Posted:

Comments

• ZNDavisZNDavis  112WRX Points: 90Handicap: 10.7Members Posts: 112 Fairways

There's always used!

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ • Tensei CK Pro White
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood • Tour AD MT7X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 2 iron, 4 iron, AP2 5-PW • KBS Tour 130X
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 50°, 54°, 60° wedge • KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm  2564WRX Points: 924Members Posts: 2,564 Titanium Tees

If a product is good, it (normally) costs more money. If it helps your game, its worth it.
    Someone in another thread posted a breakdown of per-round costs and 'expensive' golf balls is the cheapest thing youll ever buy.

Posted:

President of ShaftHos Anonymous

Epic Flash / Apex 19 / Apex + Pro / MD4 / Spider . || . ATMOS TS / Kai'li / Pro 2.0 / Elevate Tour

• BirdieRollBirdieRoll  408WRX Points: 81Handicap: 7.5Members Posts: 408 Greens

I'm kind of in the same boat. I game the Bridgestone RSX via a good sale last year for $35 a dozen. But when those run out I'll switch to the Q Star Tour for $30 vs the RSX for $45. For you, the RX to the Z Star might be a close equivalent.

Posted:
  • pjerzypjerzy Ohio 30WRX Points: 22Handicap: 15Members Posts: 30 Bunkers

I'd say the RX is more similar in feel and characteristics to the the QST instead of the Z star. I game both the RX and QST and feel they are fairly interchangeable. I do feel that I get most distance with the RX though. Also, if you have Amazon prime and don't mind using yellow, the Tour B RX in yellow is 32.

Posted:
  • jjfcpajjfcpa Driver - Tour Edge EXS 10.5 Omaha, NE 731WRX Points: 239Handicap: 12Members Posts: 731 Golden Tee

On -, @pjerzy said:

I'd say the RX is more similar in feel and characteristics to the the QST instead of the Z star. I game both the RX and QST and feel they are fairly interchangeable. I do feel that I get most distance with the RX though. Also, if you have Amazon prime and don't mind using yellow, the Tour B RX in yellow is 32.

I don't really like yellow balls and I did see that on Amazon Prime. I often wondered if they were an older model, but I bought some... just for practicing... and they were current model. Today I played the Snell MTB Black and I found it very similar to the RX... buy 5 dozen and it's less than $ 28 a dozen.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.