Really like the Tour B RX from Bridgestone, but ...

jjfcpajjfcpa Posts: 318 ✭✭

Of course, the problem is that the Tour B RX is $ 45 per dozen. Looking for something similar, but cheaper.

The Snell MTB Black seems similar but is not quite as soft.

Comments

• ZNDavisZNDavis Members Posts: 40 ✭✭

There's always used!

Taylormade M3 • Ping G25 23° hybrid • Titleist T-MB 2 iron • Bridgestone J40 DPC 4 - 9 irons
    Titleist Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54° wedges • Taylormade Hi-Toe 58° wedge • Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭

If a product is good, it (normally) costs more money. If it helps your game, its worth it.
    Someone in another thread posted a breakdown of per-round costs and 'expensive' golf balls is the cheapest thing youll ever buy.

Long Live Nike
  • BirdieRollBirdieRoll Posts: 355 ✭✭

I'm kind of in the same boat. I game the Bridgestone RSX via a good sale last year for $35 a dozen. But when those run out I'll switch to the Q Star Tour for $30 vs the RSX for $45. For you, the RX to the Z Star might be a close equivalent.

• pjerzypjerzy OhioMembers Posts: 24 ✭✭

I'd say the RX is more similar in feel and characteristics to the the QST instead of the Z star. I game both the RX and QST and feel they are fairly interchangeable. I do feel that I get most distance with the RX though. Also, if you have Amazon prime and don't mind using yellow, the Tour B RX in yellow is 32.

• jjfcpajjfcpa Posts: 318 ✭✭

@pjerzy said:
    I'd say the RX is more similar in feel and characteristics to the the QST instead of the Z star. I game both the RX and QST and feel they are fairly interchangeable. I do feel that I get most distance with the RX though. Also, if you have Amazon prime and don't mind using yellow, the Tour B RX in yellow is 32.

I don't really like yellow balls and I did see that on Amazon Prime. I often wondered if they were an older model, but I bought some... just for practicing... and they were current model. Today I played the Snell MTB Black and I found it very similar to the RX... buy 5 dozen and it's less than $ 28 a dozen.