The hooks. Please help !

KP24KP24 Mission Viejo, CAMembers Posts: 33 ✭✭

My little cut has turned into a big snap hook within the last few weeks. 3 iron, 3 wood, and driver. Everything else is fine. Please help.

Cobra F9 9° - Fuji atmos 7x
Titleist 917f2 13.5° - Diamana d+ 80x
Titleist 915f 18° - Diamana s 83x
Mizuno jpx 900 forged - Modus 105x
Vokey sm7 54 58
TM spider mini

Comments

• laneholtlaneholt Members Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

KP,
    It is always the dominant right hand that throws the toe over and ahead of the heel and causes - HOOKS / PULLS. AND - nothing is more natural. However , their is NOTHING NATURAL about the golf swing. You have to teach your dominant right hand to perform a task that is “ totally foreign and unnatural to the Human being!”
    That is - to not roll over at the very start and during the entire DS. Make sure the pinkie finger on your right hand is always above your right thumb during the DS or you can make sure the palm of your right hand looks skyward during the DS or you cam make sure the back of your left hand is looking skyward during the DS.
    All the above are different keys to serve the same purpose. Watch a video of any of the greats and pay close attention to their HANDS during the DS. DO NOT READ OR LISTEN TO AUDIO.just use you skills of observation and watch how their hands perform. Difficult to learn , but worth it. Hands do not hit. They only control the action by PULLING the lever down and around to sweep the ball off the ground.
    Good luck,
    Lane

• KP24KP24 Mission Viejo, CAMembers Posts: 33 ✭✭

Lane,
    My original thought was that possibly my right hand was too strong but what you are saying makes total sense. Could weakening my right hand grip be a way to help with the lefts as well ? Thanks !

Cobra F9 9° - Fuji atmos 7x
    Titleist 917f2 13.5° - Diamana d+ 80x
    Titleist 915f 18° - Diamana s 83x
    Mizuno jpx 900 forged - Modus 105x
    Vokey sm7 54 58
    TM spider mini

Kip,
    It has absolutely nothing to do do with a strong or weak grip. The grip is the most overrated part in the history of golf instruction. The installed grip on the butt of the shaft is ONLY to be HELD. Our HANDS have now power to provide anyway. They have none. They are just the only link / connection between the human and the lever / shaft and they control the entire process. Approx. 40 % of our brain is dedicated to our hands and our body will ALWAYS obey the commands of our HANDS. Example- have you ever questioned how your arms moved when you pick up a cup of coffee or turned the steering wheel on your car ? The answers is - NO.
    Our HANDS have performed billions of simple task in our life which are in our subconscious. However, golf is NOT one of those. It is a LEARNED action against all gently design.
    As for the grip—- place you left hand out in front of you right thumb pointing straight up to the sky. Now rotate your left thumb CCW . Did your left hand rotate to a palm up position ? Now rotate your left hand / thumb from this palm up position CW - went 270 degrees, huh ? And this is what our hands are designed to do and they will ALWAYS ROLL OVER AND RUIN OUR GOLF SHOT IF LEFT UNATTENDED AND UNTRAINED! Genetics always prevail.
    Glad you are intelligent and thinking about a different prospective.

Lane

KP,
    My point about the grip. Paul Azinger comes to mind. He could play a little and he had a very so- called strong grip yet he was a fader of the golf ball. It doesn’t matter much how you HOLD the butt end. It matters how you control the movement of you HANDS .

Lane

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file