Veylix Rome 888 tipping ... Suggestions

mfryegolf ·  
mfryegolfmfryegolf Members  22WRX Points: 26Handicap: 4Posts: 22 Bunkers

I got a new x flex 888 for a 16.5 m2 hl tour head. I've been playing a "strong" 8m2 matrix in a older bore through titleist head 13.5 but I hit it too far and I'm assuming the bore through makes it play stiffer. I swing around 110 with the driver and I am wanting to try out these veylix shafts. Should I grab a stiff instead of this x? Tipping suggestions?

Posted:

Comments

• titleist26titleist26 Members  331WRX Points: 79Posts: 331 Greens

I once got a 888 stiff flex fairway shaft that was untipped when purchased. I found it to play quite soft initially but stiffened up considerably after tipping one inch. So I would say they are fairly sensitive to tipping and to keep that in mind. Perhaps if you decide to go x flex then just tip 1/2" initially

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.