Yes! Callie . ...............your experience, likes and dislikes

collingsom1a ·  
collingsom1acollingsom1a Chicago, ILMembers  852WRX Points: 101Handicap: 6Posts: 852 Golden Tee
I'm interested in how they feel, and what might happen if you hit a put outside the C groove, like towards the toe.

How are they for distance control.

Do they roll out more, thus requiring a softer touch?

Anyone tired the forged version?

What weight are the heads on a 34' shaft?

Thanks.
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on
Hey man, I'm the dude

Comments

• klaymonklaymon Members  264WRX Points: 0Posts: 264
    I have one (non-forged) and I love it. I find it to be very forgiving on off-center hits and the distance control is superb to the two putters I've had prior. I think the roll out is "accurate". I had an Odyssey insert putter that I felt I had to stroke harder than normal to get the ball there. The Yes just feels right. Head weight is 355g. Best putter purchase I've made. I'll be gaming it for a long time.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golf472Golf472 Members  444WRX Points: 67Posts: 444 Greens
    I have the callie-f and have been using it for two seasons. I upgraded from the non forged callie. I love Yes putters. I love the sound I get and can tell when the ball hits flush it clicks, when I dont there is a slight ting. I have the 35" and have 3 wraps of tape to beef up the grip.
    Posted:
    TM R11s
    TM Tour Preferred CB/MC
    TM Spider Blade
  • golfernut78golfernut78 BOOMER SOONER Members  3448WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,448
    i've got both callies - cast and forged. excellent putters. both have good feel, but the forged is better, but i only have the forged because i found it "like new" at the shop for $100. couldn't pass on it. they put a great roll on the ball.
    Posted:
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]scotty cameron newport beach[/font]
  • rattler917rattler917 Members  323WRX Points: 0Posts: 323
    golfernut78 is the forged be worth the increased cost? Or are they pretty close in feel?
    Posted:
  • geeza_1geeza_1 Members  1198WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,198 Platinum Tees
    rattler917 wrote on Jan 13 2009, 06:30 AM:
    golfernut78 is the forged be worth the increased cost? Or are they pretty close in feel?

I have also owned and subsequently sold both. The standard model is nothing special but the Callie F is the real deal. It looks nicer and feels much much softer. Selling it is one of my few regrets. It really is a very nice putter.

I would definitely spend the extra and get the forged model.
    Posted:
    919THI 11.5° / 1° open
    929hs 20° / dead square
    775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
    Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
    MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
    Ping Sydney 33"
  • kstevenksteven Members  119WRX Points: 60Handicap: 10.2Posts: 119 Fairways
    I will be the first to post a less than favorable comment on the Callie. I bought both Callies, liking the heavier head feel. I found it to be excellent on 10-15 foot putts. It rolled out nice and the ball always got to the hole. On lag putts is where I had problems, the head seemed to swing well, but I was afraid that I would hit it past too far, and then I started to leave putts short. When Cameron came out with Studio Select, with moveable head weights, I found this to be the putter that I need. I am still working on getting it right.

The YES line is a good line of putters, try several models.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • collingsom1acollingsom1a Chicago, ILMembers  852WRX Points: 101Handicap: 6Posts: 852 Golden Tee
    what about when you hit the ball outside the center of the "C Groove".....does that affect roll?
    Posted:
    Hey man, I'm the dude
  • generalbolggeneralbolg Members  1191WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,191 Bunkers
    i have the dianna. i prefer the slant neck look, but i nearly got the callie. these putters are absolutely fantastic. they put such a pure roll on the ball its unreal. i havent noticed that the c-grooves mess with the ball when you dont hit it pure, but there will be a slight loss of distance on off center hits. these putters feel fantastic, and the feedback you get is unbelievable. you will know when you pure one and when you dont. it makes you focus on making a solid stroke and making perfect contact. this may sound extreme, but its a putter. its not that difficult to hit the sweetspot.

if youre looking for forgiveness and moi, look elsewhere. but if you want a putter that feels unbelievable, and rolls the ball as good as or better than anything else out there, definitely pick up a yes putter.

edit: in response to ksteven: i actually had a pretty similar issue. i was absolutely money from inside 20 feet with the dianna, but lag putting was difficult. the shafts on the yes putters are rifled, and a little heavier than i wanted. i swapped the shaft for a true temper ysc-325 (same shaft used in the old scotty camerons, only oem's can purchase them) and the balanced improved tremendously. the new shaft is slightly lighter, stepped (my preference), and slightly more tip heavy. my lag putting improved tremendously as a result of this. i can really feel where the head of the putter is now. i am in love with my putter now.
    Posted:
  • funkyfedorafunkyfedora Members  2212WRX Points: 2Posts: 2,212 Platinum Tees
    collingsom1a wrote on Jan 13 2009, 09:30 AM:
    what about when you hit the ball outside the center of the "C Groove".....does that affect roll?

I have the plain callie... The grooves cant lift the ball like a center hit would. Its baisicly like hitting a normal putter with the toe. Two different feels between the groove and toe or heel... It feels rather dead off of the toe which is why I hate mine. It is sitting in the corner waiting for a buyer...
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.