Help with preventing rust from raw wedges

apocalypsem3 ·  
apocalypsem3apocalypsem3 Members  730WRX Points: 1Posts: 730 Golden Tee
Hoppes Gun Oil / Perma Blu
Hey guys,

I was wondering how to prevent (at least for short while) rust from raw wedges. From what I have searched, I can either use Hoppes gun oil ...... or do a Perma Blu treatment on a raw wedge to prevent them from rusting.

Which method is a better way as in durability of treatment/ease of treatment?

Feel free to add in other methods that you thought worked better.

Thanks.
Posted:

Comments

• billybaubbillybaub Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    i thought the idea of a raw wedge was to rust

isnt it to increase spin

mine are rusty and i love them

cant really see why you want to stop a raw wedge from doing what it was designed to do
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • abewleyabewley Members  3174WRX Points: 1Posts: 3,174 Titanium Tees
    just clean the well after every round.
    Posted:
  • RyunRyun Members  885WRX Points: 0Posts: 885
    If they get too rusty for your taste, soak em in coke over night and they will clear right up.

But in my opinion, very little beats knocking an ole rusty wedge in to 2 feet

"trusty rusty" as they say
    Posted:
  • apocalypsem3apocalypsem3 Members  730WRX Points: 1Posts: 730 Golden Tee
    Well, I've never had a raw wedge before and I am worried the wedges will rust too much. Also, rust eats away the metal when it forms and I was wondering if anyone had a problem with mass loss from raw wedges. Would the grooves wear out before I see any significant loss in clubhead mass?
    Posted:
  • matt411matt411 Members  751WRX Points: 0Posts: 751
    I wouldn't worry about clubhead mass loss. The easiest way to get rust off of raw steel is with naval jelly. the stuff is like magic. just dont use it on chrome.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.