November-March

GehenHerzogGehenHerzog Members Posts: 779
edited Oct 4, 2006 in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1
Tournaments...
I usually dont play in the winter but I think I am going to this year and are there any tournaments to play in OTHER than FCWT. The tournaments need to have strong fields with a lot of players. I dont like playing in little mini stuff that does nothing.

So are there any tournaments?

Comments

• Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold Posts: 375
    edited Oct 4, 2006 #2
    IJGT. FCWT. Strongest fields you will get in the winter.(which tournaments are all across the country not just one state) Unless you think Peter Uihlein, Brad Sneider, Max Griel, and others aren't good golfers. because i am pretty sure the best FCWT tournaments are ranked pretty good......

Oh and quick edit.

There are alot of individual tournaments such as doral publinx and the junior orange bowl.....
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    edited Oct 4, 2006 #3
    Doral Publix is Dec 20 - 23, 2006 , if u wanna play entry deadline is october 13 so hurry up . http://www.dagagolf.org/tournaments/doral/

Also the Junior Orange Bowl is Dec 26 - 30, 2006 .

http://www.jrorangebowl.com/Events-index-id-11-g_id-11.html

Also The 58th Donald Ross Junior Championship at Pinehurst is 12/27/2006 - 12/28/2006 .
  • GehenHerzogGehenHerzog Members Posts: 779
    I play in the Donald Ross every year. The IJGT IMO isnt very strong...and FCWT SOS is around 100-150 according to GolfWeeks rankings.

I have a couple tournaments I am playing in. I would play in FCWT but its a waste because it cost like 200 to join then I would only play in 2 or 3 tournaments which cost 400 to play in. Its just not worth it.

The Junior Orange Bowl there is a criteria to play in it, if I remember correctly.
  • 7D2 7D2 Members Posts: 739
    if you are willing to pay the PJGT is amazing Just go to www.pjgt.com
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Hey,

I was just wondering I am 15 years old that live in Canada with a 4 handicap. I was wondering what winter tournaments were avaliable that i would be able to get notcied and get my name out there too smaller schools(DII). Could you tell me which tour IJGA, FCWT or PJGT would be the best for this. As well i would like to play in the 13-15 year old age group and my birthday is in March. Any tournament from Christmas break to Marck break that are big and maybe involve coaches around? Any imformation is helpful. thanks veyr much
    puretempo67 wrote on Oct 26 2006, 04:05 PM:

Hey,

I was just wondering I am 15 years old that live in Canada with a 4 handicap. I was wondering what winter tournaments were avaliable that i would be able to get notcied and get my name out there too smaller schools(DII). Could you tell me which tour IJGA, FCWT or PJGT would be the best for this. As well i would like to play in the 13-15 year old age group and my birthday is in March. Any tournament from Christmas break to Marck break that are big and maybe involve coaches around? Any imformation is helpful. thanks veyr much

Well i know for the 16-18 age group of FCWT is pretty full... you might want to check out the site for availbiltiy for your age. I know for a fact that IJGT 2nd semester tournaments haven't even opened yet. That would probably be the best place
    Hey

I know for most tournament 13-15 there are spots left for some events. Do you think FCWT is the best tour compared to IjGT or PJGt. If so, which tournaments do you think would have the strgonest fields and get the most noticed. Thanks
    puretempo67 wrote on Oct 26 2006, 10:04 PM:

Hey

I know for most tournament 13-15 there are spots left for some events. Do you think FCWT is the best tour compared to IjGT or PJGt. If so, which tournaments do you think would have the strgonest fields and get the most noticed. Thanks

FCWT and IJGT are stronger than Plantation tour... Some of FCWT's are stronger than IJGT and vice versus. They are about the same strength. Some tournaments vary.
    Hey,

Thanks for the input. Which events in the IJGA or FCWT will be bigger? Any big tournaments where coaches will be there before the begginging of March. Thanks
    puretempo67 wrote on Oct 27 2006, 03:23 PM:

Hey,

Thanks for the input. Which events in the IJGA or FCWT will be bigger? Any big tournaments where coaches will be there before the begginging of March. Thanks

I really can't say which is better because i don't know for a true fact. Go to the rankings at golfweek and look which ones were ranked the best last year.