MODS PLEASE DELETE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice setup you got there, your already a 3 handicap after a year of playing... WOW, thats awesome....

TM SLDR 11° Fujikura Fuel 60
TM SLDR 15° MRC Blueboard 73x5ct
9031DF 20°~23° Altus Black Tie, ADDI 105
Cally RAZR X Forged 5-AW, PX flighted
Dynacraft CNC Forged 56°&60°
Scotty Cameron Cali Monterey

Nice setup you got there, your already a 3 handicap after a year of playing... WOW, thats awesome....

TM SLDR 11° Fujikura Fuel 60
TM SLDR 15° MRC Blueboard 73x5ct
9031DF 20°~23° Altus Black Tie, ADDI 105
Cally RAZR X Forged 5-AW, PX flighted
Dynacraft CNC Forged 56°&60°
Scotty Cameron Cali Monterey

[quote name='Coy M' timestamp='1354469118' post='6008027']
Nice setup but 3 handi after 1 year..hmm.. you must be a beast of an athlete :)
[/quote]

haha thanks! well playing everyday and working out helps. ive played many sports before like football, soccer, and basketball and decided golf is my game!

[quote name='sung1018' timestamp='1354481935' post='6008699']
I am interested in the golo s putter. Any input our thoughts on the putter? Bag is very well set up.
[/quote]

I love the golo. I beleive that it is the easiest putter to align on the market. I took a long time to pick out the center-shafted one. Some people would say it for more of a straight back and straight through putter but its really not. Also, painting the alignment line white was probably the best thing ive done to a putter. I would advise you to get it. And thanks, just working on getting some shafts for the woods right now. im kinda stuck on what to get..

Did you paint the alignment line yourself? I always been wanted cs putter. Seriously considering this putter.
About your quest to find the right shaft, I would go to a fitter at your country club pro shop. You wouldn't want to waste any dough on shaft you won't need. Since ping anser are fairly new they will have assortment of shaft for you to test out. Anyhow what type of flight are you looking for?

[quote name='sung1018' timestamp='1354494284' post='6009455']
Did you paint the alignment line yourself? I always been wanted cs putter. Seriously considering this putter.
About your quest to find the right shaft, I would go to a fitter at your country club pro shop. You wouldn't want to waste any dough on shaft you won't need. Since ping anser are fairly new they will have assortment of shaft for you to test out. Anyhow what type of flight are you looking for?
[/quote]

Yes i did paint the line myself. I took out the orignal black paintfill very carefully with my moms nail polish remover lol. Ya i will have to check if my CC has anybody that has some exotic shafts to try! Im looking for a mid ballflight but most importantly something a little bit longer distance wise than my current set up.

[quote name='Rpc518' timestamp='1354495719' post='6009527']
[quote name='sung1018' timestamp='1354494284' post='6009455']
[/quote]

Yes i did paint the line myself. I took out the orignal black paintfill very carefully with my moms nail polish remover lol. Ya i will have to check if my CC has anybody that has some exotic shafts to try! Im looking for a mid ballflight but most importantly something a little bit longer distance wise than my current set up.
[/quote]

Next time use acetone to remove the paint. Much easier. Use testor paint pens to paint, several coats and several coats of clear nail polish after to seal it in.

Sweet set up, Ryan. If your looking for shaft advice, sir, I will give you mine. I feel that certain brands of shafts are just poo, no matter how much you pay for it. The best shafts on the market are Fujikura or UST. The V2 line made by UST offers many weight options and flight options. I am playing a V2 85gram in my driver at the moment and really want it buried with me. LOL. I have not kept up much recently with Fujikura, but every one I've ever hit is consistent and solid. Consistency is the biggest factor for me in a shaft. Oh yes, cannot forget Mitsubishi Rayon. They some bomb shafts too. I think if you research those brands, you will find a winner.

Ping G425 Max 10* Ping Tour 80x
Tour Edge CBX 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 869
Tour Edge C721 Hydrid 19*
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour
Titleist SM6 50*12 SM7 54*08 and SM8 58*14K
Odyssey Tour Black

Iomic Grips

[quote name='TommylovesGolf' timestamp='1354891553' post='6032489']
Sweet set up, Ryan. If your looking for shaft advice, sir, I will give you mine. I feel that certain brands of shafts are just poo, no matter how much you pay for it. The best shafts on the market are Fujikura or UST. The V2 line made by UST offers many weight options and flight options. I am playing a V2 85gram in my driver at the moment and really want it buried with me. LOL. I have not kept up much recently with Fujikura, but every one I've ever hit is consistent and solid. Consistency is the biggest factor for me in a shaft. Oh yes, cannot forget Mitsubishi Rayon. They some bomb shafts too. I think if you research those brands, you will find a winner.
[/quote]

Im thinking of the UST ATTAS INTERNTIONAL SERIES 6S. There is a guy one craigslist who is selling one for $100 brand new. Pretty good deal i think!

hey man the current WITB is nice, I used to play the TM TP RAC MB's and considered the MC irons but stuck with my Mizuno mp-14's as i simply think they're the best iron i've ever hit.

As far as the shaft goes, I hope you found one in your new driver that gives you everything you want. I know after A LOT of research I was positive that I was going to get the 910 with the RIP x with a 118 mph driver swing speed I thought it was going to fall in love with the RIP but it just wasn't there when I hit it. To me it felt generic and like it had no real kick point and was short off the face. I was actually fit into a made for Diama Kali and I absolutely love it.

Moral of the story, no one can tell you what shaft to get other than you, we can make suggestions based on numbers and swing videos but the decision comes down to what gives you the feel, shape and shapeability you're looking for!

LT59

congrats on getting to a 3 cap so quick, I know the feeling, I started playing at 10 and was a 3 cap at 14 (not from the tips but jr's tourney tees). Make sure you don't burn yourself out like I did and keep the fun in the game. Get out there on the course that you're a member at with 1 club and a putter for 9 holes or only hit stingers for 9 holes or only play 3/4 shots for 9 holes. I could go on for a while lol just have fun Ryan, no matter how good you get and how far you go make sure it's always a game even if it's how you make your living and enjoy it!

Well played to get to 3 after a year I'm also 15 and off +0.2 and I've been playing for 10 years nice set up there good luck in the future

VRS Covert 9.1 A Proforce V2 5 S
FT optiforce 14.4 A AXIVCore blue 59 S
Idea super 9031 18.8 A Diamana D+ 82 S
MP 63 4-PW DG S300
MP T4 50/6, 54/9 & 58/10
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 34.5"

[quote name='LTaylor59' timestamp='1355558903' post='6071969']
hey man the current WITB is nice, I used to play the TM TP RAC MB's and considered the MC irons but stuck with my Mizuno mp-14's as i simply think they're the best iron i've ever hit.

As far as the shaft goes, I hope you found one in your new driver that gives you everything you want. I know after A LOT of research I was positive that I was going to get the 910 with the RIP x with a 118 mph driver swing speed I thought it was going to fall in love with the RIP but it just wasn't there when I hit it. To me it felt generic and like it had no real kick point and was short off the face. I was actually fit into a made for Diama Kali and I absolutely love it.

Moral of the story, no one can tell you what shaft to get other than you, we can make suggestions based on numbers and swing videos but the decision comes down to what gives you the feel, shape and shapeability you're looking for!

LT59

congrats on getting to a 3 cap so quick, I know the feeling, I started playing at 10 and was a 3 cap at 14 (not from the tips but jr's tourney tees). Make sure you don't burn yourself out like I did and keep the fun in the game. Get out there on the course that you're a member at with 1 club and a putter for 9 holes or only hit stingers for 9 holes or only play 3/4 shots for 9 holes. I could go on for a while lol just have fun Ryan, no matter how good you get and how far you go make sure it's always a game even if it's how you make your living and enjoy it!
[/quote]

Ya..i was kinda thinking that. I think i have to go try a bunch of shafts and see which ones are for me. And thanks for the tips, sounds fun to play 9 holes with one club.

[quote name='titleist fan 1' timestamp='1355575235' post='6072187']
Well played to get to 3 after a year I'm also 15 and off +0.2 and I've been playing for 10 years nice set up there good luck in the future
[/quote]

Thanks, do you play in any AJGA's or FCWT's or anything tournaments like that?

Great set up. For your shaft in your hybrid I would suggest Matrix Ozik Program 115 or 95 pending on how heavy/light you prefer. For your driver and 3 wood I really am a classic shaft fan I still love the Fubuki and Blueboard and I am only 19. I prefer them over the kai'li or the ahina. Matrix makes some awesome woods shafts you just have to find one that fits your needs. But just so you know going from a 9.5* to a 8.5* increases spin and Ping is famous for stamping their drives 2-3* less then what it actually is. That's just a heads up for you because obviously only golfing for a year you would not know these things.

Ping G400 9* - Oban Kiyoshi Black 65x
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 15* - Graphite Design AD-DI 75x

Taylormade Sim 18* - Diamana Kai'li  70x
Taylormade 790 4i - Graphite Design AD-DI 95x 
Taylormade P-7MC 5-P - DG TI Onyx x100
Titleist SM8 50, 55 & 60 - DG TI Onyx s400
Artisan 0519 - 35"

[quote name='TPMAN' timestamp='1354750701' post='6024491']
Very nice set. Cant go wrong with the anser's
[/quote]
BTW, you may want to also try out the i20 hybrid. It's a great looking and performing club.

Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts
50*, 54* & 60* Titleist SM6 wedges
Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip

Very nice set up, love the 3 wood. I was trying to replace my Rapture Tour 3w , The Anser came close but stayed with the Rapture.

Ping G 10.5* LS w/ Aldila Rouge MSI 110 60 Stiff
Ping G 14.5* w/ Aldila Rogue MSI 95 70 Stiff
Ping G 17.5* w/ Aldila Rogue MSI 95 80 Stiff
Ping G 4 Crossover w/ Aldila Rogue MSI 95 85 X-Stiff
Ping G 5-6 w/ S300 with Cushin
Ping IE1 7-U w/ S300 with Cushin
Ping Gorge 54* WS w/ S300
Ping Gorge 58* ES w/ S300
Ping Nome 35" strong arc