My arguements

I personally think that junior golf game is starting to get worse. For example, to many kids a cheating (You know who you are) and it is not going to help in the long run. As you get farther in life there will be more people than just you watching so stop. Also, to many kids are not playing to their potential because all they care about is their clubs, post a good score then worry about your clubs (I do this too) don't blame your round on the clubs you own. Lastly, don't play other peoples game, to many of us try to ht the ball to far and end up getting in too much trouble. sacrifice a club and hit it straight (everyone likes to be in the fairway).

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that too many kids are cheating in golf these days. You almost have to second guess when a kid comes in with a lower score then you in a tournament if you don't play with them, and even so you can watch ever move. This should make you play better tho making sure that you do not get beat. All I can say is play better and don't worry with the other kids playing, just beat em.

I think the game is more popular than it once was. It isn't just for golf nerds anymore, and I think that's great. The problem is a lot of kids now have some of the wrong reasons to perform on the golf course. I think that's where cheating comes from. It's the folks who don't really have the attitude you need to play golf, but who still want to be "good" to look good.

They are only fooling themselves.

Bomb and gouge is gaining popularity all over. It doesn't make sense on a lot of courses and for a lot of peoples' individual playing styles. A lot of people just want to hit it deep. I get a kick out of the golf team these days. I always play first, usually I hit a 5 wood or 4 hybrid off the tee. Amusingly, I am often outdriven by only a few yards, depending on how much roll there is. Either way, I hit a lot of greens with 7, 8, and 9 irons, then I walk forward 15 yards and head off the fairway so I can watch my partners miss the green from 75 yards out.

Part of what separates the men from the boys out there is how well you know your own game and what works for it. If you can only hit greens with your wedges, and are decent at hitting from funny places, maybe you take out the driver. If you are like me and can hit greens from anywhere as long as the grass is short, that 5 wood works just fine. Play your own game. From a junior's standpoint, often the 460cc drivers will hurt those who wield them, and help those who take out fairway woods.

I am always thinking about my equipment. When I step out onto the first tee, I am no longer thinking about buying a 4 wood. I am thinking about how I am going to take this 3 wood and put it in the fairway. There is nothing wrong with equipment upgrades. Understanding equipment can be a helpful side affect. The important thing is to not let it get out of hand. I don't see this too much anymore, I used to see it on JV a lot, but for the most part by the time a person reached HS varsity level they have their head around all this stuff.

I personally think that junior golf game is starting to get worse. For example, to many kids a cheating (You know who you are) and it is not going to help in the long run. As you get farther in life there will be more people than just you watching so stop. Also, to many kids are not playing to their potential because all they care about is their clubs, post a good score then worry about your clubs (I do this too) don't blame your round on the clubs you own. Lastly, don't play other peoples game, to many of us try to ht the ball to far and end up getting in too much trouble. sacrifice a club and hit it straight (everyone likes to be in the fairway).

Nice idea but the way I see it if your half descent then you dont cheat because your in bigger tourneys and well it just doesn't happen on the major tours (jr i.e. AJGA FC/WT IJGT ECT). I agree to a point on the club issue however if you are a great player you must have the right sticks to play to your potential, albeit you dont need 300 clubs and if you have the right set then you have no excuse in that regard. I don't want this to seem like I am condoning blaming play on clubs because at most it will probally cost more no more then one or two a round, but the right set can make a difference.

As for the last statement, it sounds pretty hypocritical since your worrying about other people.

People cheat all the time.. I've lost two tournaments two my teammates that have admitted to me that they cheat. (Don't know if they did in the tournaments that i lost to them or not but still) I also got screwed out of states because you can only take 2 kids from a team and 3 of us quailfied and because the other kid cheated and shot lower than me he gets to go. Yesterday while playin in a match our number one on our team was going to shave off over 6 strokes with the other number one from the other team because they didn't want to post bad scores. I called both of them out. They posted 44 and 46, even tho they both really shot around 46, 48ish. Cheating is stupid. It sucks for people who work hard and get screwed.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

People cheat all the time.. I've lost two tournaments two my teammates that have admitted to me that they cheat. (Don't know if they did in the tournaments that i lost to them or not but still) I also got screwed out of states because you can only take 2 kids from a team and 3 of us quailfied and because the other kid cheated and shot lower than me he gets to go. Yesterday while playin in a match our number one on our team was going to shave off over 6 strokes with the other number one from the other team because they didn't want to post bad scores. I called both of them out. They posted 44 and 46, even tho they both really shot around 46, 48ish. Cheating is stupid. It sucks for people who work hard and get screwed.

your number 1s are shooting in the 40's???

well sadly about half of my jv golf team cheats...theres only about 2 people (besides me) that i THINK may not cheat....but the rest of my 12 person frosh jv team cheats obviously....

the sad thing is...how someone can shoot a 44 on the easiest course in the world(our home course) and then go to JV conference and shoot a 102 when he usually(cheats) and shoots a 44 or so on our home course

yes granted the course we played at is different...but in my opinion that course is way easier than our homecourse....and ME who was #2 in conference out of 50 people...shot an 86 and felt like i played like horse sh*t

i just think its crap that people are still cheating...and like others have already said...theyll get bit in the @$$ when they really can't cheat...hence the story bout the kid shooting 44's and going and shooting a 102 :man_in_love:

I used to Shave strokes. (I"m Sorry) But then after I got Dq'd because other guys were watching me and my coach didn't take me to the zone tournament I deserved to go to ( i was #3 in the leauge) , I did some soul searching, Heard about about  Cinks self-dq because of the bunker incident and realized that I want to be a bigger man than that, And that thats not what the games about. 

One thing I can tell you as an ex-shaver is that it gets addicting. You Shave a couple of strokes  in your first tournament than you start thinking, How much can I get away with?  And eventually you get caught because you try to shave like 5 strokes and it sucks.

When i played junior golf i would always be suspect of the people who beat me... Did they cheat and what not. But you will see if you play in bug events (state Am's, AJGA events, USGA) the kids that play the best play honest. The best players are the best for a reason and are good enough where you cant shave shots. Its something you have to live with and playing honest is the best way to go.

I've got similar stories to all of you guys. I've played in tournaments where the parent actually helped their kid cheat. One mom always used to walk 200 yards ahead of everyone else and then go "search" for her kid's ball when it went off the fairway. Somehow he always seemed to have a perfect lie with a nice shot to the green 50 yards ahead of where the ball went into the woods...The next time I was playing with the guy, my dad walked with the lady and actually witnessed her pick a ball out of her pocket, drop it down, and call to her son that she had "found" it. My dad called her out on it, and the guy shot 16 shots higher that round than he did the first time I played with him.

I also played with a guy that would constantly move his ball to get a better lie in the rough. I told him that I saw him move his ball and he denied ever touching it. The few times that I went over to the rough to watch his shot and make sure he wasn't moving the ball, he would yell at me to go away. He got DQ'd at the end of the round because an official also saw him move his ball in the rough...

I have witnessed the same. It's sad. I must admit there have been times where I could have cheated. The kids I played with in high school never paid attention and were always too busy either finding their own balls or talking about some random non-sense. College was quite a bit different though and I am glad I never cheated.