2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bobby Petrino

Baller

What A coward!
Some guys have no class. Story goes, Jerry Jones, owner of the Cowboys and Arkansas Alum, calls Auther Blank and informs him that his coach is speaking with Arkansas to be the new Head coach. I asked why would J.J. do this, but whocares really. Mr.Blank calls him into the office and talks with him about the information, and Petrino says yes I have some problems, but if you address them i'll stay. Blanks says I'll address them, Petrino states, if you do I'm still your head coach. Next day without warning, he is seen on ESPN singing the Arkansas 'Go Seuy' hog call! What A joke! Walks out on his team, with three games left, leaves the players a letter on the lockers stating sorry, its been real, but gotta do what best for my family.

Now i understand why they have been playing so bad, they had no respect for him as a coach, beacuse he had no respect for them as men, professionals, and team mates! College coaches can't make the transistion to the leauge because they can't handle the fact of not being able to not control the player with the threat of getting kicked off the team. Players will talk back and voice displeasure for team rules, play calling, decision making, not realizing you are dealing with grown men!

What Arkansas does not realize is that players in the leauge can effect college recruiting. The current Arkansas players are getting the real low down on Petrino's locker room rules and persona right now. This hiring will put Arkansas at the bottom of the SEC for sure.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister used to work in the athletic department at a certain large university in Kentucky that used to employ a certain Mr. Petrino. I heard when he left last year to go to Atlanta nobody shed a tear. Let's just say he wasn't very high on the nice guy list there.

My bet is he doesn't coach a game at Ar-Kansas. Les Miles will bolt for Michigan on January 6th and that night LSU will name Petrino their coach for the National Championship game. If he's lucky enough to win (I hope not since I'm a Buckeye fan...but play along) he will immediately renegotiate his contract with LSU. But before the ink dries the Washington Redskins will sign him to a deal worth twice as much. But of course after a 0-4 start he will draft a nice letter at halftime and...

[quote name='Bobcat43' post='823490' date='Dec 13 2007, 06:53 PM']My sister used to work in the athletic department at a certain large university in Kentucky that used to employ a certain Mr. Petrino. I heard when he left last year to go to Atlanta nobody shed a tear. Let's just say he wasn't very high on the nice guy list there.

My bet is he doesn't coach a game at Ar-Kansas. Les Miles will bolt for Michigan on January 6th and that night LSU will name Petrino their coach for the National Championship game. If he's lucky enough to win (I hope not since I'm a Buckeye fan...but play along) he will immediately renegotiate his contract with LSU. But before the ink dries the Washington Redskins will sign him to a deal worth twice as much. But of course after a 0-4 start he will draft a nice letter at halftime and...[/quote]

Thats pretty funny....
Maybe if somethign happens to Belichick, he can screw up the Pats. Then the Steelers would get a chance. :) hah

[quote name='EJR1023' post='823680' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:21 PM']Thats pretty funny....
Maybe if somethign happens to Belichick, he can screw up the Pats. Then the Steelers would get a chance. :) hah[/quote]

It's been a tough week for us Steeler fans. But we'll see you guys next month, when it really matters.

[quote name='Baller' post='822845' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:46 AM']Some guys have no class. Story goes, Jerry Jones, owner of the Cowboys and Arkansas Alum, calls Auther Blank and informs him that his coach is speaking with Arkansas to be the new Head coach. I asked why would J.J. do this, but whocares really. Mr.Blank calls him into the office and talks with him about the information, and Petrino says yes I have some problems, but if you address them i'll stay. Blanks says I'll address them, Petrino states, if you do I'm still your head coach. Next day without warning, he is seen on ESPN singing the Arkansas 'Go Seuy' hog call! What A joke! Walks out on his team, with three games left, leaves the players a letter on the lockers stating sorry, its been real, but gotta do what best for my family.

Now i understand why they have been playing so bad, they had no respect for him as a coach, beacuse he had no respect for them as men, professionals, and team mates! College coaches can't make the transistion to the leauge because they can't handle the fact of not being able to not control the player with the threat of getting kicked off the team. Players will talk back and voice displeasure for team rules, play calling, decision making, not realizing you are dealing with grown men!

What Arkansas does not realize is that players in the leauge can effect college recruiting. The current Arkansas players are getting the real low down on Petrino's locker room rules and persona right now. This hiring will put Arkansas at the bottom of the SEC for sure.[/quote]

I must admit I feel very much the same way... and

IMO he [u]will[/u] hurt Arkansas more than he will ever help them.

I think the way he left was completely classless. However, I agree with others that long term the Falcons will be better off without him.

I think you are right that the hiring could have an effect on Arkansas recruiting. Jamaal Anderson, who was last year's #1 pick for the Falcons out of Arkansas, has called guys on the team now to tell them about Petrino.

Taylor Made M2 9.5* Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7
Titleist 913H 19* Diamana White Board
Taylor Made P760 4-P X100
Ping Glide 52
Vokey SM5 56 & 60
Cameron IBBF Laguna 2.5

Petrino is a weasel.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

All NFL teams that struggle have growing pains...just look at my Jets. What a horrible season. As for Petrino...some coaches just belong in college. Just ask the Ole Ball Coach at U of S. Carolina how the NFL worked out for him :)

M2 Speeder 63 Tour Spec
Idea Pro 18* and 23*
TaylorMade MC 4-PW
Milled Grind 52* and 58*
Spider Tour Black

[quote name='Bobcat43' post='823490' date='Dec 13 2007, 07:53 PM']My sister used to work in the athletic department at a certain large university in Kentucky that used to employ a certain Mr. Petrino. I heard when he left last year to go to Atlanta nobody shed a tear. Let's just say he wasn't very high on the nice guy list there.

My bet is he doesn't coach a game at Ar-Kansas. Les Miles will bolt for Michigan on January 6th and that night LSU will name Petrino their coach for the National Championship game. If he's lucky enough to win (I hope not since I'm a Buckeye fan...but play along) he will immediately renegotiate his contract with LSU. But before the ink dries the Washington Redskins will sign him to a deal worth twice as much. But of course after a 0-4 start he will draft a nice letter at halftime and...[/quote]

So far your predictions have been wrong in both threads about LSU's next coach. Miles is here to stay.

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

[quote name='Baller' post='838638' date='Dec 27 2007, 03:20 PM']Until Next Football season Starts :busted2:[/quote]

True. We are only going to return 8 starters more than likely. We don't have a spread QB on campus, but have one that changed his commitment to UofA the weekend after the Petrino hire was announced. A four star in state kid rated by Rivals. Funny how ESPN doesn't report that, they only reported on the one star defensive back/cornerback commit that changed to Boston College.

Petrino has a history. Nobody here, including myself is discounting any of that. His players in the ATL wanted him gone, they helped his decision. If Arthur Blank expected Petrino to stay in the ATL, he should have had a buyout in his contract. There was no buyout and the door was wide open from the start.

We all know what happens to college coaches when they test the NFL waters.

What ESPN doesn't tell you is the pay cut he took to get out of the ATL. He forfeited $2 mil a year to come here. They failed to report how he's wanted an SEC job for years now. First Auburn, then LSU. The best conference in America top to bottom is the SEC. Everyone knows that.

Now he has his SEC job and a campus that includes some of the best facilities in the nation, if not the best.

Sure, next year will be rough but don't let the heads on ESPN paint a picture for you. Watch for yourself and form your own opinion.

Besides, if he went anywhere after the 2008 season, it would be career suicide. He'd be lucky to land a job at the high school level if he makes another move in the next two years.

I am not trying to defend him, he has his work cut out for him here. It's not easy to win here unless you schedule all cupcakes for your non conference opponents like Nutt did.

We are much better off with Petrino than we were with Nutt. Take a look at Nutt's conference record and anyone can see that. Factor in Nutt's ultra conservative playcalling, the Mitch Mustain and Gus Malzahn saga and it's easy to see how much better off we will be with Petrino here.

The NFL media on ESPN will whine and moan all they want. The College Football media for ESPN will be knocking down our doors next season trying to get us on TV as much as possible not just for Petrino, but for the other coaches and matchups we'll face in 2008.

It's going to be interesting indeed.

[quote name='BOPPER50' post='835753' date='Dec 24 2007, 11:30 AM'][quote name='Bobcat43' post='823490' date='Dec 13 2007, 07:53 PM']My sister used to work in the athletic department at a certain large university in Kentucky that used to employ a certain Mr. Petrino. I heard when he left last year to go to Atlanta nobody shed a tear. Let's just say he wasn't very high on the nice guy list there.

So far your predictions have been wrong in both threads about LSU's next coach. Miles is here to stay.
[/quote]

Of course the above senario was done tongue and cheek (as I don't think too much of Bobby Petrino). I was surprised to see Rich Rod going to Michigan (I think it's a good deal for OSU).

I'm just glad Miles is staying so your boys won't have any excuses when we hand you your a$$ on your "home field". BTW I'll be wearing #33 in scarlet right behind the LSU bench!

[quote name='Bobcat43' post='838804' date='Dec 27 2007, 05:22 PM']I'm just glad Miles is staying so your boys won't have any excuses when we hand you your a$$ on your "home field". BTW I'll be wearing #33 in scarlet right behind the LSU bench![/quote]

Is that what you told the Florida fans that post here before last year's game?

:busted2:

[quote name='TheBUNKY' post='839116' date='Dec 27 2007, 10:38 PM'][quote name='Bobcat43' post='838804' date='Dec 27 2007, 05:22 PM']I'm just glad Miles is staying so your boys won't have any excuses when we hand you your a$$ on your "home field". BTW I'll be wearing #33 in scarlet right behind the LSU bench![/quote]

:lol:
[/quote]

Yes :busted2: And if they beat us I'll congratulate them just like I did the gators.

How many national championship games has your team gone to? When you win one I'll send my congrats your way.

But until then it's on.

Go Bucks.

[quote name='Bobcat43' post='839138' date='Dec 27 2007, 09:51 PM'][quote name='TheBUNKY' post='839116' date='Dec 27 2007, 10:38 PM'][quote name='Bobcat43' post='838804' date='Dec 27 2007, 05:22 PM']I'm just glad Miles is staying so your boys won't have any excuses when we hand you your a$$ on your "home field". BTW I'll be wearing #33 in scarlet right behind the LSU bench![/quote]

:busted2:
[/quote]

How many national championship games has your team gone to? When you win one I'll send my congrats your way.

[/quote]

Touchy..........nice.

Check that attitude at the gate of the Superdome. Popping off like that to a cajun will getcha messed up. Seriously, if you are married, your wife should take out more life insurance before you head to Nawlin's. It's scary down there.....especially for a LSU game.

Expect to get pee'd on.

Seriously.

Wear neutral colors.

I am not kidding.

For real.

Take some mace.

Ask Mr T to accompany you.

My God have mercy on your sole..........and your soul.

[quote name='TheBUNKY' post='838671' date='Dec 27 2007, 03:45 PM'][quote name='Baller' post='838638' date='Dec 27 2007, 03:20 PM']Until Next Football season Starts :busted2:[/quote]

True. We are only going to return 8 starters more than likely. We don't have a spread QB on campus, but have one that changed his commitment to UofA the weekend after the Petrino hire was announced. A four star in state kid rated by Rivals. Funny how ESPN doesn't report that, they only reported on the one star defensive back/cornerback commit that changed to Boston College.

Petrino has a history. Nobody here, including myself is discounting any of that. His players in the ATL wanted him gone, they helped his decision. If Arthur Blank expected Petrino to stay in the ATL, he should have had a buyout in his contract. There was no buyout and the door was wide open from the start.

[color="#FF0000"][/color] I am sure Mr. Blank and the team expected for him to honor his contract. From a team's perspective what and how he handled that was not the most honorable!

[color="#000000"]We all know what happens to college coaches when they test the NFL waters.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"][/color] That is not true in all cases. I have played for a couple that made the "transistion" quite well

[color="#000000"]What ESPN doesn't tell you is the pay cut he took to get out of the ATL. He forfeited $2 mil a year to come here. They failed to report how he's wanted an SEC job for years now. First Auburn, then LSU. The best conference in America top to bottom is the SEC. Everyone knows that.
Now he has his SEC job and a campus that includes some of the best facilities in the nation, if not the best.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"][/color] This what I am talking about. Don't think for a second because he is coaching in the SEC he'll be ok, the real job he wants is a LSU or Auburn. Arkansas is just something to do until then. On the 2mil pay cut, that was supplimented in the terms of his new deal based upon incentives. Trust me on this one

[color="#000000"]Sure, next year will be rough but don't let the heads on ESPN paint a picture for you. Watch for yourself and form your own opinion.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"][/color] Thanks for the advice, it very noble of you coming from your point of view. Actually, not a big fan of ESPN or the Sports Media in general, but have friends in the league, so my opinions, and/or information are from discussions with them and personal interaction.

The NFL media on ESPN will whine and moan all they want. The College Football media for ESPN will be knocking down our doors next season trying to get us on TV as much as possible not just for Petrino, but for the other coaches and matchups we'll face in 2008.

It's going to be interesting indeed.

[color="#FF0000"]It will all be determined by how well the current team takes to his style of coaching, and how big of a factor the louisville alumni that are playing the league, and current ATL Falcon players decide they want to be; because if they wanted to they could make it pretty bad for him. I have seen and been part of it before. Football is a business on the pro and college level homeboy, its so much more than plopping down on the couch on Saturday/Sunday with a beer and your favorite snack. Trust me![/color][/quote]

[quote name='TheBUNKY' post='839217' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:03 AM'][quote name='Bobcat43' post='839138' date='Dec 27 2007, 09:51 PM'][quote name='TheBUNKY' post='839116' date='Dec 27 2007, 10:38 PM'][quote name='Bobcat43' post='838804' date='Dec 27 2007, 05:22 PM']I'm just glad Miles is staying so your boys won't have any excuses when we hand you your a$$ on your "home field". BTW I'll be wearing #33 in scarlet right behind the LSU bench![/quote]

;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Touchy..........nice.

Check that attitude at the gate of the Superdome. Popping off like that to a cajun will getcha messed up. Seriously, if you are married, your wife should take out more life insurance before you head to Nawlin's. It's scary down there.....especially for a LSU game.

Expect to get pee'd on.

Seriously.

Wear neutral colors.

I am not kidding.

For real.

Take some mace.

Ask Mr T to accompany you.

My God have mercy on your sole..........and your soul.
[/quote]

Well if that's the hopitality one should expect from LSU fans then that says an awful lot (but most likely the vast majority are good folks). But I think I can speak for my Buckeye brothers... we're still coming and we're not scared. But let's just face it New Orleans isn't known for safety anyway. I've been there 8x, but haven't been mugged yet. :busted2:

I know some Buckeye fans aren't known for good behavior either (I'm hoping they stay home). Every fanbase has that element. I'm sure it will be present. But the build up before the game should be a lot of fun. And our victory celebration will be even better! :lol:

But maybe you don't realize how many folks OSU will bring? Now I'm sure we'll be out numbered but I'm also sure we'll bring more then anyone else would. Ask Texas, we travel very well (they were shocked).

[quote name='Baller' post='839453' date='Dec 28 2007, 08:22 AM'][color="#FF0000"] I am sure Mr. Blank and the team expected for him to honor his contract. From a team's perspective what and how he handled that was not the most honorable![/color]

Honor, the ATL, what a novel idea!

I hear Blank is an honorable man. His problem is he listens to the wrong people.

[color="#000000"]We all know what happens to college coaches when they test the NFL waters.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"] That is not true in all cases. I have played for a couple that made the "transistion" quite well[/color]

Cool! Who?

[color="#000000"]What ESPN doesn't tell you is the pay cut he took to get out of the ATL. He forfeited $2 mil a year to come here. They failed to report how he's wanted an SEC job for years now. First Auburn, then LSU. The best conference in America top to bottom is the SEC. Everyone knows that.
Now he has his SEC job and a campus that includes some of the best facilities in the nation, if not the best.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]This what I am talking about. Don't think for a second because he is coaching in the SEC he'll be ok, the real job he wants is a LSU or Auburn. Arkansas is just something to do until then. On the 2mil pay cut, that was supplimented in the terms of his new deal based upon incentives. Trust me on this one [/color]

Depending on whom you ask, Tuberville was on our list. The 6 mil buyout at AUB was the snag. Don't think he's going anywhere for a while. LSU has also stated they'll make Les the highest paid coach in the nation if they take care of business next week. Similar to what they did with Saban.

[color="#000000"]Sure, next year will be rough but don't let the heads on ESPN paint a picture for you. Watch for yourself and form your own opinion.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"] Thanks for the advice, it very noble of you coming from your point of view. Actually, not a big fan of ESPN or the Sports Media in general, but have friends in the league, so my opinions, and/or information are from discussions with them and personal interaction. [/color]

That makes two of us.

[color="#FF0000"]It will all be determined by how well the current team takes to his style of coaching, and how big of a factor the louisville alumni that are playing the league, and current ATL Falcon players decide they want to be; because if they wanted to they could make it pretty bad for him. I have seen and been part of it before. Football is a business on the pro and college level homeboy, its so much more than plopping down on the couch on Saturday/Sunday with a beer and your favorite snack. Trust me![/color]

Oh so true. Too many don't realize this. It was widely publicized that this would be a smear campaign for Petrino if he left the ATL. The E-SPiN NFL guys are doing their best job for Blank/Home Depot, a huge contributor to ESPN.[/quote]

Meanwhile, RichRod is doing his best to take the focus off of the Petrino hire by rocking the boat back at WVU. [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3170410"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3170410[/url]

[quote name='pinseeker' post='842213' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:32 PM']I hope the Giants dump Tom Coughlin - he can go to the Falcons.[/quote]

As a Falcons fan originally from the Atlanta area, please no.

The best thing for the Falcons now that we lost Vick, Petrino and now Parcels is to try to get Cohwer, draft Woodson, Ryan, or Brohm (all of whom are good prospects in my eyes) and nab a decent RB in the second round.