2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

What is the deal on Tigerade?

longhorn

...Nice Advertising for Mona Vie

Gatorade must not be that bad, seeing as a ton of athletes use it, and yes money may be a part of it, but if they really thought something else was more beneficial, they would use it

What we buy at wal-mart is not what the athletes drink, they drink Gatorade Endurance formula= more electrolytes, plus calcium and magnesium . I have some Gatorade Endurance Formula and does not taste as good as Gatorade.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gatorade must not be that bad, seeing as a ton of athletes use it, and yes money may be a part of it, but if they really thought something else was more beneficial, they would use it

Personally, it is more sugar than I want to drink and there are better sources for electrolytes. Gatorade tastes no better then a glass of water mixed with sugar and salt which you nor I would be willing to drink. Money makes the world go round and Gatorade is always going to be more marketable than water because H2O is boring and people are so starved for taste and flavor they would drink anything. Now why Tiger signed on with Gatorade is not for us to speculate on but I would like think it was for the Money to use towards his foundation which in my mind is ultimately commedable. If he had any say in it as we all believe he may have, the sugar and calorie content are as low as possible. Gatorade also makes Propel Fitness water which is a much better product and if I was to use a bottled product to replenish myself I would take only 10 Calories and no sugar.

MONA VIE has only been on the market 2 years and I as well as many other top level athletes from all major sports are already been using MV so there is something better out there that produces a natural fruit based energy that replenishes the mind and body with out the sugar and 20 calories that improves ones health through the highest amounts of Anti-Oxidents you will ever get from 1 single product from a daily serving of 4oz. It will not be much longer before MONA VIE becomes as well known as Gatorade.

It has changed my life for the better and the whole reason why I became a distributor and I feel obligated to let my fellow members aware that there is a better alternative to getting and staying healthier. This is just my opinion.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Soooo many people drink gatorade when they should just be drinking water. Yes I think many of the flavors taste great and so does tonic. Electrolytes are great too, but the amount of electrolytes in a 20oz gatorade for me at least is unecessary for a round of golf. If I were running a marathon or playing basketball for an extensive period then its good. Golfers do not work up enough of a sweat to create enough of an electrolyte deficiency. There is enough salt in the food served on most golf courses I play Not that I don't drink gatorade, but if you think it must be something special because so many athletes use it then think again. Unless you are doing par5 550yard sprints for a couple hours on the golf course, all you are really getting from that gatorade is a tasty refreshment.

Personally, it is more sugar than I want to drink and there are better sources for electrolytes. Gatorade tastes no better then a glass of water mixed with sugar and salt which you nor I would be willing to drink. Money makes the world go round and Gatorade is always going to be more marketable than water because H2O is boring and people are so starved for taste and flavor they would drink anything. Now why Tiger signed on with Gatorade is not for us to speculate on but I would like think it was for the Money to use towards his foundation which in my mind is ultimately commedable. If he had any say in it as we all believe he may have, the sugar and calorie content are as low as possible. Gatorade also makes Propel Fitness water which is a much better product and if I was to use a bottled product to replenish myself I would take only 10 Calories and no sugar.

MONA VIE has only been on the market 2 years and I as well as many other top level athletes from all major sports are already been using MV so there is something better out there that produces a natural fruit based energy that replenishes the mind and body with out the sugar and 20 calories that improves ones health through the highest amounts of Anti-Oxidents you will ever get from 1 single product from a daily serving of 4oz. It will not be much longer before MONA VIE becomes as well known as Gatorade.

It has changed my life for the better and the whole reason why I became a distributor and I feel obligated to let my fellow members aware that there is a better alternative to getting and staying healthier. This is just my opinion.

A quite search show that it's "Business Model" is basically a "legal" pyramid scheme.....

(that raises eyebrows)

The business model

As I said earlier I pretty much assume all MLM distribution models are scams until proven otherwise. So, I went on the Mona Vie site to see what the business side was all about. Ultimately, the question for any MLM/Pyramid scheme is whether or not the distributors can expect to make any money on the sale of the product, or are they simply exptected to recruit more people who will recruit more people, and maybe some juice will be sold along the way?

According to the business brochure from Mona Vie, the ways that you make money are:

1. Direct sales: you purchase at wholesale, and sell at retail for about a 15% markup, but given the cost of the bottles, if you have some regular customers you can make a bit of money this way. Of course, if someone becomes a regular drinker, wouldn't you encourage them to become a distributor in your "downline?"

2. Bulk order bonus: If you have at least 200 PV, each time someone you've sponsored orders a bulk order you get paid. Good deal.

3. First Order Bonus: Qualified Distributors with at least 200 PV earn a one time bonus for bringing new distributors under you. I don't know what a PV is, but this part sounds distinctly like a pyramid scheme.

4. Star Maker Bonus: for Qualified Distributors with at least 200 PV, each time someone you sponsor makes the rank of "star" you earn $40. Again, money for recruiting, not selling juice.

5. Team Commissions: This part is in all caps. It says that the "TEAM COMMISSIONS ARE THE FUNDAMENTAL BUILDING BLOCK OF THE MONAVIE COMPENSATION PLAN." Then it goes on to explain how the team commissions work:

"The team commissions portion of our plan is binary. Binary means tha tyou will be placed in one of two legs (right or left) in your sponsor's organization. You will then be compensated based on successfully building two legs of your own. Your sponsor (or anyone else in your upline) may also place poeple in your organization. As your group begins to grow, you are entitled to team commissions based on the total volume generated in your lesser leg."

Huh?

6. Executive Check Match: From here, it sounds like the money can start to get pretty good. I don't know how many people make it to the executive level , but I'm guessing it's pretty tough.

7. Leadership Pools: They have reserved 1% of total company GV for the elite group of Monavie Blue Diamonds. Sorry, don't know what this means.

8. Multiple Business Centers: This is a point at which you are making lots of money. But like any pyramid scheme, does anyone other than the founders make it to this level?

Then at the end it has pictures of private jets and exclusive chateaus.

If you like the product great! But be aware of a that the precise amount of acai berry in each serving is not disclosed.

From some quick searches I was able to find.

The drink is not made up of 100% freeze dried Açai. They use a blend of Açai puree and freeze dried Açai

I have yet to see any documented product information as far as nutritional breaksdown...

Again the berry itself has merit, but I question why they will not disclose the actual amount of berry that is in their product.

But hey, whatever works.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

how much sugar in it?

More sugar than any human should be consuming at one time!

You want energy and stamina, improve your diet, get 8 hours of sleep and exercise.

Add Fruits, vegatables, nuts, grains, spices to your life.

Thanfully I have the worlds most prolific product in my corner.

Thank You MONA VIE.

I don't mean to get off topic but last year I started taking Mona Vie. It is amazing how much this stuff improves your quality of life!!! Too bad it is so expensive.

I got some Tigerade from Sam's 2 weeks ago... I can't tell any difference really, it still has way too much sugar in it for me. I saw several pro golfers drinking Amino Vital in Memphis last summer.

HBEAR,

First off, a "Pyramid Scheme" has no product and there is no such thing a free market pyramid business plan simply because they are illegal and I would not lend myself to any scheme that puts the livelyhood of my family in danger. Please do not speculate about a product or business you have no experiance with, if you want a nutritional breakdown and I will be happy to provide it. Mona Vie is 70% Pure Acai that is freeze dried right off the palm and blended with 18 other wild fruits providing a ORAC score intake of 5800. I will discuss business plans all you want but please do not try to portray me as person who is attempting to take advantage of others, I am offended highly that you would be sold bold to do such a thing without a clue as to who I am. It is impossible to scam or steal money from those who join in, I nor anyone else that is a part of MV has control over another distribution center or there involvment, the only thing on does get is volume that is generated from product moved by those in your downline. I have no need to actively persue new enrollments, I have sold bottles to those whom showed interest and if they wanted to enroll on their I haven't the power to stop or them whether I wanted tehm to or not and yes, through those enrollements I have generated an extra $150 a week with very litte effort in just a few months. You have no experiance with the MV product or business plan and just because you happen to browse thru the 8 ways of generating income how do feel that makes you an expert? I ask you kindly to toss the BS aside and refrain from trying to slander me. The product absolutly works and I dare you to paint MV as a farse because you will not be able to. I mentioned merely what is working for me and many of my freinds and family not to mention a large number of elite athletes and if you feel the need to attack or judge me, please DON'T!

Call me anytime and speak to me verbally because fueding through a community forum is not the place to air your disputation of something I believe in and you have no knwoledge of. PM me if you want to talk and I will provide my number to reach me, I have not disrespected you so act as big as you talk and call me. I will have no need to argue with you and you may be pleased to hear what I have to say whether you agree or not.

I respect your opinion because I have heard it before from my own wife! It is nothing new and merely the nature of our beast to question that of which we do not know. If you allow me to, I will explain why I started using MONA VIE and how it has helped me.

Take Care

Aaron Morris

(The Boom Bapp)

Titleist Prov1x

HBEAR,

First off, a "Pyramid Scheme" has no product and there is no such thing a free market pyramid business plan simply because they are illegal and I would not lend myself to any scheme that puts the livelyhood of my family in danger. Please do not speculate about a product or business you have no experiance with, if you want a nutritional breakdown and I will be happy to provide it. Mona Vie is 70% Pure Acai that is freeze dried right off the palm and blended with 18 other wild fruits providing a ORAC score intake of 5800. I will discuss business plans all you want but please do not try to portray me as person who is attempting to take advantage of others, I am offended highly that you would be sold bold to do such a thing without a clue as to who I am. It is impossible to scam or steal money from those who join in, I nor anyone else that is a part of MV has control over another distribution center or there involvment, the only thing on does get is volume that is generated from product moved by those in your downline. I have no need to actively persue new enrollments, I have sold bottles to those whom showed interest and if they wanted to enroll on their I haven't the power to stop or them whether I wanted tehm to or not and yes, through those enrollements I have generated an extra $150 a week with very litte effort in just a few months. You have no experiance with the MV product or business plan and just because you happen to browse thru the 8 ways of generating income how do feel that makes you an expert? I ask you kindly to toss the BS aside and refrain from trying to slander me. The product absolutly works and I dare you to paint MV as a farse because you will not be able to. I mentioned merely what is working for me and many of my freinds and family not to mention a large number of elite athletes and if you feel the need to attack or judge me, please DON'T!

Call me anytime and speak to me verbally because fueding through a community forum is not the place to air your disputation of something I believe in and you have no knwoledge of. PM me if you want to talk and I will provide my number to reach me, I have not disrespected you so act as big as you talk and call me. I will have no need to argue with you and you may be pleased to hear what I have to say whether you agree or not.

I respect your opinion because I have heard it before from my own wife! It is nothing new and merely the nature of our beast to question that of which we do not know. If you allow me to, I will explain why I started using MONA VIE and how it has helped me.

Take Care

Aaron Morris

(The Boom Bapp)

My post was not intended to "attack" you by any means. If you feel like you were, I apologize as that was not my intent.

My intent however was to educate and let people themsleves decide if a product has merit.

I may not be involved "on the inside of Mona Vie" but my basic business knowledge and the description on Mova Vie (FROM MONA VIE ITSELF) raises some eyebrows.....

In my mind if a product has merit to stand on it's own....why the need for MLM? Why not just ditribute into the stores (like any other product) and let the chips fall? I question that. ALL this info is on the website! ALL this info in their "info packages".....

I don't know how I'm misunderstanding anything. The premis on how this product is to be distributed is pretty cut and dry.

As for the merit of the acia berry, it has been document to have benefit. No doubt. How much one can infer from that is questionable. Is it "superior" to eating a recommeded amount of FRESH fruit and vegetables? Or other more widely avaiable sources for anti-oxidents? I have yet to see ANY third party independent research that says so.

As well, from my understanding there still is NO THIRD PARTY INDEPENDENT testing of the product to actually determine it's content.

You have mentioned "numbers" you have.....yet I wonder why this information in NOT ON THE MONA VIE website!

If a company is promoting Acia Berry as it's primary ingredient, and marketing their product based on this "super food."

I question why this information IS NOT all over the website/info packages and the like.....

To me that raises eyebrows. A company that hides behind "proprietary formula" so they don't disclose the actual amount of Acia in each serving, raises eyebrows!

And if this product is all about the acia berry....I'm wondering why somebody would go to a "juice blend of acia" vs. getting it in it's 100% pure freeze dried form. Oddly enough the 100% form is also cheaper?

Again no offense, and this is not an attack on you.

Just seems very odd to me...........

But as I said in my previous post, if it works for you great!

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

I appreciate your opinion on the subject HBear,

Mona Vie does not distribute through national chains simply because the founders of Mona Vie intended for its distributors to spread the word through relationship marketing just as you would if you found a great restaurant and wanted to tell you friends about it so they could go and experience it for themselves giving them the choice to do the same. Their desire was to have MONA VIE dispersed worldwide from person to person while giving incentives to help those who chose to enroll, an avenue to improve themselves physically, financially, a individually with just $39. This opportunity was 5 years in the making before the first bottle was ever moved out starting in 2005 but the product had to be scrutinized and ripped apart top to bottom through science and medical studies to prove beyond a doubt that the product that we wanted to offer the world was not just a claim of health used as a shield to hide a scam or a scheme, All involved in the introduction and inception of the product used this as catalyst to project a product of truth, honesty, commitment, hope, and prosperity and they have done so. Since 2005, MONA VIE has enrolled 850,000+ distributors and is the fastest growing debt-free, free-market, Relationship marketing based business in US history and the fastest to reach the $1 billion dollar mark. $500 million + donations have gone the MORE Project. That is MONUMENTAL.

More than half of all proceeds and sales of Mona Vie thru its distributors are used to benefit the poor, and impoverished children of Brazil and the world that are sadly discarded as if they were trash. I joined MONA VIE twice, once when I consumed the product and again when I read all about the business plan and realized that I was not doing this for myself. I am a very proud man and pride myself on giving everyone and everything a chance and this is the only Free Market business I have ever joined and I did so 48 hours after I felt 10 years of my heath issues had left me. I thought it was a SCAM just as you did but I gave it a chance and read all about the product and talked with many distributors. I actually played golf with another member of GWRX who introduced me to MONA VIE thanks (rfs55044 a.k.a Rob) that initially sparked my interest. I am a health nut and I know all about the shortcomings of US produce, my wife is in the Biotech field and she filled me with some stories about the food we eat that would drive a person to be sick. MV is a means in which I can provide myself, and my family a superior whole food that is second to none that helps me and others improve the body, mind, and spirit. Just by reading about the MORE project and knowing all that the creation of MONA VIE was intended for was enough for me to enroll. I am happy knowing that I have a part in changing lives of many and doing my part to help is very satisfying, when it comes to kids, I can become an emotional wreck rather quickly especially when I know I can do nothing to help. I don't feel that way anymore.

The process in which Mona Vie is created was patented by MV's founders for the use by MONA VIE Inc. Only we harvest and process all our own wild fruits ourselves and look to no one to provide the ACAI for us, SAMBAZON is the leading exporter of ACAI and our process has been proven side by side to be twice as powerful as their methods which is why the MONA VIE acai is the purest form of ACAI maintaining an efficacy rate of 99.97%, The process to bottle the ACAI and the additional 18 fruits that are included is a next generation process that encapsulates the entire nutritional makeup of the berry making 200 to 750 times better than wine, any fruit or vegetable combination and boast the highest ORAC score ever found on this planet to date on gram for gram basis. Our recommended daily intake of fruit used to be 3 to 5 fruits a day specified by the WHO/FDA, but, only 15% of all our US citizens consumed. That number has since raised asking that 95% of our citizens consume 7 to 9 fruit to get an overall daily anti-oxidant intake of 5000 ORAC units. 4 oz of MONA VIE a day provides 5800 ORAC units and is absorbed by the body 100% giving a 100% fruit based product providing 50,000 thousand different types of Phytonutriants, phytosterols, phenols, vitamins, nutrients, good LDL fats, and 20 calorie intake.

HBEAR, I would be happy to provide you some tangible infromation and point you to many sites that could help you get a better grasp of the MONA VIE product and its intention and I understand your position as I was once feeling the same way you do right now. I don't care to get you interested in the business side; I have plenty of money and my main focus is to get MONA VIE into the hands of people that could benefit from this product so they may share it with others as well.

I would be happy to talk to any of you that have questions about Mona Vie in person; all that I ask is that you not judge me unfairly because I believe in something wholeheartedly that I know works for me and thousands of countless others. I am no criminal and I cannot be faulted because I choose to improve my life through a different means than you. This is not about being better, it is about being educated and accepting enough to change the way we view our diets and habits and the bottom line is, it works wonders for me and I will use it for the rest of my life. So, I will ask kindly, that we move on with the post and its topic of discussion.

Mona Vie is currently distributed in CANADA, USA, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Japan, and Brazil. We will be reaching Europe soon.

MOna vie REscue project

I invite you all to visit CLICK HERE - Mona Vie on the Move.

My Site By the way, meet my family.

Thanks for listening guys and gals, please feel free to contact me for any ?'s. (PM for contact info)

Titleist Prov1x

What we buy at wal-mart is not what the athletes drink, they drink Gatorade Endurance formula= more electrolytes, plus calcium and magnesium . I have some Gatorade Endurance Formula and does not taste as good as Gatorade.

You can buy endurance formula at any retail store here. I disagree with you on the taste. Endurance is much much better. Not near as much sugar and the syrup is not as thick. Endurance formula doesn't make you more thirsty like regular Gatorade

• 2 weeks later...

after he did the deal with gatorade he was drinking gatorade even at events where it wasnt offered, so you most definitely wont see him drinking anything else for quite a while

I've tried Red Drive and I like it. It tastes a little more watered down, which is what I like, I feel some of the other regular flavors are too strong.

I hate to be this way but I doubt seriously that Tiger had a thing to do with picking out the flavors or the taste of the junk

It could taste like crap for a hundred mill do you think he would care.

Again its just my opinion.

Nope, he picked them. I heard he tasted a ton of flavors and picked the ones he wanted. He suggested ideas for flavors and they mixed them up and he picked the good ones.

The Red Tigerade tastes like watered down friut punch Kool aid

The grape tastes like the Fierce Grape Gatorade, just slightly slightly watered down (Best of the three)

The Citrus one is Gatorade Lemonade and Lemon-Lime mixed together

The grape is the best of the three, followed by the red then the Citrus. When i drink it i just wanna go hit balls and marry a swedish model/nanny!

(I could have walked to the garage and gotten the names but thats too far)

TM R9 SuperTri TP 8.5° FujiMotoreF1-S
Ping Isi 3W 15°
Adams Super 17° Voodooo S
Ping i20 4-PW CFS-X
TM TP-Y 52°, Nike Vr 56° 60°
Yes! Madison 34" SS Flatso

CNBC Taste Review:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23242135

Tuesday, 19 Feb 2008

Taste Preview: Gatorade Tiger

Posted By:Darren Rovell

In October, Gatorade agreed to, for the first time ever, license an athlete's name for a product and give that athlete a percentage of product sales. That athlete was Tiger Woods and we projected that Woods would make more than $11 million in royalties from March 2008 to March 2009.

More than 75 percent of my blog readers in the poll said that they would at least try Gatorade Tiger -- but Woods' ability to make money off the deal would not only be dependent on Tiger's endorsability, but on the ingenuity of the flavors. If they are recycled flavors, then sales won't do as well.

So this weekend, I went to my trusty supermarket -- which I know gets new Gatorade products first as a result of my searching while writing a book on Gatorade's history -- and bought the three Tiger flavors that were available: Quiet Storm (purple), Red Drive (red) and Cool Fusion (green).

First, let's talk about the names.

The only name I'm a fan of is Red Drive. It says to me: "Tiger Woods." Cool Fusion and Quiet Storm sound like part of the Gatorade Frost line (Riptide Rush and Glacier Freeze are the only ones left.) I can't believe the green flavor doesn't have the word green in it -- considering it's a natural golf term.

Now, let's talk about the formula since the bottle says it was "formulated for Tiger Woods." It's not surprisingly pretty close to the formula of everyday Gatorade. It has the same amount of calories per serving (50), slightly more sodium (135 mg vs. 110 mg) and potassium (40 mg vs. 30) and the same amount of carbohydrates (14g of sugar).

Now let's talk about the flavors. To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked about the flavors. Has Gatorade really run out of them?

Quiet Storm was the most disappointing. It tastes so close to new G2 Grape that I'm not sure Gatorade employees would be able to tell the difference. I give this flavor a C.

Red Drive is a combination of cherry and citrus flavors. I think the people at Gatorade are obsessed with mixing ever since the X-Factor sub-brand did so well. I kind of wish they would have just stuck with cherry. It would have made the flavor sharper and less mysterious. I give this flavor a B.

Cool Fusion tastes a lot like Gatorade's other lime products, but the idea of half key lime, half Gatorade communicated on the label is a good one. I give this flavor an A-.

If I were Tiger, I would insist that the flavors are unique because ultimately it will reflect on my ability to make money here.

Yes, Gatorade has done a ton of flavors in the last 10 years, but Tiger should remind them that there are plenty of flavors that they've yet to touch. How about a flavor called Tiger Zen that would be green tea flavor? How about honoring Tiger's heritage with a flavor of fruit that is native to his mother's Thailand? Durian, Mangosteen, Pomelo and Rambutan ring a bell.

Then there's the flavors that I don't believe we've ever seen here in America: Cantelope, Acai Berry, Plum, Pear, Pineapple and Banana.

I do believe that Gatorade Tiger has some good potential, but that potential won't be realized if Gatorade flavor scientists rely on Tiger's name, instead of dreaming up unique flavors to associate with the world's greatest golfer.

• 1 year later...

if you're sweating enough while golfing that you're worried about replacing electrolytes, you're doing it wrong

really, golfing is not nearly strenuous enough to warrant a special athletic beverage

plain old water is fine, any of this gatorade/purple drink/whatever else, it just empty un-needed calories

maybe have a sensible snack at the turn, but electrolyte replacement is only needed for activities much more strenuous than golf (like running a marathon)

drinking a gatorade is just like drinking a coke

if you're sweating enough while golfing that you're worried about replacing electrolytes, you're doing it wrong

really, golfing is not nearly strenuous enough to warrant a special athletic beverage

plain old water is fine, any of this gatorade/purple drink/whatever else, it just empty un-needed calories

maybe have a sensible snack at the turn, but electrolyte replacement is only needed for activities much more strenuous than golf (like running a marathon)

drinking a gatorade is just like drinking a coke

Not a walker are you?

I appreciate your comments as I tend to stick to water most of the time because Gatorade makes me thirstier....but when I walk on hot days I sweat like crazy!!! Maybe it's the Appalachian terrain, but it can certainly be a strenuous activity. Not particularly the golf, but climbing some of these hills really gets the heart rate going!

I'm certainly a walker, I never ride if I can avoid it

but I'm also a runner (an activity that for me, produces much more perspiration than golfing)

the amount of stuff you sweat out golfing is much less than if you were doing something more active like playing basketball or running

the gatorade or whatever sport drink certainly isn't going to harm you, but it's not as if we need electrolyte replacement beverages to prevent cramping while golfing

even for runners, you don't really start to need a sports beverage (vs water) till you're going for at least 45 minutes straight

the marketing they all do sure makes us all think we need gatorade because we're going to go walk 4 miles, but it's not really necessary

I would agree with you that gatorade makes you thirstier, I actually often water down my gatorade when I drink it down to about half strength, it seems to work better for me dilluted a bit