2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Myrtle Beach Tip

pingjas

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played World Tour and it is really expensive...but I tell people all the time that it is worth playing at least once. It is neat if you are a fan of the big courses like Augusta and St. Andrews and you actually notice the hole each one is based on...like #1 from St. Andrews. It is great quality and worth playing at least once...especially if you do not get to Myrtle too often.

FYI, courses here arreate and treat their greens in March, so I would call the courses that you are cinsidering playing. The arreation schedule may decide where you play for you. My course is arreating in the first week of March and it takes a week and a half to 2 weeks for them to really grow back 100%. So call them all first and avoid those arreating while you are there.

World Tour is pretty steep, but the people, the course, the experience are all 5+ times worth the price.

Range balls are free, free credentials badge (pewter, not some cheap thing), food in the grill room was great. Overall it was the best track, but it was not just the best experience of the week because it was the best track. But because the people there made it the best experience. Also if you hate bermuda, this was the first place we found down there that didn't have it. I notched a pretty solid round from the tips, if your a better player it is a very challenging yet rewarding course. I would recommend playing the course that starts with hole 1 being St. Andrews #1 and hole 10 being #18 from wingfoot. It kind of made me see how Phil ate it, that hole was a monster.

Only thing I did not like was that they had a hole in one company that sat on the hole that replicates #17 at Sawgrass and was taking bets. I found that kind of cheesy.

Overall, PLAY IT. When we parked the lot was packed, range and putting green were very busy............

WE DIDNT SEE A SOUL ON THE COURSE! You knew they were there, the starters just did that great of organizing it that way. Really made it feel like your experience was your groups and you werent sharing it with the group in front of, nor behind you.

My buddies and I are going down there March 8-15th. We booked Burning Ridge, Black Bear, and Indian Wells for the 10th, 11th, and 12th of March. For Thursday the 13th, we were looking at playing one really nice club like Caledonia or Grand Dunes.

Ive heard the World Tour is expensive but worth playing once.

If you dont mind travelling to the Pawley's Island area to play Caladonia you might think of either True Blue or Heritage Club they are in the immediate Caladonia area and equally as nice , but Grand Dunes is also very nice .. you cant go wrong with either of them , also if cost isnt a object give Dunes Club or Tidewater a look also

My buddies and I are going down there March 8-15th. We booked Burning Ridge, Arrowhead CC, and Indian Wells for the 10th, 11th, and 12th of March. For Thursday the 13th, we were looking at playing one really nice club like Caledonia or Grand Dunes.

If you dont mind travelling to the Pawley's Island area to play Caladonia you might think of either True Blue or Heritage Club they are in the immediate Caladonia area and equally as nice , but Grand Dunes is also very nice .. you cant go wrong with either of them , also if cost isnt a object give Dunes Club or Tidewater a look also

Well I checked rates today for Caledonia and it looks like its $143 per person for the three of us. I dont know if I can justify that since I could play at two more nice courses for the same amount. We might end up playing the Wizard (which looks cool with the old Scottish style Castle) or Man-o-war and then book Prestwick as I have heard good things about both.

My buddies and I are going down there March 8-15th. We booked Burning Ridge, Arrowhead CC, and Indian Wells for the 10th, 11th, and 12th of March. For Thursday the 13th, we were looking at playing one really nice club like Caledonia or Grand Dunes.

Well I checked rates today for Caledonia and it looks like its $143 per person for the three of us. I dont know if I can justify that since I could play at two more nice courses for the same amount. We might end up playing the Wizard (which looks cool with the old Scottish style Castle) or Man-o-war and then book Prestwick as I have heard good things about both.

I think you might like Prestwick , it was a CC until a few years ago , Man O War has water on most of the holes and the Wizard i thought was nice also ... by the way Man O War and Wizard are basicly right next to each other and relativly easy to access off of route 501 , also other courses in that immediate area include Arrowhead which is a Raymond Floyd design, Wild Wing Avocet which is excellent and Myrtle Beach National which has multiple courses to choose from and River Oaks that is usually only in fair to moderate condition but is inexpensive and usually has specials running another lower priced courses are at Myrtlewood which has 2 courses and within 15 minutes at most from Ocean Blvd near the Airport

The Wizard and Man O War are very fun courses and amazing quality considering the price. I like Wizard better only because it is a little more open and forgiving and because the Man O War water is so terribly low due to the drought here. The water at both courses is ugly-low, but water comes into play on almost every hole at Man O War. Definately worth the play though!