2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

not sure where to post it, but i want people to see it

mactecgolf

so i put it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uq1_s5-NU

a video of my golf swing with my driver

just wondering if anyone sees anything that i dont, i play to a 3 handicap, and all i can see is that im steep, and i bring it alittle outside on my backswing, but i put it back in the slot on the downswing

so any opinions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you do take the club outside straight from the start, but you tend to set it fine at the top. My concern is that you have a flying right elbow at the top. If your hips get out in front of you, I can see that swing getting pretty wild. If your right elbow was tucked more, it would be much easier for you to deliver the club back through the slot.

Contact seems to be good and a solid follow through. That one minor thing is all I would be concerned with.

Also, I really hope you have an X flex in that shaft. If not, the NV can't handle that type of load that your swing puts on it. It is WAY too whippy.

I'm no expert but I don't see a major flying elbow. My main concern would be your "early extension" or standing up at impact. Seems you thrust the hips towards the ball. Look at your tush line and you'll see how much your tush moves closer to the ball and how much spine angle is lost at impact. I wish I could offer up advice but I suffer from the same issue and still searching for an answer.

hahah the NV is gone i was having alot of trouble with it went to a speeder and never looked back

never noticed the elbow though. i guess thats a result of the steepness? and yeah when my hips get out alittle, its def a FORE right.

With as much play as the NV gets on tour i would not call it whippy by any means. Also what is funny is the NV and the Speeder are more or less the EXACT same shaft.

First id say im not a fan of this type of action

1) set up hands prefer a little higher and stand a little taller

2) right elbow should stay low as the arms rotate more around your body this will then cause the upper body to lower slightly and you will then be more loaded in to your right side

3) rotational pivot in the transition will take care of the rest

You posted the same topic twice.

Here's my quick observation from the other thread

"You're practically standing up at impact.

That may be ok for a driver swing but such a large change in spine angle is usually no good for crisp iron ball striking with good compression unless you're drastically shifting your weight. "

I agree with Mizuno67 on the issue of posture

I would love to see you not be so bent at the spine and your hands a higher at address forming a straighter line and not so much of and L (the reason you take it outside and have to correct it)

I am not however concerned about your elbow but would like to see you get your weight off your heels at address.

Last but not least I would slow down the back swing at least to one speed. You start back at one speed and shift gears and go faster.

I keep preaching it all over this forum posture and address position dictate so much of how we swing the club.

By the way I just switched to a speeder shaft as well lowered my ball flight some. Good luck

I agree with Ken on this one. Our set-up is absolutely CRUCIAL in the golf swing. I've seen many golfers that you could correct their address position and see immediate changes for the better in the swing simply by improving their set-up.

To the OP, I would listen to Ken on this one. I just made a similar change in my posture (although I was more towards my toes), but the main thing I notice is the weight towards your heels and a 'concave' lower back. If you watch footage of the pros, you will see most have a flat lower back and are centered over the feet. A good thought to correct your lower back would be putting your tail bone between your legs. You feel a bit crunched at first (as I did), but I believe you feel better in balance. Your swing will feel much more in front of you and controllable as opposed to the feeling of it being out away from you.

Good luck

I agree with Mizuno67 on the issue of posture

I would love to see you not be so bent at the spine and your hands a higher at address forming a straighter line and not so much of and L (the reason you take it outside and have to correct it)

I am not however concerned about your elbow but would like to see you get your weight off your heels at address.

Last but not least I would slow down the back swing at least to one speed. You start back at one speed and shift gears and go faster.

I keep preaching it all over this forum posture and address position dictate so much of how we swing the club.

By the way I just switched to a speeder shaft as well lowered my ball flight some. Good luck

I agree with Ken on this one. Our set-up is absolutely CRUCIAL in the golf swing. I've seen many golfers that you could correct their address position and see immediate changes for the better in the swing simply by improving their set-up.

To the OP, I would listen to Ken on this one. I just made a similar change in my posture (although I was more towards my toes), but the main thing I notice is the weight towards your heels and a 'concave' lower back. If you watch footage of the pros, you will see most have a flat lower back and are centered over the feet. A good thought to correct your lower back would be putting your tail bone between your legs. You feel a bit crunched at first (as I did), but I believe you feel better in balance. Your swing will feel much more in front of you and controllable as opposed to the feeling of it being out away from you.

Good luck

can one of you get a picture or video of this correct posture? to my eye it doesnt look that bad, but im new to golf.

thanks guys, id like to make sure i have the best posture possible + im sure it would help the OP out as well.

can one of you get a picture or video of this correct posture? to my eye it doesnt look that bad, but im new to golf.

thanks guys, id like to make sure i have the best posture possible + im sure it would help the OP out as well.

I'm sure you could look at many pro's address positions and find a great lower back. Here are two examples - it's difficult to find a pro with a concave back, but I think I ran into one the other day.

I couldn't find a picture of Heath Slocum at address - but if you watch this

and look at 5:27 it's a great view of his address position. It's not overly excessive, just an example of a concave back. (You can see how his tail end sticks out a bit)

As opposed to what a flat back looks like:

Tiger

Tiger.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, it may seem small but it makes a big difference as to how you feel and swing the club. You feel more compact and in control rather than being set way back on your heels and feel like your swinging outside of your body. Hope this helps.

One thing I did notice was your pelvic pivot moved towards the ball on the down swing. Imagine you're swinging up against a wall and your tush is touching it......well on the down swing your tush moves forward and away from the wall.......that will defenitely not help with consistency. Your spine angle at setup is nice....but at impact it's very vertical and that happens because of your pivot thrust....your body has to compensate for the move which makes you loose your spine angle through the hitting area.

If you look at the pros you'll notice they keep the same spine angle and same pivot through the whole swing until they fully release the club.....

Checkout this link to see what I mean......ignore the fact that he calls it "Hogan's power move".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uq1_s5-NU

a video of my golf swing with my driver

just wondering if anyone sees anything that i dont, i play to a 3 handicap, and all i can see is that im steep, and i bring it alittle outside on my backswing, but i put it back in the slot on the downswing

so any opinions?