2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Cameron Champions Choice 2023 vs 2022...

cohenfive

I sold one of my more valuable putters, am thinking about getting one of the Cameron Champions Choice....I know the subtle differences between the 2023 and 2022 Cameron putters, but I'm wondering if there is or should be any value difference between the two. I'm in touch with a seller of a 2022 model that is probably about $100 cheaper than the new one. Wondering if the new ones should stay more valuable, or are there more of them around at this point. Thanks

The new one's are the "+" models (wider sole).  There are a ton of them for sale right now and I've seen many going for cost or even slightly less (about 750.00 with tax).  I saw one for sale the other day for 699.00.  They didn't turn out to be the cash cow the flippers were hoping for but once the market flattens out they may hold a bit more value down the road.  Most of the 2022 models I've seen for sale are going for more $$ than the new version.  The T22's seem to be valued a little bit higher than both of the BB's.

• Like 1

I bought a 2023 Newport 2+ to game, been using for a few weeks. It took me a minute to get used to the wider body but I’ll be honest now I think it would tough to go back. You still get that classic look and to me it feels so much more naturally square at address and when you don’t hit it dead center you’ll get better results. I think there’s a lot of haters that just want to be trendy and knock it but they also probably average 38 putts a round. The only knocks I would have are the grip, I don’t love the feel of the pattern wish it was just solid, and the headcover, I can’t stress enough do not use this, buy a magnetized, you will get scratches all over the face from the Velcro. They definitely made more of these than last time but it’s not like you can go pick one up off the shelf now. Anyone trying to double their money probably didn’t read the tea leaves well going in and hopefully it makes people pause on taking up all the inventory going forward (doubt it) but if you’re just looking for a sweet gamer I’d recommend for sure. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mike Nass said:

I bought a 2023 Newport 2+ to game, been using for a few weeks. It took me a minute to get used to the wider body but I’ll be honest now I think it would tough to go back. You still get that classic look and to me it feels so much more naturally square at address and when you don’t hit it dead center you’ll get better results. I think there’s a lot of haters that just want to be trendy and knock it but they also probably average 38 putts a round. The only knocks I would have are the grip, I don’t love the feel of the pattern wish it was just solid, and the headcover, I can’t stress enough do not use this, buy a magnetized, you will get scratches all over the face from the Velcro. They definitely made more of these than last time but it’s not like you can go pick one up off the shelf now. Anyone trying to double their money probably didn’t read the tea leaves well going in and hopefully it makes people pause on taking up all the inventory going forward (doubt it) but if you’re just looking for a sweet gamer I’d recommend for sure. 

Not a hater just pointed out that the + models should not be called Champions Choice.  A + model hasn’t won a major.  Brooks did with his NP2 many times 

I’m assuming the button back and teryllium are where they get the name, it was never a replica by any means just the inspiration, plus they’ve only expanded on the line with these models, not like the mallet shape they made last time won anything either. Would have been nice if they did something new but the bottom line is all they care about these days and it was always gonna be cheaper to expand than create something entirely new.

1 hour ago, Mike Nass said:

...and the headcover, I can’t stress enough do not use this, buy a magnetized, you will get scratches all over the face from the Velcro.

Is this true?  I shelved the head cover that came with my Champion Choice, but since I sent it off to the Scotty Custom Shop for a new grip, I also bought one of the headcovers available for custom orders.  I'm sure its also velcro.

9 minutes ago, __jimmyd said:

Is this true?  I shelved the head cover that came with my Champion Choice, but since I sent it off to the Scotty Custom Shop for a new grip, I also bought one of the headcovers available for custom orders.  I'm sure its also velcro.

Yep and they have the Velcro running so high up that it’s nearly impossible to avoid 

IMG_1477.jpeg

They didnt make a CC2022, it was 2021.

https://www.scottycameron.com/archives/putters/2021/champions-choice/newport-2-button-back/

For the 2023 the Cover is cheap and sad and I already swapped out the grip.

But I like the +, I bought the thing to game it.

So far so good.

The 2021 CCs are not + models so if that makes a difference.

Also 2021s will probably hold value better.

That being said, the 2021s also have fakes now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3256805430060037.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Edited by Jeri6gt

TSR1 10 B1 Diamana ZF 60 R

TSI1 18 C3 Tensei Blue 65 R

TSI1 20 A4 HZRDUS Smoke 70 6.0

2021 T200 4-6 PXi 5.0

AP2 714 7-PW Flighted PX 5.5

SM9 50/54/58 PX 6.0

Scotty CC Newport+ 

1 hour ago, cohenfive said:

Thanks gang. I don't understand why they still use velcro closures on high end putters like this...Bettinardi does the same thing. If you care about not scratching the finish you have to be really careful about how you put the putter in and get it out of the cover with velcro.

Agreed, at least Scotty’s tend to have a decently durable finish though. I have a Hive BB0 and the finish would likely be completely gone in a matter of months if I used the velcro headcover it came with

Plus the sound of velcro is a tad annoying since you have to be conscious about it when other people are hitting/putting

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

On 8/18/2023 at 9:14 AM, Mike Nass said:

I snagged a Newport 2.5+, swapped out the grip for a red cord dancing scotty, added 35g red cloverleaf weights, and a champs choice Johnny racer custom shop decal…rolls like a dream. Will be in the bag for AWHILE…

8A058C59-3BF3-4B5A-B8E1-5A295F4D19C8.jpeg

• Like 1

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+