Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Ok here is my story:

I decided to really focus on my game this year rather than just showing up every sunday. I have been practicing and I have a mat at home. I don't have time to go to the range because of kids. So most of my practice is on a home mat. I started to show more consistency in my golf game at the course this past weekend. And I decided to practice my swing at home for a few day and finally hit the range last night. I was horrible. I was pusjing and slicing everything. I tried to compensate and I started shanking. I had to align everything on the toe to prevent the shank. Only the last few balls went straight without the shanks. I had the PBS with me but I didn't commit to it.

I woke up this morning determined to figure it out. So I read the thread inside and out. A few posts really started to hit me. And I went to the range right after work. I started out slow taking half swings and trying to feel that pressure. Soon I felt that pressure and started to hit crisp and straight shots (just 85% of the distance). I gained more confidence and did some full swings. I haven't been able to make full swings for years because I was never able to keep lag and it felt so inconsistent. I did a full backswing, picked an aiming point and pushed my right index finger toward it. I was truly amazed that my club got square. I even was drawing in the beginning. And I was compressing the ball and getting a nice boring trajectory. I would talk to myself about how unbelieveable this concept was. I hit about 150 balls and 130 were great and 20 were average and 10 were playable but bad.

I am truly amazed. I wrote him an email today telling him I loved him. It is a truly great invention and WILL WORK if you dedicate yourself to it. No doubt about it. I love you Jeff!

I don't want to get too over the top praising Jeff's little device, but I'd say by training the hands it also has the effect over time of training other parts of the body in a complimentary role. For example, I've used the downswing thought of keeping the lead upper arm against the upper chest on the follow thru for a while. But training with Jeff's device I've gotten more specific with that thought of feeling like the butt end of the club remains close and perhaps even gets closer on my thru swing. I've noticed that my bad swings seem to be accompanied by a widening of the distance between the butt end of the club and my torso. This has proven an important distinction that's helped me achieve greater consistency and understand my swing better.

Jeff, does this focus on the relationship between butt end and upper chest seem correct to you?

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon MKii DI 3 Axiom 105

Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-PW KBS Tour 

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Titleist AVX

I don't want to get too over the top praising Jeff's little device, but I'd say by training the hands it also has the effect over time of training other parts of the body in a complimentary role. For example, I've used the downswing thought of keeping the lead upper arm against the upper chest on the follow thru for a while. But training with Jeff's device I've gotten more specific with that thought of feeling like the butt end of the club remains close and perhaps even gets closer on my thru swing. I've noticed that my bad swings seem to be accompanied by a widening of the distance between the butt end of the club and my torso. This has proven an important distinction that's helped me achieve greater consistency and understand my swing better.

Jeff, does this focus on the relationship between butt end and upper chest seem correct to you?

Correct! You are sensing the butt end of the club traveling around the geometric center of your lead shoulder.

I find it amazing that I stumbled onto this thread after JUST reading and trying Hogans teachings from the 5 Lessons.......

Yesterday was the very first time in my entire life that I actually felt that lag(didn't really KNOW what it was, just that it was awesome!!), and it is because I was looking for it thanks to Bens diagrams, words, and that video showing him pushing with the right index finger pad(saw that online somewhere else)....

I have always played with a strong grip(was usable when I played 3x a week- not anymore), and it got so awful that I started delofting the club, I finally looked for help, and the 5 lessons changed my grip, and made my swing alot more effortless...and of course I felt the lag.

I can't wait to practice with this at the range, so I can ingrain exactly what it is I am looking for.

I'll let ya know how I make out. (cool)

First off, I ordered the PBS prior to the BOGO promotion last week and Jeff still sent me 2 of them. Thank You!

So far I've used it on the range twice. And I definitely feel where the lag is. What I want to know is am I actually suppose to hold that lag with my right index/trigger finger? Basically, when I get to the top of my backswing, I start down aiming the butt end of the grip towards a target infront of the ball. Mid downswing you sense the shaft wanting to staighten down the line, losing lag. At this point am I suppose to fight that pressure with my right index finger trying to hold the lag as long as I can? Not sure if there is suppose to be a conscious attempt at holding and resisting the loss of lag OR if it all is suppose to just be natural with no literal attempt to hold onto the lag pressure? Please let me know

First off, I ordered the PBS prior to the BOGO promotion last week and Jeff still sent me 2 of them. Thank You!

So far I've used it on the range twice. And I definitely feel where the lag is. What I want to know is am I actually suppose to hold that lag with my right index/trigger finger? Basically, when I get to the top of my backswing, I start down aiming the butt end of the grip towards a target infront of the ball. Mid downswing you sense the shaft wanting to staighten down the line, losing lag. At this point am I suppose to fight that pressure with my right index finger trying to hold the lag as long as I can? Not sure if there is suppose to be a conscious attempt at holding and resisting the loss of lag OR if it all is suppose to just be natural with no literal attempt to hold onto the lag pressure? Please let me know

You were lucky, I only received one. Not sure if I need 2, but...

this is prob. not legal but here's the question:

During a round, can one take practice swings with the PBS on the club and remove the PBS to take the counting shot?

no

Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Titleist AVX

During a round, can one take practice swings with the PBS on the club and remove the PBS to take the counting shot?

no

USGA The Rules of Golf

14-3/10 Use of Training or Swing Aid During Round

Q. During a round, may a player make a stroke or a practice swing using a club with a weighted headcover or “donut” on it, or use any other device designed as a training or swing aid?

A. No. The player would be using an artificial device to assist him in his play in breach of Rule 14-3, but see also Decision 4-4a/7 for use of a weighted training club. (Revised)

Yesterday I played in a tournament for GG Tour. Got to the range early so I could work with my new PBS. As with Friday's range time, it took a few swings to get used to the lag but soon I was hitting some nice shots with a good draw (usually I slice).

Went to the chipping range and used it for 10 balls then removed it for the next 10.

Last, I went to the putting green. This is where I really felt the lag, and I stroked some nice solid putts while checking the speed.

During the round I was all over the place with the driver (due to my going past parallel); however, I noticed that some drives were absolutely crushed about 230 (usually average 200). I hit a 6-iron from 150 yards uphill into a 20 mph wind about 180 which absolutely shocked me since I'm usually hitting a 25-degree hybrid that distance.

The last 2 holes while lining up to putt, I made sure that my hands were in the same position as though the PBS was on the shaft. I one-putted both holes, the first for par and the second for birdie which got me a skin and longest putt so I have another gift card coming my way.

For the naysayers, I am also taking lessons which helped with alignment and posture. However, the PBS and the thought of where the hands should be got me the 2 good putts, not the lessons. I work on putting next week. It's the best $20 you will invest.

no

USGA The Rules of Golf

14-3/10 Use of Training or Swing Aid During Round

Q. During a round, may a player make a stroke or a practice swing using a club with a weighted headcover or “donut” on it, or use any other device designed as a training or swing aid?

A. No. The player would be using an artificial device to assist him in his play in breach of Rule 14-3, but see also Decision 4-4a/7 for use of a weighted training club. (Revised)

You could use it on the first tee, right? Since you havent started your round yet. I usually use a donut on the first tee box. Weighted donut and the PBS make great tools!!!

OK, so I applied some of the principles of applied pressure (index finer pad) to my range work today pre-round. In a word...crisp...in another word...long.

Made 3 birdies on the front but still only shot 38 partly because I was too long on several holes. If I'm striking it like this now I can't imagine what it's going to be like once I acually get my PBS.

I guess I always thought if that if I was feeling the pressure point on my right index finger pad I was weakening my right hand grip and thus fighting my semi-strong left hand grip.

p.s. the wind seemed to always be in my face today and it was gusting up to 20 mph.

One of the best ball striking rounds I've had in recent memory and the best I've had in these type of conditions.

I'm not far from Macon so I hope I get my PBS before the weekend.

Can anyone give me an idea of the differences I should feel by using the PBS? I think that after practicing with the PBS (and also changing my tempo a bit) I gained some considerable distance (the other day hit a 2h 210+ when I normally hit it less that 200, and the same is true for my other hybrids). My problem is that I haven't been able to tell the difference between my normal swing and my swing after practicing with the PBS.

Any insights?

I am new to the PBS, not sure what I am supposed to be feeling when I use it. Can someone briefly explain the pressure points, what I should feel and maybe a drill or two I can use to get started? I know I do not maintain much lag in my swing, that is why I bought this...I just need some help getting started.

Thanks!

Help guys....

I have a flatish swing plane on the down swing through impact (a little like how Sergio re-routes the club). I tried the PBS at the range today and did not feel that lag pressure all the way through. To me it feels like my trail hand more specifically the pad of the index finger is more under than on the side of the club from hip to impact. The PBS seems to rotate to the left of the shaft after impact into the follow through. I naturally swing inside to out on my swing plane and fight the draw on my off days.

Some stats on me and swing:

5'7" tall

I Generally hit PW high about 140 yards. Driver swing speed is ~ 108 and drives generally range from 260-290 (close to sea level elivation).

I feel that I have lag in my swing or I wouldn't be hitting those numbers but can't get the feel of the pressure on P3. Can anyone offer any advice on how to feel the lag pressure properly?

I bought the PB striker about a month ago, took it a couple times to the range and swung in the living room with it. Golf season just started for us and played a couple of rounds. I have seen dramatic improvement in my ball striking especially with the short irons. Definitely getting the correct distances now, instead of the weak floater that never gets there. The only problems I'm having is around the greens. I make better contact now, but overshoot the hole a lot. My trajectory is lower now and my course requires some high spinners. If anybody has some suggestions I would like to here them.

I've been keeping up with thread and I do not feel like its an infomercial. Its a great product and a great price. I had some questions when I bought it and wrote Jeff an email. He responded immediately and I appreciate that very much. Keep up the good work and Thank You very much.

let me just say that i gave my pure ball striker to Andrew Farrell, the head coach of my college golf team and a pro at Doral Arrowwood. He & I both work under Mitchell Spearman and after one week of using it, Andrew has said that the PBS has "changed his game". This thing works and makes you realize what proper impact looks and feels like.

Got mine 2 weeks ago. Love it.

First thing I did was to hit a few with the knock down 75 yarder wedge.

I figured ok, it comes loose when you miss a few. When I started focusing on the index finger pressure and my position at the top of the swing, it got fun. Then bang-one hit the stick. I realized it was taking less effort and that my club head speed seemed to be the same. Seems like you really have to alternate a few shots with and without it to get an understanding of what it is you're trying feel (lag).

Finished off that session hitting various long and short wedge shots, comming away with a good bit of confidence and a solid understanding of the PBS. I then meandered over to the putting green and stuck it on my putter.

I started from about 12 feet (red zone for me). What I noticed was I was consistantly hitting the sweet spot of the putter enableing me to trust my lines. It helped me get the club head, somehow square at impact and kept hands in the proper position as well (Been struggling with this for a while).

So I then moved it back to the 35 40ft range and I really started to feel it. Again, my hands felt like they were in the proper position all the ray through impact. I was hitting the sweetspot over and over. No way would I have thought this thing would serve any purpose for my short game, let alone on a putting green. It kinna gave me that new found love again with my putter.

Anyway I could go on about the rest of the session, but the bottom line is I'm impressed with it and I get it. Thank you to my buddy Mike for pickin two of them up and giving me one. And thank you Jeff for the great product.

2009 Masters, 2 for the price of one sale, any golfwrx member that has ordered the Pure Ball Striker during the start of the Masters Tournament on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 will receive a second Pure Ball Striker for free. This BOGO Free offer is extended through Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:59 PM EST. Just go HERE!

Jeff --

Do you have any comments on how the PBS works in the passive-hand swings of instructors like Slicefixer and Mike Hebron (author of Inside Moves Outside?) What's your view on active versus passive hand action? In the backswing? Through swing?

Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Titleist AVX

Just ordered one with the extended Master's BOGO offer. I can tell you that up until last fall I had pretty good lag during my golf swing and experienced compression of the golf ball during my swing. The last quarter of the year I started losing that for some reason and my golf shot went from compressing the ball and having a slight draw with my irons to almost no compression and a weak fade. When you experience lag and compression of the golf ball it is a gratifying experience and I hope PBStriker will help me get that back.