My Golf Galaxy Experience

Pstar

Top Notch!
Well i went to Golf Galaxy on May 16th to get my clubs fitted. I went through the fitting process and after all that i decided to get my clubs bent as per the impact tape and put two V2 graphite shafts in my woods. At the time of the fitting i had a set of Adams GT2 tight lies Irons(not the undercuts) and Adams wedges along with Adams hybrids. During them changing the clubs to my specs they accidentally broke the pitching wedge. I then contacted Adams about this and they said that the irons could be bent 3 degrees either way. This then left me and Golf Galaxy with 3 options: 1 they could send the pitching wedge back to Adams and have it replaced but it's an outdated iron. 2 They can send the clubs to Adams and have them custom bent them to my specs but that would take atleast 2 weeks to do. 3 They offered to replace my irons with the same retail value as my current set. Well i decided to take the third option which they gave me Tommy Armour Silver Scott 855s. So a week later they had my clubs all set, regripped and reshafted for the same price i paid before they broke my club. I know some of the people on here posted bad about Golf Galaxy but i have to say they really took care of me. Anyone ever have this experience? later, steve

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that you had a good experiance with golf galaxy, but honestly you might be the first.

anyplace that fits you indoors will never get your fit as good as it can be (even with a launch monitor), even titleist customer service told me this.

I went to golf galaxy once here in des moines, to get a grip. the dumb clubmaker re-used the tape, he never took the tape off or re-taped it. he slipped a new grip on, and told me it would dry fine, and that the tape was re-usable. I figured maybe tape had gotten better and I believed him.

Sure enough the grip never dried, and sliped off.

When I went back to golf galaxy, they told me that it was my fault and that I must have left the club in a hot car. I honestly didn't, I keep my clubs in the kitchen.

Another time,I was going to buy at putter at GG, and the clubmaker said he had 13 years of experiance and he could not cut an inch off the putter for me. He said it would change the ballance of the putter. I told him I had lead tape at home and I would adjust it as needed. He said that it coulnd't be done, so I figured this guy was an idiot and left.

Thanks,

Scott

I now buy my stuff from a smaller local shop here, they value my business, and will go wtih me to the range for fitting, and they will also let me take demo clubs for a few days to try out.

I say this is way better than a big box store.

I am glad that you had a good experiance [sic] with golf galaxy, but honestly you might be the first.

Couldn't agree with you more. A guy went in there looking for new irons. He's new to the game and is a high handicap player. The one mistake he made (besides not avoiding golf galaxy in the first place) was telling the staff person who was helping him that he wanted the best irons for his game and that money was no object. In all his wisdom and deep understanding of the lines they sell, the Golf Galaxy employee sold him a set of X-Tour irons, got them custom fit, and now the guy has a set of super expensive custom fit irons that are far from ideal for a high handicapper. Golf Galaxy then agreed to exchange them for something else but refused to refund the price difference, offering store credit only.

Golf Galaxy employees tend to be arrogant mothers too. No matter what you tell them, you're wrong, even if its a matter of opinion. You can go in there telling them that you like your TaylorMade irons and they'll tell you that you're wrong, you don't really like them, you won't like an iron until you play what they tell you.

Their repair shop is no better. I went in there for a quick grip install...the guy strips my old grip and starts putting new tape over the old tape. I ask him what's he doing not stripping the old tape, he says, "This is just how we do it here!" I ask him if he's not concerned that he's going to change the grip size by doing that? He has the audacity to tell me that a player like me won't know the difference. Player like me? Needless to say, I stood there and watched over him like a hawk as I made him strip the old tape. He was annoyed, so he asked me, in a patronizing tone, whether I want to check the alignment on the grip too? I tell him I don't think even he could F that up. And that was the last time I ever set foot in that crap shack.

I have nothing but good comments about the Golf Galaxy in Pittsburgh. Everyone I have talked to has been curteous, knows what they are talking about and takes the extra step to make the customer happy. It is going to happen at any retail national chain. Some locations make service and knowledge a priority and others have complete idiots working there. Mainly comes down to how the manager runs the store and their hiring process.

ahhhh, the Golf Black Hole, I mean galaxy, in Pittsburgh. (in response to the previous comment) Buddy, youre an a******. First off, I dont like you if but for the sole reason youre ignorant to the fact that The Golf Shop, a Dicks owned subsidiary...is local, and you should be supporting local business. And thats knowing full well that outdoor facilities like scallys and "the other place down on 51" which happen to be outdoors offer so much more. Circumstancially, I dislike Galaxxxy because they are a bunch of whores who prey upon no nothings to sell not only High ticket/high commission items (in leiu of selling the best for the customer, rather than the best for their pocketbooks), but to sell their services as well. I went in and was all-geared-up to purchase a set of Bridgestone j33cbs. I did a demo on their brilliant launch monitor (which is off by no less than 15 mph on a driver swing setting), made a few bad swings due to my not having not played since last october. He tried to tell me what i was doing wrong, which was most definately wasnt the remedy to my ailing mechanics. (I knew what was wrong, and have fixed it since then, but he was dead wrong.) Then he tried to push their "PGA pro" lessons. He was going to die. I kid you not, i walked right out of the bloody place, cause if i stayed in their any longer...i would have realized well before those douchebags that we were in a store filled with thousands of weapons locked stocked and ready to maim. Thank you.

First off nice tone and you need to be on Prozac. Second just because you might have had a reality check about your swing speed dosen't mean all the employees are a bunch of whores. It is a simulator and it is for you to compare clubs not test your manlyhood as to whether you can swing an iron a 100 mph.

I can't believe the Marshal's here are letting this crap on here. I happen to work at the Golf Galaxy in Cary,NC and if you ask any of my customers you by the way are repeating customers as well lnow the experience they have had was nothing but great.

Yes it is a chain and yes just for you we offer good top of the line equipment at good prices, just try to beat the prices at your local golf store or Country Club. If you had a bad experience then you should have said somehting to the GM or better yet call the Corporate office and say something about it don't just whine on this forum and act like a 2 year old.

There are Certified Fitters like myself and you have to make sure you get one of us just like you would at any other place you go. I not only work there part time but I am also an Instructor which alot of the members here know that and I also play Professionally. Not all of us are as you call them Whores and I take much offence to that. Just do some research next time and ask questions and if you have a problem talk to someone and get it taken care of, and I am sure the Golf Galaxy in Pitts. will not miss you being there if that is really how you feel because I am sure they have plenty of satisfied customers like the people who I deal with that will be glad to come back to the store.........

Marshall's please close this thread so we don't have anymore idiots like this talking like that on this forum. I have much respect for Golfwrx and would like it to stay that way............

I personally don't like near any of these stores, and from what I read and hear, I should consider myself lucky. I did see the stores featured on the golf channel last night, with these nubs taking lessons from their pros.

One guy, bonified cow boy, just starting the game, was taking lessons. It was hilarious. I love country music, but this guy is out there taking lessons is skin tight asshungry wrangles and a cow boy hat. He's got one of those "robotic" swings that's' not fluid whatsoever, and the pro is trying to explain to him that it's like line dancing. The pro then has the cowboy hitting off of a mat with a rainbow on it to show proper club head path. This picture was a riot, cowboy with tight gear, pro touching him, both swinging to a rainbow.

http://images.golfgalaxy.com/f/726/16199/4...0&dept%5Fid=250

It was the top pro from CO.

hold on...youre opinion is nothing more than subjective, and qualifies as no less than rhetoric. Ill be sure to enjoy the spoils of your ignorance for the sake of levity. I was aghast at the remark you made concerning the inconsistency of Golf Galaxy's launch monitor. What they are doing is misleading their customers into believing that said device is flawless, and when calibrated appropriately is entirely accurate. Well, Its not. Customers who arent as educated with equipment as we, rely on these people to make their decisions; decisions that lead to purchasing clubs that arent well suited for their game. Shafts, biases, lofts, the list goes on, may lead to less than desirable results. Taking the club back, getting more credit than cash for what they paid for the club, tying them into "store in question" to purchase another club. Golf Galaxy 1 - customer 0. Thats fraud. People should not stand for it, and those persons at Golf Galaxy should be held liable, and make not that they are not entirely accurate. Pride is blinding it seems. I wouldnt want to work at a store with a lackluster gimmick. Swallow it, and move on. And you cast dissent unto my post. I am providing this site with something important...the other side of the story. Our government cant survive without alternative perspective, otherwise establishments such as the democrats and republicans wouldnt exist, which begot diversity, which begot the necessity for invention. Albeit so, throwing people like me, and my posts by the wayside is only in the best interest of those who have an agenda. thank you.

PS. thats 129, not 100. Anyone who would like to meet and testify can be my guest.

OMFG I thought I was the ONLy one that hated that store. I went in there to get rid of my 905T for a 905R, did the whole launch monitro tihng, get fitted for a Ys 6. ok great i leave satisifed. I take it to the course and the damn tihng has a rattle in the head. I took it back where the manager insisted he heard no rattle. I walked around the counter to him and offered to make him hear it, he flipped s***. this guy was like 6'4" and im what 5'11''? then he walks away to see if they have a replacement, and the cashier shakes the head and hears it. I go up to him and say, see the kid behind the counter heard it. And he replies he doesnt play golf but maybe twice a year. I respond, yea but hes not deaf is he. The club repair guy, "who worked in a titleist tour trailer in europe for five years" informs me that a rattle is impossible with a bore through hosel. Apparently epoxy can be knocked loose tho. He offers to remove the sahft and reshaft it. I kindly imform him that that would void my warranty. He says OH YEAHHH. I got ym refund my 905T and went elsewhere. I've yet to return. And you guys are absolutely right, the customer is always wrong over there.

I visit GG just to try out the different putters on their large in-house putting green in Mpls. Fun yet after numerous approaches by staff trying to sell stuff I offer the chance to sell me a pair of shoes. They don't carry my size and soon leave me alone. I did fall for the trap of filling out a discount card, for future discounts (twice no less) and have yet to recieve anything in the mail.. I have shopped at Austads golf and found them to be very helpful when you combine their web and local store discounts. You have to ask first - present evidence of the discounts.

hold on...youre opinion is nothing more than subjective, and qualifies as no less than rhetoric. Ill be sure to enjoy the spoils of your ignorance for the sake of levity. I was aghast at the remark you made concerning the inconsistency of Golf Galaxy's launch monitor. What they are doing is misleading their customers into believing that said device is flawless, and when calibrated appropriately is entirely accurate. Well, Its not. Customers who arent as educated with equipment as we, rely on these people to make their decisions; decisions that lead to purchasing clubs that arent well suited for their game. Shafts, biases, lofts, the list goes on, may lead to less than desirable results. Taking the club back, getting more credit than cash for what they paid for the club, tying them into "store in question" to purchase another club. Golf Galaxy 1 - customer 0. Thats fraud. People should not stand for it, and those persons at Golf Galaxy should be held liable, and make not that they are not entirely accurate. Pride is blinding it seems. I wouldnt want to work at a store with a lackluster gimmick. Swallow it, and move on. And you cast dissent unto my post. I am providing this site with something important...the other side of the story. Our government cant survive without alternative perspective, otherwise establishments such as the democrats and republicans wouldnt exist, which begot diversity, which begot the necessity for invention. Albeit so, throwing people like me, and my posts by the wayside is only in the best interest of those who have an agenda. thank you.

PS. thats 129, not 100. Anyone who would like to meet and testify can be my guest.

thats why its called an opinion, not a fact, because it IS subjective.

I had a rather poor experience with golf galaxy's online ordering.

I ordered a ogio bag which was priced competitively and delivered in a timely fashion. And right there is where the warm fuzzy feelings stopped.

Upon recieving the bag I found that it did not include a rain cover. No raincover on with a $200 stand bag? I thought this was odd, so I called their customer service line. I was told by the customer service rep that the the bag did not come with a cover and that none of their ogio bags in the warehouse had covers.

Once again I was surprised, so I posted on here. People told me their bags came with raincovers and even pointed me to the ogio website that clearly stated that the bag came with a raincover. Just to make sure I called ogio and was told by their rep that the bag certainly came with a cover.

So I was back ont he phone with golf galaxy. I told them what I had found out. I told them about my conversation with the rep, and gave them her name and number. The g.g. rep garnered a very abusive tone. He called me a liar. Put me on hold several times.

After playing nice for too long I told the rep. that either he fix this situation or I would be returning the bag to them for a full refund and then buying it from golfsmith. This finally seemed to get his attention. He put me on hold again. When he returned to the line he told me ogio would be sending me a raincover.

I have recieved my raincover as promised from ogio, so all is well right? WRONG. I was so offended by my experience with g.g.'s customer service that I will NEVER spend a dime with them again. I would rather spend an extra couple of dollars to shop somewhere that respects me as a customer.

Customer Service has been one of the greatest victims of the modern world because people are willing to deal poor customer service just to save a couple of pennies.

OK guys, sorry, this one slipped under the radar for a little too long.

Thanks to those who can share their bad experiences with some decorum. The rest of you (ubernaut)...come on, I like the passion, but the language and method of attacks is not going to play well here. So please, turn down the volume just a tad.

In case you guys forgot, the thread was started by a good experience at GG. So let's not scare the poster who started this into thinking twice before sharing a good experience.

Wow...what a thread. Enjoy it for a little longer, but it's getting deleted soon simply because it's very disrepectful to the GG employee here (sorry, utopiapga).