2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Skycaddie SGX- Who gets it first? (MERGED)

[quote name='ChappyEight' date='13 April 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1271187429' post='2377715']
[quote name='Chicago Lefty' date='13 April 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1271181647' post='2377538']
Just got the call from Golfsmith, my SGX is there and waiting for me to pick it up :)

Now to figure out how to sneak out of work for 10 minutes so that I can have it setup for my after work round.
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you pre-order? Just trying to get a feel for things.
[/quote]

I ordered mine the last week of March if I remember right. Can't sneak out to pick it up, so hopefully it has enough charge for one round out of the box.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 On GPP. I cancelled my Sports Authority order last week when I asked if they would match GPP's shipping. (2nd day for free vs. ground for free) They flatly stated that they do NOT price match or match shipping. So I called GPP and they stated they would match the 319 and give me the free shipping. Plus I added some golf balls that I wanted that they had on sale and they are coming with the same package and shipping. What a great job of customer service. I contacted them today as my card was billed this afternoon and they stated they had recieved the order and where shipping out tomorrow morning. GPP has won my business from now on. THanks to all of the staff. If you need something, give them a look.

clapping.gif

I just spoke to GPP and the price has gone up to 349.00 shipped (darn it, I should have ordered yesterday. Well at least I didn't have to pay sales tax!). GPP says they should have their shipment today or tomorrow.

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

[quote name='Chicago Lefty' date='14 April 2010 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1271251558' post='2379149']
Got out yesterday after I picked up my SGX. Only had the basic info loaded and barely enough juice to get through 9 holes. Initial impressions are that the unit itself is built very nice. Fairly slim, feels rugged and fits well in my hand similar to my iPhone. I can put it in my front pocket and I barely notice it's there. Locks in quick, gives accurate reading.

I wasn't able to sync with my Mac though. This morning at work I successfully sync'd with my Windows machine though.
[/quote]

Did you use any iPhone golf GPS apps? and if so, how much better was the SGX feature function wise to the iPhone?

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

I tried a bunch of iPhone apps, my favorite was AirVue Golf. Problem was, it would take forever to lock the gps in, I never trusted the distance and my battery would get hosed. Plus closing and opening the app always took awhile.

Feature wise I can't make a full decision on since I only had the very basic info loaded during play yesterday. I'd say the SGX has more information overall though on a fully mapped course.

Just received this e-mail:

[quote]
***SkyCaddie SGX ORDER UPDATE***

Attention Customer:

We have received our shipment of SkyCaddie SGX GPS units. Your order will be shipping this afternoon via FedEx and we will send you an email with the tracking number as soon as it ships (@ 5:00PM CST). Thank you again for your purchase and we hope you enjoy the new GPS unit.

Have a great day!

Gpp Customer Service[/quote]

**SkyCaddie SGX ORDER UPDATE***

Attention Customer:

We have received our shipment of SkyCaddie SGX GPS units. Your order will be shipping this afternoon via FedEx and we will send you an email with the tracking number as soon as it ships (@ 5:00PM CST). Thank you again for your purchase and we hope you enjoy the new GPS unit.

Have a great day!

Gpp Customer Service

www.gppgolf.com - Golf World TOP 100 Golf Shops

Games People Play | 5945 College St. Beaumont, TX 77707

T (409) 866-3883 | E [email protected]

Just hummin' Am in heaven by Frank Sinatra! GPP is the real deal.............for shizzle!clapping.gif

Oh BTW I had to cancel my order with SA. Getting this kind of a deal and from a fellow site sponsor makes my time spent on the forum expedient

[quote name='Nike Markiie' date='13 April 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1271187931' post='2377733']
Chappy why dont you cancel the order at SA and pick one up at GPP? The process for canceling at SA is super easy and GPP is having 200 shipped to them from what they told me on the phone yesterday. 100 of those are pre orders. They are getting their shipment tomorrow so maybe we'll have it by Friday?
[/quote]

I would love to do just that but GPP doesn't offer the form of payment I'm using. No big deal, I'm just allowing myself to be too impatient.

On a side (happy) note, SA told me today that their warehouse showed their shipment as being received today and that they had no other purchase orders showing, which means that all the pre-orders should be included on that shipment.

The sucky part is that she said to allow 7-10 days for processing and distribution. I'm hoping maybe that's just a line they feed everyone to cover their rear ends. Even if it takes the full 10 days to ship, I should have it before my May 2nd outing, so that's all I was really hoping for.

This is all assuming, of course, that their warehouse information is correct, which I would think it is in regards to a shipment having been received.

I noticed that some videos are starting to pop up on YouTube. Sure doesn't help my patience any.

Dr: Mizuno JPX-900 (9.5°)
FW: 3W (15°) Mizuno JPX 900
Hy: 3H (19°), 4H (22°) Mizuno JPX 900
5-6i: Mizuno MP-H5
7-PW: Mizuno MP-5
W: Mizuno S18 50°, 54°, 58° (Gunmetal)
P: 2017 Odyssey O-Works #9 White w/ Superstroke 3.0

@ChappyEight

[quote][color=#1C2837]I would love to do just that but GPP doesn't offer the form of payment I'm using. No big deal, I'm just allowing myself to be too impatient.[color=#000000][/quote][/color][/color]
Hello!

What form of payment do you typically use? We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, and Google Checkout. Let us know if we could help.

Thanks,

Customer Service
www.gppgolf.com
1-888-477-3444

@ChappyEight

That is good news that SA received their shipment. I received the email last week from SA about canceling the order if they did not ship it by May 7th. I was going to cancel my order with SA and order from GPP. When I called GPP they said they would have to charge me sales tax since I am in TX which bumped it up to $346.00. Hopefully SA will pull through.

Titleist TS3 9.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Titleist 917F2 15° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist 917F2 18° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist AP2 712 4-W NS Pro 970 S
Titleist SM8 Wedges 52,56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S Putter

[quote name='gppgolf' date='14 April 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1271262727' post='2379478']...[b]We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, and Google Checkout[/b]. Let us know if we could help.

Thanks,

Customer Service
www.gppgolf.com
1-888-477-3444[/quote]
That about covers it. :D

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='gppgolf' date='14 April 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1271262727' post='2379478']
@ChappyEight

[quote][color="#1c2837"]I would love to do just that but GPP doesn't offer the form of payment I'm using. No big deal, I'm just allowing myself to be too impatient.[color="#000000"][/quote][/color][/color]
Hello!

What form of payment do you typically use? We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, and Google Checkout. Let us know if we could help.

Thanks,

Customer Service
www.gppgolf.com
1-888-477-3444
[/quote]

Customer Service at its Finest.

[quote name='yahtzee' date='14 April 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1271272449' post='2379771']
opted for next day air from GPP. Looks like I will receive it tomorrow.
[/quote]

+1 on that as well. Thanks for the idea. I went on the website and spoke to Brant and he quickly went to the shipping area and had my ordered changed to next day. Again, top notch service.

[quote name='tx6iron' date='14 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1271278459' post='2379956']
For those of you that ordered through Golfland Warehouse, I received shipping notification today. SGX should be here Friday. Their price was $314.99.
[/quote]

I thought their email said they are receiving them on Friday and shipping them out on the same day through USPS Priority mail.

Looking forward to hearing what the reviews are going to be like on the new SGX. I have the SG5 and was thinking about upgrading if its worthy of the dollars out of pocket. The SG5 works great for what it does. Would like to hear how the new one differs in screenshots and graphics. On the fence on whether I'm going to pony up for one or not.

I'll check back in a few days to see the reactions you guys have first about it.wink.gif

Just ordered mine through GPP. They are no longer offering the sgx for 319, but I got it for 349, and they shipped it on my fedex account. I ordered at 3PM today and they got it shipped out. Great customer service. I also talked to a rep from skygolf today, and they said some units are having problems when you turn it on if it says "installing". The unit is no good and you have to return it. Hopefully I get a good one.

[quote name='golf_fanatik' date='14 April 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1271287331' post='2380156']
[quote name='tx6iron' date='14 April 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1271278459' post='2379956']
For those of you that ordered through Golfland Warehouse, I received shipping notification today. SGX should be here Friday. Their price was $314.99.
[/quote]

I thought their email said they are receiving them on Friday and shipping them out on the same day through USPS Priority mail.
[/quote]

I called Golfland Warehouse today and ordered one for $319.99 shipped to TX, no tax. He told me the same thing about receiving them on Friday but I just received an email with a USPS tracking #. Canceled my SA order.

Titleist TS3 9.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Titleist 917F2 15° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist 917F2 18° Diamana S+ Blue 70 S
Titleist AP2 712 4-W NS Pro 970 S
Titleist SM8 Wedges 52,56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S Putter

[quote name='Cardigans' date='14 April 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1271292185' post='2380278']
[quote name='golf_fanatik' date='14 April 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1271287331' post='2380156']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I called Golfland Warehouse today and ordered one for $319.99 shipped to TX, no tax. He told me the same thing about receiving them on Friday but I just received an email with a USPS tracking #. Canceled my SA order.
[/quote]

Hi Cardigans

I always get the normal $399 for the SGX at the Golfland Wharehouse site? What coupon code are you using to get the $319 price or do you get it just by calling in as a Golfwrx member. Anyone special to ask for the $319 price? Do they have them in stock now? Is that with free shipping also? Thanks tbear