2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Guerin Rife GR6 Aussie

About The Aussie

The Aussie, named to honor our good friends down under, found immediate success on Tour in late 2005. This classic heel and toe cavity back design features a short slant hozel for superb alignment capabilities and is 100% CNC Milled from soft 303 stainless steel. The Aussie earned its 1st PGA TOUR victory early in the 2006 season and a number of players have already put it into play.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received this putter today, so Ive only rolled putts on the carpet.

Looks- This putter is fantastic looking. Milling is first rate, paintfill excellent. The putter cover is pleasising to look at as well. Black with white lettered RIFE stiching. No velcro/magnets etc. either (which is like) and it is compact.

Grip- Ive never been a Winn grip fan, but this grip is excellent. Pleasing design, nice feel. It has a tackiness to it w/o feeling tacky (if that makes sense). Sometimes a grip with a tacky feeling makes my hands seem as though a residue was left by the grip, but not with this one.

Feel- Again, Ive only putted on the carpet, so I cant comment on the groove/roll technology, but I can provide a few thoughts. On center/sweet spot putts feel mizuno forged buttery, while off center hits provide a subtle harshness with an audible "clickiness". The best part is there was no distance/accuracy loss between a great putt and a slightly missed putt. Not only will the feel/sound help me strike more putts in the sweet spots but it will not cost you strokes.

The putter retails for $180, but it was on sale last weekend (20% off) and I had a coupon for an additional 20% off so this was a steal. Even though I got a great deal I feel its well worth the retail price.

Ive been looking for a new putter for months now. Ive tried a ton. Yes! Callie, TM Daytona, Scotty Cameron, Macgregors. The list goes on.

It was really down to a SC studio style or this, and for the price difference I dont think Im trading any performace (and the Rife is handsome as well).

The only positive I believe a SC has over the Rife Aussie is a bigger sweet spot, and less harshness on off center hits.

So in my opinion its the slightest margin of victory for the SC, after all, you can always make up the $120 price difference on the next paycheck but a missed putt is missed forever.

My rating. 4.5 (due to smaller sweet spot)

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't a fan really. I've used this style of putter my whole life, and I made a ton of putts when I used the Rife 2 bar putter, so I figured this would be the one for me. Went back to the Cameron Newport. I had no consistency from long range with the Aussie, and the feel was weird and muted. It looks good though.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to try a Rife putter but, couldn't get past the looks of the two-bar. When I saw the Aussie I fell in love with it. I have played 6 rounds so far and this is a fantastic putter. It has a very soft feel to it and puts a great roll on the ball. You also know when you hit it on the SS. There isn't anything negative I can say about it. Putters are very personal but, you should try this and see what I mean.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher Turbo 10.5* Miyazaki 5R
Hybrid - Cleveland Halo #2 16* Miyazaki 6R
Irons - Cleveland CBX 4-PW Miyazaki 6R
Wedges - Cleveland CBX 50* & 54* Rotex
Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Ball - Srixon Z-Star

• 3 months later...

I had a Cameron Studio Style NP2, and though I liked the feel, I felt like it was skidding a ton and the light weight affected my distance control. The Aussie feels slightly different, not quite as soft, but heavier. . . giving me a much better feel for the clubhead. More importantly, I find the rollgroove face to work phenomenally.

Some longer putts may still skid a little, but anything short and smooth seems to be rolling the instant it leaves the face. There is good feedback in terms of where on the face you contact the ball, and the parallel horizontal grooves across the face apply a similar roll on these mis-hits (in contrast to the Callie C-Groove putters, where the grooves work best only on perfectly centered putts). Not many people bench a Cameron, but this putter is staying in the bag for me.

• 11 months later...

Great putter, and I've had them all. No I don't make everything I look at, but the feel is just as good if not better than everything else. The lie angle notch adds something no other blade has. The 303 Stainless Steel used is the same material used in many of the other premium putters. Long story short, putting is personal... and the Aussie and I just click.

• 3 months later...

I just picked up the Black Aussie tour putter. Today was my first round with it. The putter is much nicer then I thought it would be. I went to Edwin Watts and had them order in a Ping Redwood and a Scotty Cameron (I am left handed and they didn't stock them). I intended to buy the Redwood but the glare was overwhelming and I was not that impressed with the putter. The Scotty was too light and I didn't like the grip (I know easy change but when I am paying that money I don't want to change plus the light weight was an issue 330 grams). SO a RIFE Aussie was there in right handed and I tried it and liked it alot. I went home and found one left handed on EBay and bought it ($100 less then the Cameron, same 303 stainless and just as nice, plus the wieght I wanted 345 grams). I putted with it today and it does get the ball rolling nice. The feel is real nice also. I did run some by on the longer putts and have to get used to it, but the putts within 10 feet were awsome. I think this is an extremely underratted putter and it will be in the bag for a while. I have two putters I go between and it will be this one and my Odyssey XG 9. But no putter I have tried has put a role on the ball as fast as the RIFE. Worth the money

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Found a used, but like new Aussie for less than $100. My Cameron Newport 2 and YES! Callie are now in the closet. The Aussie sets up nicely, and the notch makes set up and alingment consistent. And, it does put a very nice roll on the ball, with the right weight for a good feel. More solid impact feeling than the YES! Callie, which felt a bit dead compared to the Aussie.

Driver-Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 70 6.0
3W- Titleist TSR2 15 Hzrdus 70 6.0
Hybrid-Ping G410 19* Xcaliber Pro 85 S
Irons- Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Combo, KBS TOUR 120 S
Wedges- VOKEY SM9 50,54,59
PUTTER- EVNROLL ER7