2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

club fitting around New York City

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New York Golf seems to have a reputable club fitter, I think the name was Josh C.

I tried emailing him twice to make an appointment for a club fitting session but never even responded. Great customer service right there for ya.

Bill at Novo Golf is very good (located in Old Tappan I believe). He uses a trackman for fitting and has some really high end golf equipment.

Not sure about any fitters in Jersey, maybe some others can chime in.

Thanks. Novo Golf is listed in golf digest. Is that outdoor or indoor? I think it is easy to get there from city, not too far.
[quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1310590822' post='3388959']
New York Golf seems to have a reputable club fitter, I think the name was Josh C.

I tried emailing him twice to make an appointment for a club fitting session but never even responded. Great customer service right there for ya.

Bill at Novo Golf is very good (located in Old Tappan I believe). He uses a trackman for fitting and has some really high end golf equipment.

[/quote]

[quote name='navin007' timestamp='1310591781' post='3389001']
Thanks. Novo Golf is listed in golf digest. Is that outdoor or indoor? I think it is easy to get there from city, not too far.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Outdoor range, hitting off mats. However, they may do the fitting out on the grass during the summer time. I would call to verify.

Thanks I will give them a call. [quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1310592115' post='3389013']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Outdoor range, hitting off mats. However, they may do the fitting out on the grass during the summer time. I would call to verify.
[/quote]

I spoke to Bill and yes it is $100 for fitting irons/woods. I will give them a try.
[quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1310605960' post='3389504']
[quote name='99Luftballoons' timestamp='1310604188' post='3389440']
Any idea about what they charge?
[/quote]

NY Golf is $150 and IIRC, can't use that towards purchase of a new set from them.

Novogolf was $100 iirc.
[/quote]

[quote name='drpino' timestamp='1310619803' post='3390014']
Give Tim @ Metro Custom Golf a call: http://www.metrocustomgolf.com/ContactUs.aspx
[/quote]

drpino, have you been fit at metro custom golf before? I thought I knew all the golf related stores in NYC, guess not. :)

my buddy is actually looking to get fit for a new set of irons, thanks for this.

Navin, metro custom might be a better choice if you don't feel like driving.

Yes Hot Stix is well know, the only problem I think they charge like $1000 for fitting. Some day I will do that but right I am now not willing to pay that kind of money for fitting.[quote name='againstthegrain' timestamp='1310655791' post='3390779']
Chris Marsh @ Hot Stix, Rye NY. Located at Doral Arrowwood. Worth the trip for an outdoor fitting + trackman.
[/quote]

[quote name='navin007' timestamp='1310657806' post='3390891']
Yes Hot Stix is well know, the only problem I think they charge like $1000 for fitting. Some day I will do that but right I am now not willing to pay that kind of money for fitting.[quote name='againstthegrain' timestamp='1310655791' post='3390779']
Chris Marsh @ Hot Stix, Rye NY. Located at Doral Arrowwood. Worth the trip for an outdoor fitting + trackman.
[/quote]
[/quote]

All hype....been there done that. novo is the best and i've been to them all. No affiliation at all just a really happy customer. If I could invest, I would in a second.

Good luck.

[url="http://www.groupon.com/north-jersey/deals/novogolf"]http://www.groupon.c.../deals/novogolf[/url]

Gonna do you guys a favor. Look what I found.You can send over what you save. I take paypal only :rolleyes:

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

Awesome, thanks man! I will buy you a beer.
[quote name='squishyy' timestamp='1311643587' post='3423500']
[url="http://www.groupon.com/north-jersey/deals/novogolf"]http://www.groupon.c.../deals/novogolf[/url]

Gonna do you guys a favor. Look what I found.You can send over what you save. I take paypal only :rolleyes:
[/quote]

[quote name='Scuderia' timestamp='1311300226' post='3412934']
[quote name='navin007' timestamp='1310657806' post='3390891']
[/quote]
[/quote]

All hype....been there done that. novo is the best and i've been to them all. No affiliation at all just a really happy customer. If I could invest, I would in a second.

Good luck.
[/quote]

All hype? Hype from where? They have the same technology as novo, a great fitting system, and they build great clubs. What more can you ask?

Driver fitting is $100, and irons are $150 and that is applicable to the purchase price of the item. It's not cheap by any means........but all hype??????

I went up to Hot Stix last week and worked with Pete Schiller. Great fitting, really learned a lot, not just about equipment but my golf swing's effect on the ball (specifically angle of attack). It was great to see what a good, boring ball flight looked like vs. the balloons I was hitting with my own stuff. I'd highly suggest them.

[quote name='squishyy' timestamp='1311643587' post='3423500']

[/quote]

Sweeeet deal. I have been waiting until I saved enough for clubs until I booked a fitting, but this deal was to good to turn down!
I owe you a beer too! Just bought the Groupon :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='navin007' timestamp='1310593613' post='3389069']
Thanks I will give them a call. [quote name='johnnybogey' timestamp='1310592115' post='3389013']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Definitely consider FuZion golf at Drive 495. FuZion is the leader in club fitting. they use trackman and have all brands. The club fitter is Kevin Walker, the President of the Company (which is otherwise based in Florida). He is a PGA pro as well and former director of Golf at Doral and former Top 100 teaching pro. Hard to find a more knowledgeable or more competent person.

This is written for a wider general interest audience than GolfWRX readers, but here's my experience at Hot Stix's new location in Rye Brook, NY., which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

http://www.metro.us/newyork/comment/article/948377--hot-stix-fitting-get-your-golf-clubs-dialed-in-like-a-tour-pro--page0

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='drpino' timestamp='1310619803' post='3390014']
Give Tim @ Metro Custom Golf a call: [url="http://www.metrocustomgolf.com/ContactUs.aspx"]http://www.metrocust.../ContactUs.aspx[/url]
[/quote]

Nice, close to my work. Hopefully his prices are a bit more reasonable than NY Golf Center for club building.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='navin007' timestamp='1317655471' post='3618803']
I ended up trying novogolf. One thing I learned was not to try and get fitted for everything (irons, woods, driver) at the same time. You get tired. Overall wasn't worth the money at all. I hit my old irons better than the new ones! I will try another place now.
[/quote]

Didn't even see your post until after I posted mine. Whoops. I'm really surprised you had a bad experience with these guys. Who did your fitting? I know bill the owner as another wrxer made the introduction and if there's one thing these guys know, it's customer service. I was fit outdoors prior to their dream center with bill and absolutley love my clubs. Would do it again 100 times
over. If you haven't already, call your fitter and let him know what's going on. I'm sure they will help you. Good luck and keep us posted.

I didn't say bad experience. It was just trying 5 different clubs and picking one. Could have done that at golfsmith for free!. Also the stock shaft iron was what I tried and it was good. I was told that another shaft would be better (some steelfiber thing). It didn't turn out that way, feel like a piece of spring and goes less distance! Not to mention it cost almost twice :-)
Anyways I will try another fitting place while I will be in California next week. Will let you guys know how it goes.
[quote name='Fanatic' timestamp='1317900758' post='3632949']
[quote name='navin007' timestamp='1317655471' post='3618803']
I ended up trying novogolf. One thing I learned was not to try and get fitted for everything (irons, woods, driver) at the same time. You get tired. Overall wasn't worth the money at all. I hit my old irons better than the new ones! I will try another place now.
[/quote]

Didn't even see your post until after I posted mine. Whoops. I'm really surprised you had a bad experience with these guys. Who did your fitting? I know bill the owner as another wrxer made the introduction and if there's one thing these guys know, it's customer service. I was fit outdoors prior to their dream center with bill and absolutley love my clubs. Would do it again 100 times
over. If you haven't already, call your fitter and let him know what's going on. I'm sure they will help you. Good luck and keep us posted.
[/quote]