2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MizunoTour Van?

Does Mizuno have a Tour Van? I was on there site and they have 4 guys on tour. Luke, Charles, Byrd on PGA & Chris wood on the European Tour. With maybe the best irons and now IMO the best wedge I would think they would hdbe more Tour players . I could have swore I have seen a huge blue tour trailer but what for. I also thought that I see more than just a few wearing Mizuno hats and visors on tour . Did Mizuno just drop a bunch of guys? Chris wood was with Titleist for yrs as a amaturer and for 2 yrs after he went pro. Anyone know the deal with this.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I saw it was at the Phoenix open last year and it is more like a tour horse trailer, seriously its definatley one of the smallest out there but they do have one.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Having such great irons you would think they would have more players. My brother just told me that Mizuno irons are played by alot of players but they are not paid to play them by mizuno so there is no record of it . I guess when you have a great product you don't have to pay guys to play your equipment. Off this subject , the new T 11 wedge is probably the best wedge I have ever played. Great feel, great sole that is grest in sand and in hard pan also the best stopping power of any wedge I have tried since the groove rule change. I

You are correct. If there were a sudden change of policy and pay for play on tour went away you would see a whole lot of guys with different bags. Companies like Mizuno, Adams, Scratch etc would all get more play. The pay for play/sponsorship thing is why I dont get hung up with what the tour guys are playing.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Mizuno have a massive Tour van in europe. If you watched The Open, pretty much every shot of the range you could see the Mizuno van.

Callaway - Rogue ST Max LS - Tensei AV Blue 65s

TaylorMade - Sim Ti 5w - Tensei AV Blue 75s

Titleist - 23* 816H2 - Aldila Rogue Silver 85s

Bridgestone - J15CB 5-Pw - S300

Mizuno - T22 Copper 52, 56 & 60 Wedges - S400

Toulon - Madison

Titleist - ProV1x Left Dash

If you are talking about the European Tour Mizuno has upwards of 10 players more like 15 this year contracted, Mizuno is the official Tour Van for the European tour and is available to all players and is at every event in Continental Europe, an example being Colin Montgomerie uses the van a lot as Yonex do not have a tour presence. Mizuno was the first equipment company to have a tour van and continues to be a main stay on the European Tour. With only 3 or 4 players contracted on the PGA Tour it doesn't make sense to have a large van, obviously the sums involved in contracting players are greater and Mizuno has gone with a quality over quantity approach.

[quote name='SGHGOLF' timestamp='1310977931' post='3400382']
If you are talking about the European Tour Mizuno has upwards of 10 players more like 15 this year contracted, Mizuno is the official Tour Van for the European tour and is available to all players and is at every event in Continental Europe, an example being Colin Montgomerie uses the van a lot as Yonex do not have a tour presence. Mizuno was the first equipment company to have a tour van and continues to be a main stay on the European Tour. With only 3 or 4 players contracted on the PGA Tour it doesn't make sense to have a large van, obviously the sums involved in contracting players are greater and Mizuno has gone with a quality over quantity approach.
[/quote]
Spot on mate.

The Mizuno van is the "go to" van on the European Tour. If you don't have an equipment contract or if your sponsor doesn't have a van, you go to Mizuno.

I've even known some players use the Mizuno guys even though they're sonsored by another OEM.

[quote name='mihi4' timestamp='1310980995' post='3400409']
Check out http://mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2330 !!
[/quote]
Great link mate. More OEM's should be doing this.

[quote name='Joshuella' timestamp='1310982870' post='3400423']
Here's a couple more links.

Mizuno workshop
http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/tour/inside_the_workshop.php

Workshop Open Diary (some great pics here)
http://mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3010
[/quote]
Thanks this is more like it! But why is it Americans font want to play what's best. Mizuno irons even the game improvements are better than TM's best offerings. Players would give up better equip to fry a paycheck to play lesser equipment???

This can be summed by this comment:

Most of the "paid guys" are not endorsing a product - they're endorsing a CHECK...........

Apart from all the white paint, some of TMAG's stuff actually looks pretty decent.

Mizuno, however, does things in a very quiet, efficient manner. No "beating the chest" and loudly screaming as per the high profile companies.

[quote name='Dillinger' timestamp='1311003060' post='3401098']

Mizuno workshop
[url="http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/tour/inside_the_workshop.php"]http://golf.mizunoeu...he_workshop.php[/url]

[url="http://mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3010"]http://mizunoforum.c....php?f=2&t=3010[/url]
[/quote]
Thanks this is more like it! But why is it Americans font want to play what's best. Mizuno irons even the game improvements are better than TM's best offerings. Players would give up better equip to fry a paycheck to play lesser equipment???
[/quote]

Mizuno workshop
[url="http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/tour/inside_the_workshop.php"]http://golf.mizunoeu...he_workshop.php[/url]

[url="http://mizunoforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3010"]http://mizunoforum.c....php?f=2&t=3010[/url]
[/quote]
[/quote]

again like everything just because you think they are the best, doesn't mean they are for everyone, all the equipment made today is great.. and money talks always has.....

long time mizuno fan as most of the clubs in my history were mizuno and my screen name is from them , but calling other companies equipment inferior doesn't stack up today ....

[quote name='Mizgoodie' timestamp='1311084638' post='3404039']

Mizuno workshop

[/quote]
[/quote]

You are correct this is just my opinion. I do think TM has the best driver and Mizzy has the best irons . But you are correct there is nothing bad out there.

again like everything just because you think they are the best, doesn't mean they are for everyone, all the equipment made today is great.. and money talks always has.....

long time mizuno fan as most of the clubs in my history were mizuno and my screen name is from them , but calling other companies equipment inferior doesn't stack up today ....
[/quote]

Everything in this business goes in cycles. There was a time where Mizuno was very aggressive with player endorsements. During that time period there was also more companies offering a forged iron. With less competition, Mizuno is probably less compelled to be aggressive. They will probably pay top tiered players modestly and stay away from the fringe professionals.

The Mizuno trailer has been the same size for years. You have to remember that before the equipment companies had these massive tractor trailors a ton of private/ multi-line trailers where on tour; i.e. Mitchell Golf. Mizuno was the first equipment company to have a full time trailer or van (technically it was a gutted Winebego). Every equipment company used the same Featherlite 24 or 30 foot trailer. Now they have rolling living rooms! As one of the posts above had mentioned , I think you would see alot of the "smaller" companies have more of a tour presence if the "big" guys stopped the tee up money! Companies like Mizuno, Bridgestone, Adams, and Scratch would really come into there own. But as I was told by the VP of Tour Operations at Bridgestone one time,"We don't need everyone to play our equipment, we want the right people to play our equipment."

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya Chrome 6TF5 

3 Wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 w/ PX Evenflow Blue 6.5

Hybrid: Fourteen Prototype 2 iron Bent to 20* w/ UST Mamiya Proto 125 X

Irons: Fourteen FH1000 4-PW 1*Strong/1*Up w/ KBS $Taper S+ +1/2

GW: Fourteen RM12 - 50/10   w/ KBS $Taper S+ +1/2

SW:  Fourteen RM12 – 54.5/10.5   w/ KBS 610 130 +1/2

LW:  Fourteen RM12 - 59/9   w/ KBS 610 130 +1/2

Putter: Odyssey 1W Milled / EVNROLL ER2 @ 34”,4* & 71* w/ Ionmic Mid Size

Ball: Taking Applications For Open Position !!! 

[quote name='pccasstpro' timestamp='1311362284' post='3414812']
The Mizuno trailer has been the same size for years. You have to remember that before the equipment companies had these massive tractor trailors a ton of private/ multi-line trailers where on tour; i.e. Mitchell Golf. Mizuno was the first equipment company to have a full time trailer or van (technically it was a gutted Winebego). Every equipment company used the same Featherlite 24 or 30 foot trailer. Now they have rolling living rooms! As one of the posts above had mentioned , I think you would see alot of the "smaller" companies have more of a tour presence if the "big" guys stopped the tee up money! Companies like Mizuno, Bridgestone, Adams, and Scratch would really come into there own. But as I was told by the VP of Tour Operations at Bridgestone one time,"We don't need everyone to play our equipment, we want the right people to play our equipment."
[/quote]

Mizuno is a huge sporting goods company in Japan who can well afford to pay big tee it up dollars, so I wouldn't link them in with the "smaller" companies because they choose not to pay a lot of players to play their equipment. Bridgestone is a large company as well, just not that big as a "Golf" division of Bridgestone. If the parent companies of these two wanted to they could buy a presence on the PGA Tour.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

[quote name='pga43' timestamp='1311363721' post='3414879']
[quote name='pccasstpro' timestamp='1311362284' post='3414812']
[/quote]

Mizuno is a huge sporting goods company in Japan who can well afford to pay big tee it up dollars, so I wouldn't link them in with the "smaller" companies because they choose not to pay a lot of players to play their equipment. Bridgestone is a large company as well, just not that big as a "Golf" division of Bridgestone. If the parent companies of these two wanted to they could buy a presence on the PGA Tour.

Greg

[/quote]

I apologize , I should have used the term "smaller presence" . But one of the points which was intended, knowing how large both Mizuno and Bridgestone are worldwide, is that they choose not to play the "tee up money " game. This , in my mind, allows them to focus on a core group of players and a few unsponsored players who want to play the equipment that they choose.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya Chrome 6TF5 

3 Wood: Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 w/ PX Evenflow Blue 6.5

Hybrid: Fourteen Prototype 2 iron Bent to 20* w/ UST Mamiya Proto 125 X

Irons: Fourteen FH1000 4-PW 1*Strong/1*Up w/ KBS $Taper S+ +1/2

GW: Fourteen RM12 - 50/10   w/ KBS $Taper S+ +1/2

SW:  Fourteen RM12 – 54.5/10.5   w/ KBS 610 130 +1/2

LW:  Fourteen RM12 - 59/9   w/ KBS 610 130 +1/2

Putter: Odyssey 1W Milled / EVNROLL ER2 @ 34”,4* & 71* w/ Ionmic Mid Size

Ball: Taking Applications For Open Position !!! 

I love mizuno blades as well but I have a problem with the whole guys play clubs for paychecks argument. Basically if the guys on tour have 1 good week they could make way more money than they make the entire year with sponsorships. If they really believed that other equipment would help them play better than I think that they would go ahead and use that equipment to make a bigger playing check. I feel like the difference in technology between most companies very very small. Although some players would prefer the look or feel of a certain club I don't think it would make them play better otherwise they would use that equipment and more than make up for the loss of sponsorship money with bigger playing paychecks. I think most players know it doesn't really make a difference in playing performance so they say why not pick up some extra cash and play for a sponsor. In my opinion shafts and ball choice have a MUCH bigger influence on playing performance than heads do. Just my 2 cents. Hit em well today guys!!!!

TM Stealth+ 9* VENTUS TR BLUE 
TM Stealth 2+ 16.5* VENTUS BLACK 
SRIXON ZK MK II UTILITY 3 IRON NIPPON GOST 

SRIXON ZX MK II UTILITY 4 IRON DG TI 120

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

CLEVELAND RTX 6 ZIPCORE TOUR RACK 52*

ARTISAN CUSTUM 56* 60* DG TI 
TOUR RAT PROTO