2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Big Break VI thread

bjackson

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand Bri but she did play 2 good holes last night.

I don't think the golf channel makes her out to be a shrew - I think she is just a shrew. I just don't get how guys think she is hot? Shes not ugly, but Hot? No

Am I the only one who noticed on the Big Break VII commercial / teaser that they showed a picture of Bri. To me this indicates that she loses next week.

The same commercial also showed Eduardo and Tommy Gainey so it looks like it will be watchable.

Todd

Personally, I think they (TGC) make Bri out to look bad. Her parents were both diagnosed cancer about a month apart. That's a pretty humbling and emotional experience...I can't see how anybody can be a b*tch or shrew after going through something like that. ;) And from what I understand she's a pretty funny and outgoing person...besides the fact that her co-contestants seem to like her. That has to speak about what type of person she is, doesn't it? JMHO.

double d dave donatello was probably the best big breaker i can recall though he obviously did not win. probably a few others that could really play that got knocked off early in shows that did not win either.....just can't recall.

First off, love the big break and Gavin's insights are priceless. Some of the behind the scenes really gives you an insight that these people aren't playing for 1 hour for each show. Also, things like the crew changing carts and forgetting to give people back their rangefinder, etc.

Now, per the great DD - if I remember he got screwed in his final match where his ball rolled under a camera for the show or something and he got a poor ruling by the official. Does anyone remember exactly what happened?

Gavin update.....

He shot 74 (+3).

Tied for 32nd

Leader was a 67

There are 14 cards up for grabs. He needs to stay within 8 shots of 14th place after 3 rounds to make the final round.

Good job Gavin....All the best

Unfortunately, Gavin didn't make it...

After opening with 74, he shot 71, 76 to finish T44.

Final Results

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

I wanted Albert to win BAD! He has been off of the show for a while but still, it would've been awesome with somebody as um...different as him. If I swung left hand low, I would tear every muscel in my left side! Bri is a good golfer, but I think she fits in more at the nail salon than a golf course. She could probally kick my but in a round but still. I saw the same teaser that augiep38 saw and that kinda gave it away. They are pretty " not thinking" at TGC. Even though they might be kinda "not thinking" I am addicted to it and watch at least 3 hours a day of it. At least is the key word there. I am a kid that watched cartoons, but I haven't watched anything of the such since about 1 year ago when we got the golf channel. So they must not be "thinking" at the golf channel, the person who set up the commercial timing isn't! lol l jkjkjk

Am I the only one who noticed on the Big Break VII commercial / teaser that they showed a picture of Bri. To me this indicates that she loses next week.

The same commercial also showed Eduardo and Tommy Gainey so it looks like it will be watchable.

Todd

Yea, I saw this too. And either TGC is stupid - or they they are being clever by showing her to throw people off.

Personally, I am disappointed that VII will basically be the rejects - I am not that fired up about it no matter which characters they get back.

All the guys like BRI because she's

A: Tanner than shoe leather

B: Former Vicky Secrets employee

C: She has been properly fitted for an amply filled brassiere

D: She plays golf and (A + B + C)

Poor knock off of Salma Hayek or Lynda Carter.

She's not bad...don't get me wrong. She's better than Natalie Gulbis but no Salma.

It has come to my attention that any half decent looking, big boobed, girl that plays golf gets a 2-3 pt spot on a scale of 1-10. Pretty good assessment don't you think?

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

It seems to be pretty clear everyone is favoring Bri to win. Anyone know why Bridget isn't popular amongst the other contestants? The way the show has portrayed Bri, I thought it would be her that isn't favored.

I've also been wondering why the other female contestants seem to be routing for Bri or Bridget (at least Sarah, Rachel, and Ashley - the other 3 Futures Tour players). Makes me wonder if Bridget has done something on the D.F.T. to piss off the other ladies.

Spoilers below. Don't click if you haven't seen the 11/28 episode:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I think Bridget is great at the head games. She clearly knew how to throw Bri off with a little slow play and the pin pull request. No way that was accidental. Won't do much good in stroke play, but she's using it to her advantage in this match play. It also makes me wonder if Bri has the emotional stamina for the next level. She was still upset about the pin pull request in the post-round interview. If she is serious about improving her game, she should seriously consider a mental coach. But Bri was dead solid before she let Bridget crawl under her skin. And after that, she just hurt herself.

As for Jeff and Denny, I am shocked at Jeff's complete collapse. It will take a miracle for him to pull off the win now.

They showed the same BB VII commercial last night and BRI is in it. I must assume the Bridget wins. As much as I like to Look at Bri she is the better player.

Jeff has totally lost it. As bad as Denny seems to Putt, he is just hitting much better shots tee to green.

The next episode will be a downer for me.

As for BB VII, as much as I do not like the idea of a loser show, I am sure I will watch. Nothing better on TV anyhow.

I saw the same commerical everyone else has mentioned for the next BB, and yes it seemed to spoil the suspense for me. Okay, not really suspense but you get the idea.

I've enjoyed the insights that Gavin has provided about the show, maybe we can contact the upcoming contestants and get one to do the same each week after the show airs. It would be our own "insider show" like TGC had on a couple of the previous BB.

What is up with Bri not being able to tend the flag when she was a foot away from it?

Bridgette could have really gotten her fired up if she would of chosen better wording for reminding her that she had given her that putt. She should of said "Hey dumbass - I said it was good"

That would of made for great TV. A poor spoiled whiney kid who seems to have had everything handed to her going nuclear would be great entertainment. Maybe she would of even broke down and cried when she realized she will be working at Target for the rest of her life or at least until she marries into money.

Todd

What is up with Bri not being able to tend the flag when she was a foot away from it?

Bridgette could have really gotten her fired up if she would of chosen better wording for reminding her that she had given her that putt. She should of said "Hey dumbass - I said it was good"

That would of made for great TV. A poor spoiled whiney kid who seems to have had everything handed to her going nuclear would be great entertainment. Maybe she would of even broke down and cried when she realized she will be working at Target for the rest of her life or at least until she marries into money.

Todd

I was thinking the same thing. What planet is Bri from to get pissed off because someone asked her to take the pin out? Their are no caddies on the show and even though it is competitive golf it is still all about etiquette and how you handle yourself on a golf course. I hope we have not reached a part in our society that punk attitudes are now showing up on the golf course. Bri had already holed out (she was given the putt) she should not let that bother her, never mind complain later about it. I am rooting for Bridgette now after that. Bri seems like a little princess b-i-t-c-h.

-Steve

Todd

I was thinking the same thing. What planet is Bri from to get pissed off because someone asked her to take the pin out? Their are no caddies on the show and even though it is competitive golf it is still all about etiquette and how you handle yourself on a golf course. I hope we have not reached a part in our society that punk attitudes are now showing up on the golf course. Bri had already holed out (she was given the putt) she should not let that bother her, never mind complain later about it. I am rooting for Bridgette now after that. Bri seems like a little princess b-i-t-c-h.

-Steve

She didn't hear Bridget concede the putt. I didn't either on the video. I've never played competitive golf, but I would assume that you wouldn't want to (or be expected to) tend the pin while you still had a putt to think about. However, I'm not sure why she was still so pissy about it in the post-round interview (i.e., once she found out that Briget had conceded the putt). I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that her response wasn't so catty in the context of the whole conversation with the interviewer. For example, maybe the clip they showed was prefaced by "At the time I thought I still had to putt" . . . (and then the clip they showed) . . . "and I'm not her friggin caddy.

I also would like to know whether, before that hole, anyone of the other competitors had been tending the pin for their opposition. (and it wasn't even really tending, it was just pulling the pin.)

She was not asked to tend the pin. She was asked to pull the pin out. IMO pulling the pin out (when you are standing there to begin with) is not a big deal. It would not get me pissed off. Bri thought it was beneath her to do it.

Yeah, that's why I think there had to be more to it. If not, it seems awfully petty of Bri.