2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Is this place better than BSG?

DrawDaBall

I used to go to B SG to read all about new golf equipment and to ask questions. I joined Golfwrx awhile back, maybe a year and a half ago, but never did alot of posting. After all the recent hubub over there, deleted posts, banned members, basically a dictatorship like regime. I didn't get in on any of the frey, and didn't contribute to the mess, but after seeing what kinda people run that board, and what they did to some innocent people comments, I am looking for elsewhere to go. A friend told me you guys have better tour pics, and get equipment pics faster over here anyways. I am not trying to start anything here, just looking for a better place to find golf equipment info. I don't want to bash them, they have good info on alot of equipment from alot of people, but the way that place is run has alot to be desired. I hear Golfwrx is the new king in town. I will stay aboard and check it out more often....... Nice site.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to go to B SG to read all about new golf equipment and to ask questions. I joined Golfwrx awhile back, maybe a year and a half ago, but never did alot of posting. After all the recent hubub over there, deleted posts, banned members, basically a dictatorship like regime. I didn't get in on any of the frey, and didn't contribute to the mess, but after seeing what kinda people run that board, and what they did to some innocent people comments, I am looking for elsewhere to go. A friend told me you guys have better tour pics, and get equipment pics faster over here anyways. I am not trying to start anything here, just looking for a better place to find golf equipment info. I don't want to bash them, they have good info on alot of equipment from alot of people, but the way that place is run has alot to be desired. I hear Golfwrx is the new king in town. I will stay aboard and check it out more often....... Nice site.

Look around and see for yourself...I think you will like what you see. For the most part pretty laid back..no hype, just the facts....all of which takes some getting used to if you have an itchy Paypal finger :) :)

another nice thing here is that the views and opinions aren't biased/influenced/moderated just because certain companies are sponsors.

only downside - you'll be a lot poorer cause you won't be able to resist the BST section :)

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

welcome DDB :)

I am an addict after only a short time. If you love golf and golf talk than you have found your place. As long as honest people conduct themselves like golfers are supposed to then we wont ever have a problem. Golf is still a gentlemans game and I believe thats what this site has to offer. Everyone willing to give great advice and in just a few of my dealings there are poeple on here that are more than gentlemen. I welcome you and wish you the best in your golf quests.

I joined GolfWrx a few months ago (about the same time I joined BSG) and haven't used GolfWrx that much to be honest. However after some time I have realised how BSG is completely sales orientated. So many raving reviews about Ozik shafts (that cost a fortune) that have hardly any representation on tour. It was Ozik this, Ozik that. Pi#@ed me right off. It seems to me they just review what they want to sell - £7000 for a set of custom fit iron shafts with your name on.

I'm looking forward to getting right into Golf Wrx now. I have heard there is more of a forum personallity and superb tour pictures so BSG is officially deleted from my bookmarks and replaced by GolfWrx.

Welcome to You all! :)

GolfWrx is the best and nicest place to hang out. Good and friendly atmosphere :)

I still check in on BSG now and then - been a member there for a few years.

But it seems that their focus has changed to be strictly business-oriented.

cheers,

Soeren

My bag
TM SIM2 Max driver, G425 Max woods, Titleist 818 hybrid, Srixon Z565 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Yes Tracy III putter

Welcome to the site. I used to be a member on BSG (till I got banned till like 2045 for asking about people who weren't sponsors. LOL) You'll love this site. We have tons ofgreat people and all the info you will ever need to know. Just be warned....it is addicting. I know I know spend about 10 hours a day on here. LOL

Have fun and enjoy. I know you will enjoy the swith from BSG to Golfwrx.

-CHRIS-

besides golfwrx having mods that only censor you on personal attacks and language, and not your opinions, is that golfwrx is not "upgrading" its server as much or as often as the other site.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I am still a member os BSG, but I haven't made a post over there in months now since I started posting here more frequently. My main thing is it seems that you have to tip-toe around with what you say and you aren't always sure if your opinion will get you banned for umpteen thousand years. I thought a forum was where you could express your thoughts and that is why I feel that GolfWRX is better as we are all very civil here and not brainwashed by certain people and products.

Let's all keep this site running like it is! :)

"Upgrading the server" really means "we're removing all evidence that Tom Wishon was ever here and slapped my dick silly" :)

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade SIM 2  
3W: Honma TR21  
4-6: Honma TR-21V  

7-10: Honma TR21B  
52*: Vokey 52F
58*: Vokey 58D
64*: Vokey 64M (62 bent to 64)
Putter: Depends on the day and which ones are in time out
Ball: ProV1x

You get scoops faster here as well as better pics. Add the fact that The 'Squad has lost more than a few of their top posters...including some mods and you have your answer.

You also don't have someone bumping their own sales threads every hour because he wants to sell you a paint job for $200 extra. Nor do you have about half of the new posts being from mods/admins with an agenda.

I could go further into my dealings with them, but that would make this about 5000 lines longer.

I don't think it's an either-or situation (unless you have been banned), and I am very happy that we have both BSG and GolfWRX.

GolfWRX is different from BSG, but I like to read posts on both.

BSG has a much greater tour-spec equipment focus than here. It is also a site run by guys who sell their equipment and services to the members, so the slant is toward the stuff they like. Nothing wrong with that, everything I have gotten from them has performed as advertised.

Both places have tons of information about all aspects of golf, from equipment to the golf swing to course management to fitness, etc., etc., etc.

My personal approach is to read stuff on both boards and take what I can use and leave the stuff that doesn't work for me behind.

You get scoops faster here as well as better pics. Add the fact that The 'Squad has lost more than a few of their top posters...including some mods and you have your answer.

You also don't have someone bumping their own sales threads every hour because he wants to sell you a paint job for $200 extra. Nor do you have about half of the new posts being from mods/admins with an agenda.

I could go further into my dealings with them, but that would make this about 5000 lines longer.

Derek is correct. The scoops come faster here and the pictures are better (thanks Deon - Springbok!). Our Houston group was "banned" for having an unauthorized outing with local golf shop "sponsors". We now have our own dedicated chat and thread where we can be ourselves. GolfWRX is a healthy site. The only downside is that your BST for your used OZIK won't move as fast (right Keith?).

-Drew

WRX is a great site all by itself, it doesn't need to be compared to other sites. I was a member of the other site and for a while it was a good site. We had some fun there. For some reason that all changed to what it is today. I understand that it is a business but if that is the case why put up the facade that it is a golf board where you can post opinions and ideas? It got to the point that when someone posted a question about equipment and you responded with an opinion, that opinion was declared wrong and uninformed. All questons regarding equipment were directed to PM the owners as if they were the only authority on the subject. That hardly creates open and free discourse.

The site is free, so you were told everytime you challenged a response. On this board I have yet to see that thrown in someone's face. The only way you get to express your feelings is by spending large sums of money on equipment that you had better post glowing reviews on. Frankly, (tee hee) I grew tired of reading the same reviews with different names under them. How many times can I read about how a club added 20 yards, took out the left side of the fairway (BTW, what is wrong with the left side of the fairway? Play Harbour Town, you will appreciate the left side of the fairway on occasion) and how X driver hit high flat bombs that hit the ground running. Oh lord I hate that line, especially when two weeks later that high flat hitting bomber was on BST.

This site is civil, informative and offers all the info I ask for and then some.

I may not post often here but this is the only golf site I visit.

Thanks

Sincerely

Dante V Halverson

WRX is a great site all by itself, it doesn't need to be compared to other sites. I was a member of the other site and for a while it was a good site. We had some fun there. For some reason that all changed to what it is today. I understand that it is a business but if that is the case why put up the facade that it is a golf board where you can post opinions and ideas? It got to the point that when someone posted a question about equipment and you responded with an opinion, that opinion was declared wrong and uninformed. All questons regarding equipment were directed to PM the owners as if they were the only authority on the subject. That hardly creates open and free discourse.

The site is free, so you were told everytime you challenged a response. On this board I have yet to see that thrown in someone's face. The only way you get to express your feelings is by spending large sums of money on equipment that you had better post glowing reviews on. Frankly, (tee hee) I grew tired of reading the same reviews with different names under them. How many times can I read about how a club added 20 yards, took out the left side of the fairway (BTW, what is wrong with the left side of the fairway? Play Harbour Town, you will appreciate the left side of the fairway on occasion) and how X driver hit high flat bombs that hit the ground running. Oh lord I hate that line, especially when two weeks later that high flat hitting bomber was on BST.

This site is civil, informative and offers all the info I ask for and then some.

I may not post often here but this is the only golf site I visit.

Thanks

Sincerely

Dante V Halverson

You are the second most famous Dante I know - next to Dante Pastorini. Luv Ya Blue!

-Drew

I have been on golf sites and message boards for the past 10 years or more. It started with the SCFC Yahoo site, which some of you may not even know about. What happened there is what is happening at BSG. Greed takes over at a point and ruins the site. The owners of the sites realize that they can make a lot of money by selling items and hyping them to the members. Some people decide to stay and spend lots of money and get the respect of the members and the love of the owners. The problem is that it is all BS used to sell product at a high price. As long as this site remains a place of honest and informed discussions, it will be the best site. I just hope it does not follow in the path of the SCFC and BSG.

Thanks again for this great site guys!

When I first joined the "other site" I saw many of the names that came over to create WRX. I read, learned, and came to respect the opinions of a lot of posters that are now banned "over there." I also did my fair share of business with people on both boards.

As WRX continues to grow, the "other site" has continued to clamp down on open and honest debate. The Tom Wishon incident wouldn't be nearly so transparent were it not for the fact that we have his UNEDITED original response and not the one that he cleaned up. He claims to have been misquoted. But like the threats he has made to some of his banned members, we have our evidence as well.

Looking back at that place, I now realize that it was the community that I enjoyed. I am glad that I am not the only person that posted on both boards and am delighted that more of the "old school" posters keep making their way over to WRX. This place has the sense of comraderie and passion for golf that was once prevalent at the "other site" before it became a non-stop infomercial for Ozik, Adams, and any other brand that El Hefe cared to peddle.

I have also found that there is nothing (including LIME GREEN) that cannot be had through another source. The only exclusive items over there are $1000 fittings, $300/hr consultations, and $150 certifications. I am interested in none of the above.

At some point, people will realize it's not the site, but the site owner that is the issue over there. I would like to thank GolfWRX for heading in a different direction. It is appreciated.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I truly believe anyone who spends a reasonable amount of time here will learn that GolfWRX is simply the best on the internet for all things golf.

I'm a member on other boards, but this is the only one recieves my loyalty and appreciation. Personally, I'm thrilled to read that others are 'discovering' GolfWRX.

We are certainly thrilled to have you and your honest contributions to all discussions....not just positive opinions about really expensive equipment.

On a personal note, I've imposed my own 'ban' on the other site. It's the only way I know to express my discontent...like a restaraunt that provides poor service or food---I just don't go there anymore.