2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Project X PXv Tour 52

[quote name='Elpresidente' timestamp='1358195970' post='6227145']
AHA ok but i want to see exact specs and if there will be more weight ranges like TOUR ISSUE blue one. I love it how straight it is and the only problem i have is the lack of feel.
[/quote]

Ah, I totally understand where you are coming from with that. I'm actually getting some conflicting, or rather confusing musings on that. Apparently Callaway are putting a version of this in their new X Hot Pro Driver, that is available in heavier weights as the flex stiffens. But I have just had a conversation from someone at True Temper/Project X, who are saying the Tour 52 is the same flex at the butt as the Tour Issue Blue models you refer to. However, I went to see my fitter today and we tested the cpm (butt flex) of new Tour 52 in a 6.0, and a Tour issue 6c12, and a 6.0 OEM PX Graphite (Blue) models, and we found that the CPM (Butt Flex) of the new Tour 52 to be significantly less than the previous Blue generation models. We also put all 3 shafts into a Cally Razr fit head, and hit them all, and we both agreed the Tour 52 to be far softer/smoother in transition. I think another poster alluded to this too earlier in the thread. Take that how you like I guess, it was just our own particular findings from a CPM machine and our own swings. I have also been told that PX will actually be launching even lighter models in due course!!

Hope that hasn't confused you more?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this may help a little. Its all I have atm I'm afraid.

Weight Flex Torque Butt Diameter Raw Length Ball Flight Parallel Tip Trim Code
50 S (5.5) 4.2 d 0.600 in 46 in Low-Mid 3 in W7
52 S+ (6.0) 4.0 d 0.600 in 46 in Low-Mid 3 in W7
54 X (6.5) 3.7 d 0.600 in 46 in Low-Mid 3 in W7
56 X+ (7.0) 3.5 d 0.610 in 46 in Low-Mid 3 in W7

[quote name='golftinker' timestamp='1358219921' post='6229987']
Anyone know how the Fuel 60 compare to the PXv Tour 52? I like that the Fuel is pretty straight in some of the reviews and the PXV Tour 52 soft and smooth .
[/quote]

Extremely good question. I would think that butt feeling would be fairly similar flex for flex, and both fairly firm in the tip, so pretty similar I would think. Just a guess though. I do know the Fuel Tour Spec is an extremely stout shaft, even stouter than the 6.2 TS apparently. Though static figures may suggest otherwise. I would think a better comparison would be between the PX Tour 52 and 6.3 TS. Though of course, its the light weight of the PX Tour 52 that really distinguishes it. My fitter said something that I could relate to. He said its very hard to put a label on the PX Tour 52, its hard to compare it with anything else on the market.

[quote name='titleistfan69' timestamp='1358328870' post='6238137']
Those who have tried it what is the distance like compared to tyour older shaft. Did you see an increase in distance or accuracy? I currently use a 6.2 ts and love it but how is a 52 gram shaft, like does it have advantages?

thanks
[/quote]

Hiya

I know its probably not much help to say this, but in answer to your question, it is probably very much down to the individual as to whether it has any advantages over the 6.2 TS or any other shaft. I know its easy to say, but it really is best to say, go try it and see. Sorry thats not much help is it? I received mine this morning, and I put it straight into my 913. I haven't hit a ball with it yet, as the weather over here in Scotland is pretty bad at the moment, but I will try a range session later in the week. What I can say is that, just swinginging the club, it doesn't feel unweildy due to the lighter weight, it feels plenty stable, though I did have mine 1/2 inch tipped. But what I am trying to say is that although it feels a tad lighter, of course. Its not like a US Kids club!! Lol.

As to what its like when a ball is put in the way, and whether it passes that acid test, only time will tell. But I will try and get up the range as soon as I can.

I'm really sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but should have something for you over the next couple of days.

I bought the regular X Hot driver and 3w, BOTH w the "propietary" shafts in them
honestly, they feel great in both heads
ball speeds were close to 160 in the driver, spin under 3300rpm (10.5º head too) and LA around the 11.5-12º, w a SS between 103-106mph

i got GREAT numbers w the stock made for offerings
it does feel super smooth as well

I may tip the driver just a hair, maybe 1/2" just to be safe tho
I have always been a fan of the BluBoard in fwy's, so I might toss it in the x hot 3w, just because I have OCD and like my fwy shafts to match - no other reason at all ;)

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Great news you had some excellent results with the propietary shaft.

I wish this snow would melt we are having atm in the UK, I can't get out to try my new PX Tour 52 in my Titleist 913. I know I shouldn't whine really as I know some of you guys over the pond have the snow for months on end. That would drive me to insanity! A week of snow over here, and the whole country comes to a standstill.

But, as soon as I can get up to my local Driving range the better, I will post my findings as soon as I can.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1358797518' post='6271787']

I wish this snow would melt we are having atm in the UK, I can't get out to try my new PX Tour 52 in my Titleist 913. I know I shouldn't whine really as I know some of you guys over the pond have the snow for months on end. That would drive me to insanity! A week of snow over here, and the whole country comes to a standstill.

But, as soon as I can get up to my local Driving range the better, I will post my findings as soon as I can.
[/quote]

Where did you pick up the PX Tour 52 for your Titleist 913?

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Mizuno MP245 4-PW
SM10 Chrome Wedges 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Phantom 9.5

[quote name='Guv280984' timestamp='1358797956' post='6271841']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi

I got it from my Fitter, Jason McNiven at Golf Principles in the UK, and he put a Surefit Adaptor on it for me, tipped it, swingweighted etc, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1358796670' post='6271693']
I bought the regular X Hot driver and 3w, BOTH w the "propietary" shafts in them
ball speeds were close to 160 in the driver, spin under 3300rpm (10.5º head too) and LA around the 11.5-12º, w a SS between 103-106mph

I have always been a fan of the BluBoard in fwy's, so I might toss it in the x hot 3w, just because I have OCD and like my fwy shafts to match - no other reason at all ;)
[/quote]

What flex did you get? I ordered a X Hot Pro 4 wood but ordered the 5.5 which I thought it was "firm" but I see it is probably more like regular since they don't offer a 5.0. I may change to 6.0

My SS is around 100-102 mph

thanks,

[quote name='golf_fanatik' timestamp='1359610809' post='6334851']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1358796670' post='6271693']

[/quote]

What flex did you get? I ordered a X Hot Pro 4 wood but ordered the 5.5 which I thought it was "firm" but I see it is probably more like regular since they don't offer a 5.0. I may change to 6.0

My SS is around 100-102 mph

thanks,
[/quote]

I would personally go with a 6.0, its plenty smooth enough.

[quote name='titleistfan69' timestamp='1358328870' post='6238137']
Those who have tried it what is the distance like compared to tyour older shaft. Did you see an increase in distance or accuracy? I currently use a 6.2 ts and love it but how is a 52 gram shaft, like does it have advantages?

thanks
[/quote]

I put it up against the GD DI-6 and the PX Black 6.0 and the Tour 52 6.0 was longer than both. I think the Black was a hair more accurate, but nothing that I would change for.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1358800173' post='6272079']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi

I got it from my Fitter, Jason McNiven at Golf Principles in the UK, and he put a Surefit Adaptor on it for me, tipped it, swingweighted etc, etc.
[/quote]

Hi,

I got in contact with Jason but he quoted me a bit much, around £260 to include the Titleist SureFit Adaptor.

Will have to keep an eye out and try and pick one up a little cheaper than that

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Mizuno MP245 4-PW

Scotty Phantom 9.5

[quote name='Guv280984' timestamp='1359895243' post='6354029']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1358800173' post='6272079']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi

[/quote]

Hi,

I got in contact with Jason but he quoted me a bit much, around £260 to include the Titleist SureFit Adaptor.

Will have to keep an eye out and try and pick one up a little cheaper than that
[/quote]

Did he really? I got the Titleist adaptor from Macleonard Gold for £35 i think, then paid Jason £210 for the shaft, the assembly, VDR Grip and shipping, so that was £245 in total. Would you like me to have a word with him for you? But I think that £245 would be the best he could do.

But if you want me to have a word with him for you, I would be happy to help. I'm a regular customer of his, so he could probably do it for the same as I paid.

Give me a shout if you like?

Thanks for the offer but I emailed a company called Golf Store Pro in Plymouth who I have dealt with before and they are going to do it all in for £220 including tipping, adaptor and Golf Pride TV grip.

Think that offer might be hard to beat...

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Mizuno MP245 4-PW

Scotty Phantom 9.5

[quote name='Guv280984' timestamp='1359900329' post='6354233']
Thanks for the offer but I emailed a company called Golf Store Pro in Plymouth who I have dealt with before and they are going to do it all in for £220 including tipping, adaptor and Golf Pride TV grip.

[/quote]

I think you may be right, and has given me food for thought as to whether I am getting the best deals.

So here was me, trying to help you out, and you've ended up helping me!! Haha.

Thanks for that. I may have to give them a call when it comes to getting another shaft for my 3 wood!

[/quote]

Would you mind sending me a pm with any phone numbers of that place in Plymouth? I can't find a website for them.

Thanks

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1359901226' post='6354271']

[/quote]

Would you mind sending me a pm with any phone numbers of that place in Plymouth? I can't find a website for them.

Thanks
[/quote]

Here is the website: http://www.golfstorepro.co.uk.

Great guys to deal with and very helpful

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Mizuno MP245 4-PW

Scotty Phantom 9.5

[quote name='Guv280984' timestamp='1359901950' post='6354321']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1359901226' post='6354271']

[/quote]

Thanks
[/quote]

Here is the website: [url="http://www.golfstorepro.co.uk."]http://www.golfstorepro.co.uk.[/url]

Great guys to deal with and very helpful
[/quote]

Thanks for that.

I was looking to re-shaft my 3 wood with a Fujikura fuel, but doesn't look like they have a Fujikura account. But if I contact them, they may still be able to obtain them.

Thanks again.