2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Mizuno Mp 30

dags27

Any thoughts on MP30
I am considering trading my old cobra ss-i set to mizuno mp30. The ss-i that i have have a regular flex while the one i demo is a 6 iron has a DGS300 and i am hitting it really well and very comfortable with it. I hate to trade my cobra ss-i since i hit my hole in one with them and i love the club. I've been to golfreview.com and it has a lot of great reviews but i would like to get more opinions from golfwrx member. Thanks a lot!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MP 30's are nice. I had a set with DGS300's for about a season.

Forgiveness is okay. Suprisingly less forgiving than MP 33's.

Feel is great. Very soft. Not very jarring on off center hits- toe, thins, etc.

Distance is okay- MP33's with the same shafts and 1* weaker lofts (Mizuno specs) were almost a half club longer (4-7 yards).

Very nice clubs overall.

Hi,

I have been playing them for 2 years now and have to say that I like the feel of them and most importantly I have improved my game with them

However for a cavity back they are not as forgiving as one could think and they hit a little lower than blades such as the MP33.

Finally look wize the top line is kinda large, its not that bad cos u get used to it but no set is perfect so I m trying to give u an objective review, but like I said slightly finer top line would have been nice.

Overall a good set of clubs for the better players or players willing to sacrifice a little forgiveness.

You cant go wrong with Mizuno always quality products especially their forging.

Good luck

Love mine, actually traded away one time and drove 50 miles to buy them back :clapping: , I hit these with dgs300 1/2 club longer than anything else. Not as forgiving as other cb but the rewards for well struck shots are awesome. Will play 'em until they wear out...

35371[/snapback]

Great set of clubs but does required a little finer swing!

I think this is my first post, and sorry to be negative, but I think the mp-30 irons are the worst irons mizuno has made. the have the worst feeling of all the forged irons and are hard to hit. they might look the best, I will give them that! hot looking clubs. but they are less forgiving then the blades and have a harsher feel by far.

I have the Cobra Forged SS, and they're great irons which will be infinitely more forging than the MP-30s. W/the MP-60s out, you can probably pick up 30s cheap enough not to have to trade!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

I'm a fan of mine...no complaints as of yet. I can say when you hit them well, nothing feels much better (in the world of cavity backs). I'm a little surprised to read that the MP 33's are more forgiving. Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical, but even my misses with the 30's turn out pretty good....better than misses with the 37's.

For what's it's worth, I even considered trading my 37's for a whole set of 30's. They feel that good and present no problems controlling shape and trajectory.

With the release of the 60's I'm sure you can pick up a set real cheap!

I'm a fan of mine...no complaints as of yet.  I can say when you hit them well, nothing feels much better (in the world of cavity backs).  I'm a little surprised to read that the MP 33's are more forgiving. Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical, but even my misses with the 30's turn out pretty good....better than misses with the 37's.

For what's it's worth, I even considered trading my 37's for a whole set of 30's.  They feel that good and present no problems controlling shape and trajectory. 

With the release of the 60's I'm sure you can pick up a set real cheap!

35989[/snapback]

MP37's are a completely different beast than MP33's. The 37's have reverse offset- more offset in the shorter clubs. Plus, they seem shorter from heel to toe and are designed to be more demanding with a higher COG and lower trajectory. More like a small MP14 than anything else.

I think 37's are the least forgiving of Mizuno's lineup (even though I'm considering a switch to them from my TM 300's).

Great clubs, played them for 2 full years before switching.

Things to look out for.....

Mizuno's tend to put me off a bit because in the short irons and PW they tend to get a bit large and clunky looking compared to the rest of the set.

They fly on a lower trajectory than most other Mizuno's, as well as most other irons in general.

Cavity back sure, but cavity back forgiveness is not all there, I'd put them close to blades in this respect.

Now these are just the 3 negatives I had during my experience. If you even want to call them that, but I had many more positives that outweighed these issues. The only reason I switched is because I simply found a better performing set of irons.

• 5 months later...

Owned a set of mp30s for a while and they're lovely clubs but mp33s look better, feel better and are no less forgiving...

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

I've had mine for one season. Great feel but you do need to put a good swing on the ball. Actually that was one of the reasons I replaced my old "fire & forget" cast cavity backs with these.

A couple of weeks ago I took my MP-30 7 iron to the range and compared it to the MP-60, MX-23, Ping I5, Nike Pro Combo, TM RAC, and a couple of others. None of them felt as good as the 30 and I didn't notice all that much difference in forgiveness. I'll keep the 30's for at least one more season and then do another tryout.

Mizuno's tend to put me off a bit because in the short irons and PW they tend to get a bit large and clunky looking compared to the rest of the set.

They fly on a lower trajectory than most other Mizuno's, as well as most other irons in general.

Cavity back sure, but cavity back forgiveness is not all there, I'd put them close to blades in this respect.

I agree with all the points above. I've played MP30's for three years and just recently bought

735's. I did like the lower trajectory with the MP30's. They are somewhat forgiving but you have

to put a decent swing on the ball. The short irons are just plain ugly. Lots of offset and they just

don't look right, I ended up replacing my PW with a Vokey 48 degree wedge. I have read alot

of people saying that they are the least forgiving Mizuno club (and their CB's).

I've decided with the 32s instead of the 30s. I feel that the 32s are much more easier to hit and more forgiving than the 30s. Talked to one of the mizuno rep, and he said that more people are going with the 32s than the 30s due to easier to hit and more forgiving. But before attaining that info from him, i've already bought the 32s. Thanks for all the inputs!!!