Fitting in the USA in 2019

I am going next year to the usa and I want to do a fitting but I don’t know which are the best.

I fly to Philadelphia and then drive to Atlanta , underway I stop at different places like Washington and Myrtle Beach

What recommendation do you have?

The fitting is for the whole golf bag but at least driver and irons.

Any help and info would be great.

I am not sure if this is the right topic to post in.

Mgwlee

Comments

• abergervtabergervt Members Posts: 205 ✭✭
    You need to find a way to fly to Denver and go see D'lance golf they are truly the best and do not over charge you like the big box fitters like club champion or cool clubs etc.

http://dlancegolf.com/
  • AlmostscratchonceAlmostscratchonce Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    mgwlee wrote:

I am going next year to the usa and I want to do a fitting but I don't know which are the best.

I fly to Philadelphia and then drive to Atlanta , underway I stop at different places like Washington and Myrtle Beach

Mgwlee

If you're a fan of TaylorMade gear, you could stop at the TM Kingdom for a fitting. It would be right on your way between Myrtle and Atlanta (about an hour east of ATL at Reynolds Plantation)
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 822 ✭✭

mgwlee wrote:

I am going next year to the usa and I want to do a fitting but I don't know which are the best.

Mgwlee

If you're a fan of TaylorMade gear, you could stop at the TM Kingdom for a fitting. It would be right on your way between Myrtle and Atlanta (about an hour east of ATL at Reynolds Plantation)

+1 on the above.
  • mgwleemgwlee Members Posts: 64 ✭✭

mgwlee wrote:

Mgwlee

Yes I am a fan off Taylormade gear and that is one location I am thinking about.
  • RBurlRBurl Members Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I would suggest golf in Philly. Then somewhere like DC or Richmond. Make your way to Pinehurst en route to ATL. I think Myrtle would be out of the way.

So many options depending on what you are looking for, access to private clubs, single or group? Message me if you want more details
  • TomWishonTomWishon Sponsors Posts: 3,653 ✭✭
    mgwlee wrote:

Mgwlee

You really do not have to come all the way over here to experience a first class fitting. Right in your country is one of the ten best clubfitters in the whole world. . . . . and I mean that with all sincerity. . .

Marcel is a fully accredited clubmaker/clubfitter from the AGCP (Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals - https://aogcpa.wildapricot.org/

Golf Op Maat

Den Helder, Netherlands

0223 643 720

[email protected]

http://www.golfopmaat.nl
  • PaulCGaffneyPaulCGaffney Members Posts: 90
    If you'll be in Washington I cannot recommend Matt at the Golf Doctor DC enough.

http://www.golfdoctordc.com/

A true professional and very knowledgeable.IT's no wonder that he is a top 100 fitter. Also, if you're looking to do some sightseeing on your trip, his office is right downtown and near all the museums and monuments.
    TM 2017 M1 8.5° - Aldila NV Protopype
    Callaway XR16 4 Wood
    Titleist T-MB 3 Iron
    Adams Super 9031 20°
    Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 54 & 58
    Callaway PM Grind 64°
    Odessey White Hot XG Rossie -or- Scotty Cameron California Sonoma
  • Gamble GambleGamble Gamble #TwistFaceExperience ClubWRX Posts: 3,565 ClubWRX
    mgwlee wrote:

I am going next year to the usa and I want to do a fitting but I don’t know which are the best.

Mgwlee

Club Champion in Philadelphia is very good at fitting. There are some great courses in Philadelphia/NJ you should check out too.
  • 24Linc24Linc Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I would suggest getting fitted by a credible local club fitter. It is not easy to get clubs that are a perfect fit to you and your swing in just 1 fitting session, especially if you are doing the whole bag. The best would be working with a good club fitter and then take your custom clubs on the course a few time, see what you are not satisfied and then do further tweaking with the fitter. The pros on Tour do the same thing in their off season. They will get fit into new clubs, take them on the course then tweak until they are satisfied.