Just bought some Recycled balls anyone used American Reloads?

dizzydog

Sports Authority $9.99. 15 Nike ONE Platinums.

I never tried Nike so I figured its worth giving them a shot. Opened the box and to my surprise about 11 of them look like they have never been hit. The other 4 have been hit maybe a round or so but have marker on them with peoples personal marks. Oh well.

Anyone else do this? I noticed they also sell the Pro V1, HX Tours as well as the B330s in the same type of boxes for $9.99.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I never play "reloaded" balls. You just don't know where they have been, and for how long. Most companies strip the paint off, and re-paint them to make them look nice.

They are not guaranteed to perform like new. I always say, if you can't afford to lose a ball you shouldn't play....or you should play cheaper balls! LOL. They sell them in dozens for a reason.

There are a lot of decent $15/doz balls out there I would rather play than a $10 RELOAD mystery box....

Nike Covert Tour 2.0 - Velox
Nike T60 3w & 5w - Aldila NV
Nike Covert 2.0 or CPR 3 HY
Nike NDS/Pro Combo Split Set
Nike VR 52* & 56*
Nike T130

I'll be testing out the local Sports Authority today to see if they carry these. If the quality of your box is the norm, than that's a heck of a deal.

Honestly 11 of these balls look like they have never been hit at all. Just some have ball marks, 1 does have a small tiny cut in it. Still playable.

Id say these are AAAA balls.

I never tried Nike so I figured its worth giving them a shot. Opened the box and to my surprise about 11 of them look like they have never been hit. The other 4 have been hit maybe a round or so but have marker on them with peoples personal marks. Oh well.

Anyone else do this? I noticed they also sell the Pro V1, HX Tours as well as the B330s in the same type of boxes for $9.99.

I purchased 3 doz hx tours from golf galaxy, I think from the same company. Quality wasnt near what you experienced but I found they make great practice/ shag balls. I one complaint(if you can really have a complaint buying used balls) I had was I had probably 5-6 balls that had little air bubbles under the cover. never had seen this before, but they were not even suitable for practice.

if nothing else...i'm sure they would make good practice golf balls.

U guys are missing it.

these balls are like NEW. As in, some guy tee'd off with it once, sliced it into a lake and 4 months later it ended up in this box.

There are some things you'll never convince people of.....for some unknown reason the words "recycled, used, reloaded" turn people off right away. The funny thing is most people have never even experienced buying these type of balls.

I know what your saying, and it really is a shame more people don't go this route. The money saved is huge. I figure I have saved this year alone $200.

I purchased 3 doz hx tours from golf galaxy, I think from the same company. Quality wasnt near what you experienced but I found they make great practice/ shag balls. I one complaint(if you can really have a complaint buying used balls) I had was I had probably 5-6 balls that had little air bubbles under the cover. never had seen this before, but they were not even suitable for practice.

I have found mabye 1500-2000 golf balls in my day. right now I have a couple hundred top quality balls and a couple 5 gallon buckets of top flights and so on. The hx tours are the one ball that will bubble easily when lost under water. but the prov1's, b330's, nike ones, tm's, and most others are just fine when lost.

As far as repainted golf balls. I have seen this and dont trust these at all.

QUOTE(sk373 @ Jun 25 2008, 06:56 AM) *

they're the same company as lostgolfballs.com, and lostgolfballs.com has an excellent reputation around these parts.

Where did you hear this? Just curious

check out the addresses:

PG Professional Golf | 12505 Reed Road, Suite 200 | Sugar Land, TX 77478

LostGolfBalls.com

12505 Reed Road, Suite 150

Sugar Land, Texas 77478

not to mention that they both bill themselves as the world's largest recycled golf ball company:

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/info-exec/display/about_us

http://pgprofessionalgolf.com/hereshow.html

Recycled golf ball testing

"So is a ball inferior, if it has been submerged in a body of water? 'Yes' says an U.S. Army Research Laboratory study. Golf balls absorb water that cannot be removed and this affects a permanent change. Testing by Golf Digest in 1996 found a golf ball submerged in water loses six yards after one week, 12 yards after three months and 15 yards after six months."

I only use recycled balls for short game practice.

"Testing by Golf Digest in 1996 found a golf ball submerged in water loses six yards after one week, 12 yards after three months and 15 yards after six months."

I wonder if there has been any testing done since 1996. There have been numerous advances in golf ball technology in the last decade that could produce complete different results.

I wonder if there has been any testing done since 1996. There have been numerous advances in golf ball technology in the last decade that could produce complete different results.

You're absolutely correct. I've been looking for some recent data, but so far it has been a bunk mission. Even without scientific data, I don't believe the technological advances in ball design have made them waterproof. I think golf ball covers are formulated by manufacturers soley for their performance on the course, and I strongly believe that any ball which has been submerged in water for some time is going to be inferior in distance to a ball that hasn't.

With that said, recycled balls can be a good deal and have their uses (practice balls for me personally.)

I only use used balls and on the rare occasion when I do get to play new balls (usually after my birthday), I notice no difference in performance. In my opinion, it's totally worth it to buy AAA used balls for $9.99/dozen and have the peace of mind of knowing that if I hit some into the woods, I don't have to spend 15 minutes looking for my $4 brand new Pro V1.

I've bought the American Reloads and I can fully vouch for them. Most balls look like they've been played a few holes and usually have marks and little scratches. If you're like me and play your balls until they look like they've been in the blender, American Reloads are a great option.

That being said, lostgolfballs.com is WAY better! I got 2 dozen AAA 2007 Pro V1's and they look and play almost just like new! Plus, they're $9.99/dozen versus $19/dozen for the Pro V American Reloads at Sports Authority.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my brother got some refinished balls online (can't remember what company) and they were TERRIBLE. They went- I kid you not- 25 yards shorter with the driver and made weird whistling sounds when struck! It was bizarre. I'm definitely going to stay away from the refinished balls.