2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Epic Usain Bolt Project

Wilson8813 ·  
Wilson8813Wilson8813  13WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 13

I dropped in to see a local putter/headcover maker recently and was blown away with what I saw. Scott Readman told me a story about a customer who came in with a pair of signed Usain Bolt running spikes and asked if they could be turned into a couple of headcovers?????? I have a large collection of SRC headcovers which are all off the radar but I have never seen anything like this before. He went on to say he planned to use as much of the shoes as possible and decided to make 5 headcovers and 5 putters. I asked his permission to show the images on WRX so here they are. EPIC!

Posted:

Comments

• No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_Japan 5918WRX Points: 1,098Handicap: meMembers Posts: 5,918

Wow. Full marks for creativity.

I like the way the spikes function as sight-lines.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Mizuno MP4 Attas 115X 4-PW (+0.5")
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 Forged 52* and 58*, DGS400 (both at 35.5")
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield/Taylormade TPA XVIII/Wilson 8802

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Smada962Smada962  81WRX Points: 59Handicap: 2Members Posts: 81

That's amazing, extremely creative.

Posted:
  • T-3T-3  122WRX Points: 50Handicap: 15Members Posts: 122

Very cool. Thank you for sharing!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.