I have to come clean... to the GolfWRX Community...

Comments

• Bones01gtBones01gt Members  1001WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,001
    That sh*t's funny...I don't care who you are! Good stuff there...the writing, NOT the clubs!

J/K, whatever works for ya man!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick FloridaMembers, ClubWRX  5406WRX Points: 172Posts: 5,406 Titanium Tees
    bigkidneys wrote on Dec 29 2008, 09:13 PM:
    Man. That was funny and reminded me so much of myself 5 years ago... I had every **** iron set in the book and just could not hit any worth a **** until I picked up some 2004 big bertha irons. Although shovels in their own rights, they allowed me to hit the ball consistently which is what I needed. That being said, I finally realized that playing irons for 2 weeks or even 2 months was not enough time to get used to them in order to hit the shots you want. Least to say, I only played them for about 4 months and took my HC from a 10 to a 2. I have had the same irons (X-Forged) in the bag for over a year and can honestly say I feel completely comfortable with them and can hit any shot I want with them. That is likely really the reason you play those so well. Give some others more of a chance to make the bag and maybe some others will work. If you have, than I apologize and am well off mark. Just wish someone would have gave me that advice 8 years ago and 175 sets of irons earlier... I dig those irons though. Went through a mizzy phase myself with blades and loved the MP 11s for 2 weeks image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Well, I almost put that new set of Pings on the BST today, but then I thought that they might need a little more time in the bag. They work almost as well as the Mizzy's - of course they are almost as ugly. It looks like I have a bag full of city bus mirrors. At least they were made in this century.

I'll give them a few more rounds before I go back.

The really, really sad thing is, I kinda miss the ugly sticks on the course. I need help.
    Posted:
  • imsocrabbyimsocrabby inflammatory. in all the right places. Members  3351WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,351
    i haven't been around these parts in a bit...

but this is one of the greatest threads in a long time.

HEAD....thank you.
    Posted:
  • Range-Rat Range-Rat Jr. Boomers  587WRX Points: 0Posts: 587
    It's OK lol I'd rather play well than play bad, isn't that the point of this game? to get the ball in the hole and have fun

doing it? good luck
    Posted:
  • maggotmaggot Members  576WRX Points: 0Posts: 576
    Posted:
  • texcromtexcrom Franklin, TNClubWRX  3682WRX Points: 327Posts: 3,682 ClubWRX
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 27 2008, 04:06 PM:
    dab36 wrote on Dec 27 2008, 10:46 AM:
    That was funny..LOL.. What you can do to spice up the marriage: Put some Scandium shafts in there, some funky colored Lamkins or Iomics, and get the heads refurbished, grooved, and paintfilled.

Do you really think I am going to take these to a shop and to have that stuff done? It'd be like taking a blow-up doll on a date to a fancy restaurant.

I would never take those clubs to a golf shop.

On the other hand, I have taken a blow-up doll on a date to a fancy restaurant.....suffice to say alcohol was involved...

Wait...never mind....I meant I took a date with the IQ of a blow-up doll to a fancy restaurant...but come to think of it, after dinner she kind of moved in a similar......sorry, went off topic......never mind!!

image/blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' /> image/blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' /> image/blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' /> image/blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' /> image/blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush:' />
    Posted:
    WITB
    Taylor Made SIM 9.0 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
    Taylor Made SIM 15 degree Titanium HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 80g Stiff
    Taylor Made SIM Max Hybrid 19 degree Ventus Blue Stiff
    Taylor Made P770 4-AW KBS Tour FLT Stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM7 46-10F (bent to 47), SM7 54-10S, 60-10S
    Titleist Scotty Cameron T-22 Newport
    Titleist Pro V1X

Backups

Taylor Made SIM 10.5 degree Ventus Blue Stiff 
    Mizuno MP-20 MCC 4-9 iron KBS $-Taper 120

GO VOLS!

Advertisement
  • XsfspeedXsfspeed Members  979WRX Points: 0Posts: 979
    Too [email protected] funny! I just couldn't stop laughing. I think most of us have had a similar experience at one time or another. If it ain't broke...

I say just stick some lead tape all over and make them unrecognizable!!!! image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
  • blade_manblade_man Members  2586WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,586 Bunkers
    TheCapedAvenger wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:54 PM:
    The last time I saw a neck bent like that was when my grandpa hit a canadian goose with his pickup.

+1! image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> LMAO!
    Posted:
  • freddiecfreddiec Members  4284WRX Points: 194Posts: 4,284 Titanium Tees
    The face is in a different zip code as the shaft. Great post!!! ROLMAO... Get some real clubs will ya???
    Posted:
  • bigkidneysbigkidneys Members  776WRX Points: 98Posts: 776 Golden Tee
    blade_man wrote on Dec 30 2008, 09:57 PM:
    TheCapedAvenger wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:54 PM:
    The last time I saw a neck bent like that was when my grandpa hit a canadian goose with his pickup.

+1! image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> LMAO!

They do mildly resemble early stages of scoliosis... Would still bag some Goldwin AVDPs if I could find a set in great condition. Those things were pure money for me. Just got sick of all the old man jokes since they were graphite shafted and I was only 25 at the time...
    Posted:
  • Pablito WoodsPablito Woods Sir Pablo Members  696WRX Points: 50Posts: 696 Golden Tee
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 03:05 PM:
    birdieputt wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:58 PM:
    Grips look fresh.

Naturally.

Can you imagine if these slipped and hit someone in the melon? The embarrassment in court when they showed pictures of these...

Really? I think you should be in court just for having these alone! What's that charge- oh yeah, PUBLIC INDECENCY! JK, man. Not about the clubs' ugliness, but don't worry; we've all had clubs like that at some point. Just get phresher versions of those (same model, if they still exist, or a different model that's similar). That way, the ugliness is gone but the performance stays! Yay! image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' />
    Posted:
    Yonex EZONE Type 380 Driver, 9* with Grafalloy ProLaunch Red X-Stiff
    Adams Speedline F11 Fairway Woods, Ti 15* and Steel 18* with stock Aldila Voodoo Stiff
    Wilson FG Tour M3 Hybrid, 21* with stock Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff
    Wilson FG 51 Irons, 4-9 with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Nickent ARC Blade, PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Scratch 8620 Wedges, 53*/DD (bent to 54*) and 60*/DD with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    STX Sync Series 8 Putter, 34" with Red Face Insert

Advertisement
  • RangerEsq.RangerEsq. Members  807WRX Points: 0Posts: 807
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 12:02 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:53 PM:
    Get them refinished? Those pretty ladies need a make over...

1. I don't think a respectable re-finisher would let them in the door,

2. It would be a bit like giving a five dollar hooker a makeover.

This is what you need to do with them:

Posted:
  • PondyPondy Sanibel Island, FL Members  2496WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,496
    Admission is the first step to recovery, lol.

Actually, a spa treatment might be just the penance to consider performing, say over the winter. Start 2010 with a freshened up set of clubs.

Use the analogy that it's not a beat up old 6 cylinder '69 Nova, but rather an SS Nova with a 396 hidden under the hood.
    Posted:
    Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
    Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
    5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
    Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
    Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
    Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
    Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
    Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
    Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
    Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
    Handicap 27.1
  • goinglow72goinglow72 Banned  147WRX Points: 0Posts: 147
    I hate to be the one that points out the obvious.... But a "good" player can play with anything. Maybe it sounds better in layman terms..."It's the indian not the arrow!!"" haha
    Posted:
  • HeadonaStickHeadonaStick FloridaMembers, ClubWRX  5406WRX Points: 172Posts: 5,406 Titanium Tees
    I am hoping beyond hope to get these out of the bag... I just picked up a set of BeCu Ping Eye 2's. Maybe I can play with the original version of these beasts. They would still be aesthetically challenged, but at least they'd be a little more exotic than these...
    Posted:
  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members  1752WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,752 Platinum Tees
    HeadonaStick wrote on Oct 4 2009, 07:09 PM:
    I am hoping beyond hope to get these out of the bag... I just picked up a set of BeCu Ping Eye 2's. Maybe I can play with the original version of these beasts. They would still be aesthetically challenged, but at least they'd be a little more exotic than these...

Hey congratulations!! How soon do we get pictures?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    forgedforever wrote on Oct 4 2009, 08:23 PM:

I have a new policy on irons - they need to be in the bag for at least 3 rounds before I post pictures! image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members  1752WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,752 Platinum Tees
    HeadonaStick wrote on Oct 4 2009, 07:26 PM:

I have a new policy on irons - they need to be in the bag for at least 3 rounds before I post pictures! image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Well, that policy makes more sense than some I know! We'll be patient image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
    forgedforever wrote on Oct 4 2009, 08:45 PM:
    HeadonaStick wrote on Oct 4 2009, 07:26 PM:

Well, that policy makes more sense than some I know! We'll be patient image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Maybe you're thinking of my putter pictures... I take pictures before they are even out of the box!
    Posted:
  • SundayRedSundayRed Members  363WRX Points: 55Posts: 363 Greens
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 03:02 PM:
    funkyfedora wrote on Dec 24 2008, 01:53 PM:
    Get them refinished? Those pretty ladies need a make over...

1. I don't think a respectable re-finisher would let them in the door,

2. It would be a bit like giving a five dollar hooker a makeover.

Hey, I know how to clean those babies up a little. I used to do this with my "actual" Eye 2's image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You get some sand from a bunker, about a hanful, and take it home and put it in a bowl. Now put about 1/2 cup of water into the sand, and then dip your hand in there and just rub that sand all over your clubheads. They will come out a buffed satin finish and will look like a brand new set of clubs!! Do this and post the pics man!! Do it for your country!!!
    Posted:
  • dieselGdieselG Members  867WRX Points: 72Posts: 867 Golden Tee
    HeadonaStick wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:28 PM:
    texan_golf wrote on Dec 24 2008, 02:11 PM:
    I want to see the woods and putter....Let me guess Titliest Howitzer driver and Titliest Star ship woods, with a Spalding Cash-in-putt...?

I'm not going to discuss the driver - its a modern one, but it is in time out for betraying me again.

I have a mint Mizzy "Tour XP oversized" driver (featuring a steel shaft that is "engineered for extra distance" flex).

Approx 200cc of stainless steel glory, no loft designation and about 3* of hook face I would be willing to part with if you want to complete your collection of fine tour xp clubs?

Sounds like your driver needs a little scare to get it whipped back into shape.

BTW, you should love the becu eye2's I have several sets of eye2s and nothing can knock them out of the bag...

Thanks for the pics, I always wondered that the eye2 copied clubs from back in the day looked like...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • torrejuantorrejuan Members  1182WRX Points: 144Handicap: 4Posts: 1,182 Platinum Tees
    Working on a year later, & I think that is one of the best posts I have ever read!
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
    3wd: Srixon F65 Aldila Rogue Silver -stiff
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro KBS Tour-V -stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50° 54° 58° KBS Tour-V
    Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
    dieselglen wrote on Oct 9 2009, 03:38 PM:
    I want to see the woods and putter....Let me guess Titliest Howitzer driver and Titliest Star ship woods, with a Spalding Cash-in-putt...?

I'm not going to discuss the driver - its a modern one, but it is in time out for betraying me again.

I have a mint Mizzy "Tour XP oversized" driver (featuring a steel shaft that is "engineered for extra distance" flex).

Approx 200cc of stainless steel glory, no loft designation and about 3* of hook face I would be willing to part with if you want to complete your collection of fine tour xp clubs?

BTW, you should love the becu eye2's I have several sets of eye2s and nothing can knock them out of the bag...

Thanks for the pics, I always wondered that the eye2 copied clubs from back in the day looked like...

Whoa, hold on there partner, I don't want any more xp goodness in my bag.

The idea is to get the xp's out of my bag. Putting that driver in my bag would be a little like trying to cure the flu by giving someone the plague. No thanks... besides, I put a pink shaft in my driver and made it sit outside and watch while I tied an old driver to my truck bumper and drug it up and down our street... I like to call it the titanium sparkler torture. Sadly, I think it might need a refinish now.

Anyway, I think I have my new driver pretty much shamed and scared into submission at this point. Putting another driver in the bag would just let it think it is off the hook.

The good news it that the Eye 2's are still in the bag after three rounds. So far, so good...
    Posted:
  • Seve424Seve424 Members  538WRX Points: 55Posts: 538 Bunkers
    HeadonaStick wrote on Oct 10 2009, 03:12 PM:

The idea is to get the xp's out of my bag. Putting that driver in my bag would be a little like trying to cure the flu by giving someone the plague. No thanks... besides, I put a pink shaft in my driver and made it sit outside and watch while I tied an old driver to my truck bumper and drug it up and down our street... I like to call it the titanium sparkler torture. Sadly, I think it might need a refinish now.

Anyway, I think I have my new driver pretty much shamed and scared into submission at this point. Putting another driver in the bag would just let it think it is off the hook.

The good news it that the Eye 2's are still in the bag after three rounds. So far, so good...

Ok, are the Eye 2's still in the bag, or are the Mizunos back?
    Posted:
    Seve424 wrote on Nov 27 2009, 11:24 PM:

I just shipped the Eye 2's out Wednesday. The Mizunos are in the bag right now, but I have been working with a new set of Cleveland's that show promise...
    Posted:
  • Tim DelgadoTim Delgado In Vino (and Golf) Veritas Members  1749WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,749
    HeadonaStick wrote on Nov 27 2009, 10:25 PM:
    Seve424 wrote on Nov 27 2009, 11:24 PM:

I just shipped the Eye 2's out Wednesday. The Mizunos are in the bag right now, but I have been working with a new set of Cleveland's that show promise...

Let me guess......Cleveland VAS? image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Surprised to hear the Pings didn't make the cut. Funny thread. Keep us posted.

Tim
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Tim Delgado wrote on Nov 27 2009, 11:51 PM:

Let me guess......Cleveland VAS? laugh.gif

Surprised to hear the Pings didn't make the cut. Funny thread. Keep us posted.

Tim

The Pings were fine, the problem is a serious head case. Clubs arrived as a set bent to black and my brain doesn't like bent clubs (even though I am sure they all are bent to get to spec). Covered that in another thread. I want to have a go with a different set of Eye 2's in BeCu if I can find them - most beautiful clubs ever... Or get a lobotomy. And still have a go with another set of Eye 2's.

I had a set of CG Golds I played well with (and sold). I found a set of CG Gold (Blacks) and they are working pretty well but I need to rearrange the wedges to get the gaps I want. Might put them into play on Sunday (hey, everybody should be the cash cow for their group once in a while).
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Tim DelgadoTim Delgado In Vino (and Golf) Veritas Members  1749WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,749
    I remember reading about that.

I didn't post, but I was one of the seemingly very few that felt that the seller should have IMMEDIATELY accepted a return. Just because HE didn't know what the **** he had doesn't make it OK to drop them on someone else and claim ignorance. You took the bullet on that deal unfairly IMO.

Don't give up on Pings though. They are ugly (although not in the same league as those Mizzys) but are very forgiving and can produce all the shots that a scratch player needs.

Sorry, but I'm betting that those Clevelands won't make it to 2010. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Tim
    Posted:
    Tim Delgado wrote on Nov 28 2009, 12:03 AM:
    I remember reading about that.

I didn't post, but I was one of the seemingly very few that felt that the seller should have IMMEDIATELY accepted a return. Just because HE didn't know what the **** he had doesn't make it OK to drop them on someone else and claim ignorance. You took the bullet on that deal unfairly IMO.

Don't give up on Pings though. They are ugly (although not in the same league as those Mizzys) but are very forgiving and can produce all the shots that a scratch player needs.

Sorry, but I'm betting that those Clevelands won't make it to 2010. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Tim

I did take a hit on the resale, but I was very clear as well (and linked to the thread) and probably scared a few buyers away. As long as the bending thing is not an issue, they are great clubs. Someone got a deal. Better that than be viewed as withholding information. As a seller I would have been mortified even had I not known and taken the clubs back no questions asked. So it goes.

Anyway, I need something. I can't stand looking at those Mizunos (nor can I understand how I can play with them). I have very high hopes for the Cleveland's, but I suspect they will be under someone else's Christmas tree...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Jack lives hereJack lives here Members  362WRX Points: 0Posts: 362
    What can I say?? Change the Mizuno logo to Nike and you'd have exactly what Tiger is playing...LOL LOL
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.