Anyone else do this?

An absolute debacle!
Alright well today was the first tournament of the season for my school and i have to say that i wasn't nervous at all. I kept my cool through the first 5 holes (A nine hole match) and started with a 2 under. I though that i'd at least be T3rd for the day and i look up at the scores and it turns out that i'm in the lead by 2 strokes! I was totally eccstatic. I concintrated on at least paring the next 4 holes, and i'd have my first win of the season. But it was downhill from there. On the sixth hole, I hit the biggest slice i have ever seen into some water. I ended up triple bogeying that hole, bogeyed the next, doubled the next, and quadruple bogeyed number 9. I couldn't believe what was happening. i was practilly giving away my lead. I ended up shooting 44 and taking a T5. I got so pissed off and i knew that me seeing i was in first place was what threw me off. Anyway, my sob story for the day. Anyone else have a similar experience?

KinG

Comments

• wholeinwon wholeinwon Members Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    +10 on 4 holes...wow...that sir is very bad.

Just wondering lol, if you were playing to par those holes how did you get yourself into triple and quad situations?

tough break King.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    thats just the nerves getting at ya. **** Imagine if you were leading the masters lmao!
  • KingOAcesKingOAces Jr. Boomers Posts: 739
    edited Mar 28, 2006 #4
    I just exploeded. I can't even explain it. It was an out-of-body experience like i wasn't even controlling my swing. the only upside is that I qualified for a regional tournament, so hopefully i'll play my best there. It's a good think it wasn't the masters. Thats would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!

KinG
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    its happend to me once so i feel for you
  • italianstallionitalianstallion Bethpage Black - 8th hole Junior Mod Squad Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    I feel for ya. I had that happen to me in the 18 hole championships for our division. I was leading at even par after 8, but completely blew it on the rest of the holes. Ended up shooting 87. You can insert the bad shots and swear words yourself.
  • golfstudisdgolfstudisd Members Posts: 50
    I know exactly what you mean about the "out of body experience." Last summer I qualified for the US Am and in the first round I shot 86, I didn't even know what was going on, no matter how hard I tried to just slow down, take deep breaths, concentrate, focus, whatever, I just couldn't make it happen. It's a learning experience though, look back on what happened see what went wrong and then forget about it, you don't want to dwell too much on rounds like that.