Hogan's Rotate the Baseball Bat Quote

2»

Comments

• HoganstrikerHoganstriker Unregistered  1290WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,290 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JobuJobu Members  1147WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,147 Platinum Tees
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Is that a bent left arm? **** Hogan be breaking all the rules.
    Posted:
  • TimanatorTimanator SFClone Members  3321WRX Points: 0Handicap: 12Posts: 3,321 Titanium Tees
    How well does Hogan know about the mechanics of the baseball swing?
    Posted:
    Ping G30 Sl-Tec
    TM R11 PW-4I
    Scor 52-56
    Odyssey Versa 7
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned  20715WRX Points: 1Handicap: BeefPosts: 20,715 Titanium Tees
    I'd say he didn't know about them much at all.<br />
    <br />
    Is the connection ballard makes where byrd taught hogan about how to hit true?
    Posted:
  • AlexCzervicAlexCzervic Members  728WRX Points: 90Posts: 728 Golden Tee
    dairic wrote:
    <br />
    Here's iteach giving an explanation of the TGM hinge types.<br />
    <br />
    [media=] />
    <br />
    <br />
    God that was painful and INCORRECT. So nobody else has to suffer.<br />
    <br />
    HINGE ROLL FEEL<br />
    Horizontal full half<br />
    Angled half none<br />
    Vertical none reverse<br />
    <br />
    AC
    Posted:
  • 400yards400yards Members  277WRX Points: 1Posts: 277 Greens
    "[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I was rotating the club like a baseball bat, and [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]the after[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] I could rotate it, the more distance I got. [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Training myself, I would roll the face open as fast and as far as I could."[/background]<br />
    <br />
    What should the underlined part read?<br />
    <br />
    Also can someone explain what it means to roll the face open?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MizunoJoeMizunoJoe Members  1000WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,000 Platinum Tees
    400yards wrote:
    <br />
    "[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I was rotating the club like a baseball bat, and [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]the after[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] I could rotate it, the more distance I got. [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Training myself, I would roll the face open as fast and as far as I could."[/background]<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Also can someone explain what it means to roll the face open?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "the after" should be "the faster", he probably typed "the afster" and the spell checker changed afster to after.<br />
    <br />
    On the back swing, the left arm and club are rotated clockwise.
    Posted:
  • 400yards400yards Members  277WRX Points: 1Posts: 277 Greens
    MizunoJoe wrote:
    <br />
    400yards wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Also can someone explain what it means to roll the face open?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "the after" should be "the faster", he probably typed "the afster" and the spell checker changed afster to after.<br />
    <br />
    On the back swing, the left arm and club are rotated clockwise.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • JasonFLJasonFL Under My Left Foot Members  1044WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,044
    I played baseball from 6 to 20. I have no idea what it means to rotate a bat. I can say it was 100% a right sided action (Im right handed).<br />
    <br />
    Weight on your right side. Pivoted on your back foot. Right shoulder worked down/around (left shoulder up/around). Hips fired way open. Pushed as hard as your can with your right arm through impact. A TON of your power came from your right wrist hanging back and then forcing the head of the bat through the ball. Your forearm muscle powered your wrist.<br />
    <br />
    And that homerun derby slowmo video is amazing! Those guys a freaks of nature.
    Posted:
    Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
    ever will - someone on the internet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.