All 303 Stainless: Made From Recycled Forks and Knives?

jick ·  
jickjick Members  1151WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,151 Platinum Tees
Can the experts please chime in...
I came across one of the sites of one of the more popular putter brands whose product lines are made from stainless steel. The write-up on the site dealing with that topic said: "[Stainless Steel] is made in United States and recycled from knives and forks."

Does this hold true for all grades of 303 stainless steel used by the putter makers here? Or is this only on a case-to-case basis and this particular putter maker I quoted is one of the few?

It would sure be odd to imagine that whatever you are putting with came from recycled forks and knives. Since I am not from the USA, I would also like to ask: Is it common practice for someone to come knocking at your door asking for hand-me-down forks and knives?

I hope many putter makers or sponsors here can chime in about what exactly their 303 stainless steel consists of.

Thanks.
Posted:

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27117WRX Points: 461Posts: 27,117 Marshals
    303 stainless steel is 303 stainless. Really doesn't matter how its acquired and probably is good from an environmental perspective if its from recycled material.
    Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
This discussion has been closed.