How to buff out the nicks?

bbeard10 ·  
bbeard10bbeard10 Members  485WRX Points: 55Posts: 485 Greens
Any help?
I've been wondering how to buff out nicks on my Camerons and any help would be appreciated. I dont want to send my putters out anymore so I think it's time to learn...
Posted:

Comments

• bbeard10bbeard10 Members  485WRX Points: 55Posts: 485 Greens
    Surely somebody knows something?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CBD5600CBD5600 Members  83WRX Points: 55Posts: 83 Fairways
    I don't think you can remove nicks by buffing alone. You would have to sand the nicks out before buffing.
    Posted:
  • TonyDTonyD Members  106WRX Points: 50Handicap: 12?Posts: 106 Fairways
    I've been using a dremel and some 320/2xx grit attachments that work ok, but there has to be an easier way that I don't know about.
    Posted:
    I tried Sanding and it didn't work.
    Posted:
    If only Deerslayer was my dad hahahaha he could show me all the tricks of the trade.
    Posted:
  • hoshos Members  655WRX Points: 55Posts: 655 Bunkers
    I use a dremel. Worked good on a Cameron 1.5 Studio Style. Topline was pretty scarred up before I started.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golframfangolframfan Members  266WRX Points: 0Posts: 266
    sanding will work, it takes a lot, but it will def. take out nicks, dremel will work too, just be careful!
    Posted:
  • nosilnosil Members  798WRX Points: 67Posts: 798 Golden Tee
    Sanding works. You can use a dremel but you could quickly remove too much metal. You may also want to watch how much you sand off, because you remove weight from the putter. I hand sanded about 5 grams off one scotty I did. Just progress through the grits. Maybe start with 200 or 400 and then work to 1500. Going to take hours not minutes to do.
    Posted:
  • DeerslayerDeerslayer Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill...... Members  1838WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,838 Platinum Tees
    I start off with a fine bastxxx file, go to a orbital table sander or table belt sander and finish by hand with scotch brite and steel wool depending on how dull or polished or dull you want it. I now have a table top blast cabinet so I can do bead and shot type finishes as well. I assume you are talking about the top-line.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.