TaylorMade Penta

2»

Comments

• justinp766justinp766 Members  666WRX Points: 0Posts: 666
    Picked up a dozen Penta TP practice balls at Golf Town for 15$......yup ...15 bucks.

I used to buy ProV'1's by the hundred and now I am offically a Taylormade Penta player....even bought a Taylormade Penta hat after two rounds with these bad boys.

I had several pitch and chip shots then I thought were going to roll right through past the hole 10ft on firm greens but every time I hit a chip shot with the Penta the ball would take one hop and spin forward a little and stop with loads of backspin....incredible.

Averaging about 15 more yards off my driver with these too.

I used to carry the ball about 280 yds with the ProV1's ....Now they are launching extremely low and getting farther carry and more roll when they hit the fairway..

Averaging about 300-305 yards now off the driver with the penta's.

NEVER GOING BACK TO ProV1's.

Taylormade is my god.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members  864WRX Points: 89Posts: 864 Golden Tee
    I play Penta now. I love them! Use to play the Prov1, then started playing the Srixon, Bridgestone, back to Prov1 and now Penta.
    Posted:
  • tiger-vs-metiger-vs-me Members  92WRX Points: 69Posts: 92 Fairways
    played for years, like everybody the V1.

After geeting a free sleeve i had a hard time to say my V1 goodby.

Now that i found the "mypenta" Deal i'm totaly crazy about this ball.
    Posted:
  • To72To72 Members  37WRX Points: 0Posts: 37
    I agree with the majority of Penta comments posted here except durability. The spin you can generate is comparable if not better than a Pro V1 but it's rare that I hit a full wedge Penta from the fairway and there isn't a scuff, nick or cut on the surface relegating it to the shag bag. Would buy and play them all the time if that wasn't the case.
    Posted:
  • FlopShotFredFlopShotFred Members  342WRX Points: 0Posts: 342
    spun alot and felt soft around the greens but it seemed short
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 8.5 Rogue 70X
    TEE E8 Tour 15* Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist 909 19* ProForce V2 90X
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-P
    Vokey 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron X5
  • TK3TK3 TK3 Tulsa, OKMembers  243WRX Points: 87Handicap: 7.3Posts: 243 Fairways
    I agree with FSF

Good spin, excellent feel, but definitely shorter than my Pro V1x. Didn't do too well in windy conditions either.

Just my 2 cents...
    Posted:
    My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Grafalloy Blue (White)
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3 / Matrix
    5 Wood - Ping G400
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 5-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Ecco Cage
    Ball - Srixon Z Star

Advertisement
  • goaliescottgoaliescott Members  388WRX Points: 93Posts: 388 Greens
    I've only had limited use (playing a ball I found) but had interesting results.

The driver was similar in distance to a proV, maybe a bit less, but nothing too shocking.

My irons were all MUCH longer...Iike airmailing two greens and wondering what the heck happend longer.

I don't remember anything remarkable about the feel of the chip shots and putts I made with the Penta.

I will probably buy some to do some more testing.

Posted:
  • MacallanMacallan Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    [size="3"]The Penta TP is my prefered ball. Beats the Titleist Pro-V-1 and the Pro-V-1X hands down. Soft off the driver with great distance for me. My long and mid irons hardly feel the ball when struck properly. Around the green this ball really shines. I can spin to back-up or stop with all clubs from an 8 iron on down to a lob wedge with good control. Sweet off a putter. The cover is perfect. I can't ask for more. [/size]
    Posted:
  • slawz88slawz88 Members  140WRX Points: 0Posts: 140
    The Penta TP Practice balls went to $20 per dozen.. Anybody have some insight into the differences and whether it would be alright to stock up on these instead of paying double for the black box?
    Posted:
  • bps259bps259 Members  755WRX Points: 71Posts: 755 Golden Tee
    I prefer it over the Pro V1X. Less distance but I like the feel around the greens and from <100 yds in.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM MAX 9* Diamana DF 70 TX
    TaylorMade SIM 15* Diamana ZF 80 TX
    PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Tensei Pro Orange 90 TX
    Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MCC/MP 4-PW KBS Tour $ Taper Black 130 X
    Mizuno T20 Raw 51*/56*/60* KBS Tour $ Taper Black 130 X
    PXG Mini Gunboat Gen 2 35"
  • phirtyphirty Members  38WRX Points: 0Handicap: 11Posts: 38
    Like many, gave the Penta a try on the "buy 2 get 1" deal, was very pleased with the feel, no noticeable change in distance for me, good value for a premium ball. Keeper . . .
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • mizunomp53mizunomp53 Members  187WRX Points: 0Posts: 187
    Awesome ball!!!
    Posted:
  • RMS29RMS29 Members  131WRX Points: 0Posts: 131
    New Penta TP5 is an enormous improvement over the old Penta. Much better off the tee in distance and less spin

Posted:
  • BadWoundBadWound Poorest golfer you'll ever meet Members  105WRX Points: 0Posts: 105
    I decided to switch to the pent last year and I love the fact that my irons don't chew up the cover like they do on the pro vs. I'm not worried about distance off the tee so I'm more worried on how the ball feels with the real metal and how it feels on the green. So with both the irons and the putter I absolutly love the feel of the pentas! So it's going to take a lot of hoopla to get me to try another ball for awhile!
    Posted:
  • MoondogNYCMoondogNYC Members  54WRX Points: 0Posts: 54
    I love 'em... got a hole in one with a borrowed TP5 and have never looked back. I have since left the ProV's in the bag.
    Posted:
  • Steven269xSteven269x Members  90WRX Points: 0Posts: 90
    Had this ball from when it first came out. Excellent distance off the tee but not too great of spin from short shots around the green. I have found a few different balls that are better around the green but their driver distance is a tad shorter.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DabombDabomb ClubWRX  225WRX Points: 35Handicap: -5Posts: 225 ClubWRX
    I love the penta, it's quite unique.

I used to play with the prov1x, but penta kicked it out of the bag ...

I thought it was because of my swing speed, but the numbers on the Penta are ridiculously awesome..

I'm talking about a 1000 point change in spin rate...

With the same driver, same swing, same everything..

Wish I knew what it was but I'll take it..

They're super cheap at golf galaxy

Posted:
  • brettc3brettc3 Members  11WRX Points: 17Posts: 11 Bunkers
    I used to love playing this ball, but then I couldn't find them anymore. How does the new TP5/5x compare to this ball for playability?
    Posted:
  • ProV1KenobiProV1Kenobi Members  184WRX Points: 0Posts: 184
    If you want a modern version of a balata this is it. Fun for practice but if you are keeping score might want a prov1
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.