Best junior memberships in philly area

Betzy ·  
BetzyBetzy  4WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 4 Starters

24 years old. A scratch golfer looking for a challenge to improve everyday but also in good shape. Moving to philly before next summer and have heard nothing but great things about golf in philly but need the inside scoop.

Posted:

Comments

• NolesNoles  1582WRX Points: 214Members Posts: 1,582 Platinum Tees

There are great options everywhere. Where exactly in the area will you be moving? Knowing that we can give you a more accurate answer.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BetzyBetzy  4WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 4 Starters

Media, Pa

Posted:
  • medicoreMAgolfermedicoreMAgolfer  279WRX Points: 65Members Posts: 279 Greens

If moving to Media, Rolling Green would be the first and second places I would look into. Can't comment on their junior membership programs, but is a fantastic club and course

Posted:
  • dankil13dankil13  71WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 71 Bunkers

On -, @medicoreMAgolfer said:

If moving to Media, Rolling Green would be the first and second places I would look into. Can't comment on their junior membership programs, but is a fantastic club and course

I think the Jr membership up thru age 29 for RG would be around $3600/yr including assessments (excluding food min, carts, caddies). Initiation was listed $5k. Its a great track (esp if you are in Media), however I don't recall thinking their practice facilities were any good (if that is important to you).

Posted:
  • BetzyBetzy  4WRX Points: 5Members Posts: 4 Starters

What about lulu country club saw it’s semi private but a decent price. What’s the deal there?

Posted:
  • NolesNoles  1582WRX Points: 214Members Posts: 1,582 Platinum Tees

On -, @Betzy said:

What about lulu country club saw it’s semi private but a decent price. What’s the deal there?

I just joined there a few weeks ago. It's a nice old Ross track but not that long. They have been building a new clubhouse for several years now and it is nearing completion. It is a great value but it is nowhere near Media and you would be crazy to join there if you move to Media. I second the recommendation of Rolling Green. I can't tell you anything about membership but it is a great course! A real classic design.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hummelhummel Philadelphia PA 150WRX Points: 58Handicap: 11.7Members Posts: 150 Fairways

I’m a member at Rolling Green and would definitely recommend checking it out. Course is great and pricing is very good for under 29. Practice facilities aren’t great but work out ok. PM me if you want more info.

Posted:

Ping G400 Max with AD-IZ 6S
    Ping G400 14.5* with Tensei Blue Stiff
    PXG 0311 19* Hybrid with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Ping i210 4-PW with Project X lZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 56* with KBS Hi-Rev
    Callaway PM Grind 60* with KBS Hi-Rev
    Byron Morgan DH89

• BogeyBurgBogeyBurg  3WRX Points: 15Handicap: 17Members Posts: 3 Starters

Anyone have experience at Cedarbrook Country Club. The clubhouse looks nice after the renovation and the course seems to be in good shape. Any personal experiences? Looking to join a club near the Conshohocken/Doylestown area (ideally between the two). Commonwealth caught my eye as well but really would like a pool and tennis court option.

Posted:
  • dankil13dankil13  71WRX Points: 73Members Posts: 71 Bunkers

On -, @BogeyBurg said:

Anyone have experience at Cedarbrook Country Club. The clubhouse looks nice after the renovation and the course seems to be in good shape. Any personal experiences? Looking to join a club near the Conshohocken/Doylestown area (ideally between the two). Commonwealth caught my eye as well but really would like a pool and tennis court option.

Cricket is a great club, with a ton of great players but I believe most of the Jr memberships are waitlist only. I love the golf course and facilities at Whitemarsh, but don't know much about the membership. Of course those courses are a little closer to Conshy. Commonwealth has a great clubhouse and a really tough golf course that is always in great shape, but as you said no pool or tennis.

I don't know much about Cedarbrook, but my buddy played there and loved it. However it was too much of a ride for him (30+ mins) and none of the guys in our group were considering it. He still gave it a lot of consideration but ultimately joined a place closer to home (he would have joined Cedarbrook if there was no initiation fee since he could have walked away after a year if the time to play and commute didn't workout for him). Blue Bell, Bluestone and Talamore are also in the area, each of those have the amenities you are looking for but so-so golf courses.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.