Depth in BS

LaterOn61 ·  
LaterOn61LaterOn61 Members  659WRX Points: 47Handicap: 5-7Posts: 659 Golden Tee

What drives depth in BS as the arms working in isn’t the answer? Is it the left shoulder down? Is it the rotation of the right hip? Is it the rotation of the left forearm? I’m sure it is a combo in some sense but which predominantly leads the depth?

Posted:

Comments

• Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3631WRX Points: 608Posts: 3,631 Titanium Tees

you can rotate your left arm and still have no depth..or left shoulder down. Right hip definitely rotating back helps but you want depth and width together..not just depth. So you have to turn you whole body to the side..i.e you are trying to turn your whole posture in the incline to the side....then raise left arm with rotation to above and behind the bottom of the back of the neck whiles maintaining width.

Notice the side turn, remember your spine is in the back of the body..so you have to displace your whole body to the right of the spine and to the left of the spine on the downswing to get natural depth whiles maintaining radius et al. Arms rotated but still in front of the turned body...see the gap between his toes and hands...so the best player of our generation by has freedom, width and depth...talk about having it all. I hate the guy. You don't see his arms abducted to his chest do you?

Posted:
    Post edited by Man_O_War on
    Ping G400 8.5 LST Ozik F6M2/EVO III FUJI
    Cobra LTD PRO Ozik TP6HD

Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 
    2020 TOUR B XS
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • glkglk send it in jerome Kodak, Tn/Chucktown, Sc via Chicago & BurghMembers  4115WRX Points: 713Posts: 4,115 Titanium Tees

pivot. hip and torso rotation.

Posted:

Enjoy every sandwich.

• Soloman1Soloman1 Members  2810WRX Points: 733Posts: 2,810 Titanium Tees

You can create more depth by compressing the lead arm against the ribcage and consciously turning that ribcage more.

Posted:
    I'm quitting at 6.022 x 10^23 posts.
    Avogadro would be proud.
  • LaterOn61LaterOn61 Members  659WRX Points: 47Handicap: 5-7Posts: 659 Golden Tee

So what is the feeling you concentrate on as you have your left shoulder turn down, your trunk turning to the right, your hips getting deep into the back pocket, and your arms lifting while remaining in the center of your trunk.

what gets those pieces working in sequence?

Posted:
  • golfing_penguingolfing_penguin Members  437WRX Points: 82Posts: 437 Greens

It isn't the feel, per se, it's where you get too and as long as that's correct what you feel vs what I feel could be polar opposites. But if we end up in the correct spots for our swings then so be it

Posted:
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members  17194WRX Points: 1,422Posts: 17,194 Titanium Tees

If you’re working on depth the last thing you want is to think about your arms lifting. You want less arm rotation and more body rotation to get depth

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • LaterOn61LaterOn61 Members  659WRX Points: 47Handicap: 5-7Posts: 659 Golden Tee

I’m not talking arm runoff but rather the small amount of lift while staying in front of the chest

Posted:
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1151WRX Points: 127Posts: 1,151 Platinum Tees

Do the turn only first and then see where your arms are. I try so hard not to lift my arms but they don’t listen. Lifting my arms is a lazy way of getting a false turn. Much less effort than actually getting that right shoulder behind my head. Try left knee over toes and right shoulder back or left knee over toes and hip back and up(feel like there is a band from your left knee to your right hip and you stretch it vertically as much as possible)

Posted:
  • glkglk send it in jerome Kodak, Tn/Chucktown, Sc via Chicago & BurghMembers  4115WRX Points: 713Posts: 4,115 Titanium Tees

40% of our brains are not dedicated to our hands - the motor cortex has a large portion dedicated to the hands (never have seen a number put to it) but the motor cortex is far from 40% of the brain itself. The brain controls the hands and a good portion is not just movement but sensory, you know feedback from touch. The brain controls body movement not the hands.

Posted:

Enjoy every sandwich.

• iteachgolfiteachgolf Members  17194WRX Points: 1,422Posts: 17,194 Titanium Tees

And again I’d say don’t want to lift at all especially if you’re working on depth

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.