driver shaft into a hybrid

jacksonlui ·  
jacksonluijacksonlui Members  904WRX Points: 0Posts: 904
would you say if you took at driver shaft and tipped it 1 inch and butt cut the rest for a standard #3 hybrid, it would perform fine?
Posted:

Comments

• curryjcurryj Members  384WRX Points: 0Posts: 384
    Probably going to be 20-30g too light. Typically hybrid shafts should be heavier than your drivers.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KYMARKYMAR Members  13257WRX Points: 55Posts: 13,257 Titanium Tees
    yeah way too light and probably not the right tip size.
    Posted:
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • BlackfinnBlackfinn Members  296WRX Points: 0Posts: 296
    The stock shaft in the new TM Raylor is a Re-Ax 65g shaft, about an inch longer than most comparable hybrids. I use it as a specialty club out of the rough 220+ out. The head has a "V" bottom and I think (not sure though) that TM used a lighter shaft to provide more kick for shots out of the rough.
    Posted:
  • jaskanskijaskanski Members  9250WRX Points: 10Posts: 9,250 Titanium Tees
    As above. It's possible to get a heavier shaft in the 80-90g area, but as noted, most hybrids tend to be .355 or .370 tip.
    Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4897WRX Points: 622Posts: 4,897 Titanium Tees
    I put the Pro Launch Red out of my driver (complete with the 20 or so inches of lead tape it already had on it) into my Callaway X hybrid, and it is a bomber.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.