Scratch Wedge Finish Question

volrus ·  
volrusvolrus Members  1526WRX Points: 71Posts: 1,526 Platinum Tees
If I want a finish that looks like the black VR wedges, what finish would I need to get with Scratch?
Posted:

Comments

• JDLockhart21JDLockhart21 Members  24WRX Points: 0Posts: 24
    the black finish would probably do the trick.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members  17191WRX Points: 1,419Posts: 17,191 Titanium Tees
    Black Oxide
    Posted:
  • generalbolggeneralbolg Members  1191WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,191 Bunkers
    not 100% sure, but to get that finish youd have to go through their tour department. if you wanted a cheaper option, the 1018's have a sort of smoky chrome finish. its still shiny and reflects some glare, but better than satin or chrome. im trying to think of a similarity and the best i can do is the vokey black nickel. i have/had something similar on my wedges, and its not too bad i guess.

please though, if anybody has a more informed opinion, by all means opine.
    Posted:
  • DBakeDBake Graham, WAMembers  980WRX Points: 102Handicap: 6.8Posts: 980 Golden Tee
    How is Scratch Black finish holding up after use?
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
    Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 90X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
    Snell MTB Red
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members  17191WRX Points: 1,419Posts: 17,191 Titanium Tees
    3x Black finish holds up like any oxidized finish

The smoked satin chrome (1018 finish) wears the same as chrome which means it will last as long as any other plated finish.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.