Got my Ogio Vision SS w Shling, played a few holes

I just got this bag today and i loaded it up and played about 6 holes with it. First off i am a pretty big dude, im 6'2'' and about 240. When i first put it on i was kind of dissapointed, it wasnt that comfortable. Now it was not initially uncomfortable but after all the hype and the addition of the padding i was expecting more comfort.

There were only three big problems i had with the bad. Some might consider them to be big enough issues not to buy one.

1. It evenly distributes weight on the shoulders, but however on me it put a lot of pressure on the right side of my chest where the handle for the shling is.

2. The bag is real easy to put on, but a little more difficult to take off. Since you dont climb into this bad you basically have to hold the entire bag and all of its wieght in one hand.

3. It doesnt rest across the bottom of my back when i walk, It rests inbetween my right hip and lower back, at a wierd angle, good thing is the wieght distribution helps to make it less noticable

In addition, i found many positives with this bag.

1. The Vision SS is an all around sweet bag. It has all the pockets and accessories you need, the woode system seems odd at first but is pretty cool. The zipperless pocket and the ball silo are two unnecessary items but add some flare and style.

2. When i got the red i was worried, it didnt look great in the pics. But if you can see from my pics i think the red looks great. It matches my TM colors almost perfectly.

3. Most the pockets arent that big. I think you could put some rain gear in the big side pocket. Whats cool is the pockets are a decent size but if you have ever had a stand bag with big pockets that you dont use, you probably hate how they stick out or get caught in the legs, these tho are pretty tight to the body of the bag.

4. The Shling, i think if you are a average size guy you have to check this out, it really does put all the weight on your shoulders and not your back. My bag is heavy, i have a lot of metal shafts and a Heavy Putter so when you pick it up it feels heavy, but once you put it on your shoulders its dramatically lighter.

One more thing, to make a long story short there was some confusion the day i ordered this bag and lets just say that on Monday i will be recieving the Ogio Flight SS with Shling that i won on ebay. I didnt want two but its just happened. So on Monday i am going to try out the Flight and let you guys know the differences between the two of them. Hope all this info helps you guys out. Best thing to do is find one, throw some clubs in it and try it on.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just got this bag today and i loaded it up and played about 6 holes with it. First off i am a pretty big dude, im 6'2'' and about 240. When i first put it on i was kind of dissapointed, it wasnt that comfortable. Now it was not initially uncomfortable but after all the hype and the addition of the padding i was expecting more comfort.

There were only three big problems i had with the bad. Some might consider them to be big enough issues not to buy one.

1. It evenly distributes weight on the shoulders, but however on me it put a lot of pressure on the right side of my chest where the handle for the shling is.

2. The bag is real easy to put on, but a little more difficult to take off. Since you dont climb into this bad you basically have to hold the entire bag and all of its wieght in one hand.

3. It doesnt rest across the bottom of my back when i walk, It rests inbetween my right hip and lower back, at a wierd angle, good thing is the wieght distribution helps to make it less noticable

1. The Vision SS is an all around sweet bag. It has all the pockets and accessories you need, the woode system seems odd at first but is pretty cool. The zipperless pocket and the ball silo are two unnecessary items but add some flare and style.

2. When i got the red i was worried, it didnt look great in the pics. But if you can see from my pics i think the red looks great. It matches my TM colors almost perfectly.

3. Most the pockets arent that big. I think you could put some rain gear in the big side pocket. Whats cool is the pockets are a decent size but if you have ever had a stand bag with big pockets that you dont use, you probably hate how they stick out or get caught in the legs, these tho are pretty tight to the body of the bag.

4. The Shling, i think if you are a average size guy you have to check this out, it really does put all the weight on your shoulders and not your back. My bag is heavy, i have a lot of metal shafts and a Heavy Putter so when you pick it up it feels heavy, but once you put it on your shoulders its dramatically lighter.

One more thing, to make a long story short there was some confusion the day i ordered this bag and lets just say that on Monday i will be recieving the Ogio Flight SS with Shling that i won on ebay. I didnt want two but its just happened. So on Monday i am going to try out the Flight and let you guys know the differences between the two of them. Hope all this info helps you guys out. Best thing to do is find one, throw some clubs in it and try it on.

Hey Tears, I just bought a Bridgestone Tour Visor from you on Ebay...Thanks for the quick ship!!!

I am really interested in the Vision bag. I spent my lunch break yesterday in Golf Galaxy and was checking them out. Seems like an awesome bag, and the Shling system was so easy!!

Mind if I ask where you got yours and for what price? Retail on these things is pretty steep....you can buy a name brand 10" STAFF bag for $229!

Thanks, Eric

I got a vision and I gotta say its an awsome bag. all the pockets are perfectly located so you can access everything you need while its on your back.

And the shling works great. I found I was WAY too critical of it while trying it out in the store. All the little things that sort of bothered me weren't even noticed once I got it on the course.

I do have one complaint. I my bag mail order from golf galaxy. when it got here I noticed there was no rain cover!!!!! I called golf galaxy and they said the bag doesn't come with a rain cover!!! WTF!! how much did I just pay for a bag and they can't throw in a freaking rain cover. Did you guys get a cover? someone either at golf galaxy or golfsmith is going to get an ear full from me tomorrow!

I do have one complaint. I my bag mail order from golf galaxy. when it got here I noticed there was no rain cover!!!!! I called golf galaxy and they said the bag doesn't come with a rain cover!!! WTF!! how much did I just pay for a bag and they can't throw in a freaking rain cover. Did you guys get a cover? someone either at golf galaxy or golfsmith is going to get an ear full from me tomorrow!

Try looking at www.ogio.com and check out the Vision SS - if you scroll down below the picture, they clearly state that it features a "zippered rain hood"

http://ogio.com/product.php?product=48

Looks pretty nice too:

vision_ss_silver.jpg

I got a vision and I gotta say its an awsome bag. all the pockets are perfectly located so you can access everything you need while its on your back.

And the shling works great. I found I was WAY too critical of it while trying it out in the store. All the little things that sort of bothered me weren't even noticed once I got it on the course.

Glad to hear you like the bag...I've decided to go buy one tomorrow. Strange that the Vision only comes in two colors...I'm gonna go for the Silver & Black. I still think the price is steep, but it has everything I'm looking for...and from what I can tell it seems really well made. Should stand up well when I throw it on a cart, which is probably 60% of the time.

I'm interested in the Flight SS Schling - and have followed discussions on various forums -

It seems the 2 complaints have been that very athletic big shouldered guys may not find it as comfy and one owner had the one part of the strap that is sewn to the bag come loose/unraveled and so, after three rounds, the Schling got Schlung - it bwoke.

So check the sewing job before you buy.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I bought the Vision SS yesterday (Silver) and think the bag is great. It's abolutely NOT worth $230, but the design is fantastic. I loaded it up last night and playing around with the Shling system for a while to get it comfortable and balanced. Although I've yet to walk 18 with it, I think the shling is a true breakthrough and the best carry system yet.

As for the bag itself, it's very well layed out. However, I think the quality of materials and manufacture are completely average. For a $230 stand bag, I would expect not to have uncut threads sticking out all over, cheap bungee cords and legs that seem a little wrickety.

There should be a method to tightn up the legs (like Ping has) so that when closed, they are snug against the bag and don't hang or move around.

My only other peeve is that the Zipperless Ball Pocket appears crooked to me. It works fine, but from an aesthetic point of view, it should line up nicely with the rest of the bag...

So it's not perfect, but it's still a great bag!! The Shling is awesome and it's got more pockets than I know what to do with (a good thing). Also, I bought this one over the Flight because of the Torque-Strap; A great idea!!

Can't wait to take it out.

Hey fellow golfers I just wanted to add my 2 cents on this. I would stick with the OGIO Edge until OGIO finds a way to make the shling fit different sized golfers. I'm 6'6" and weigh about 240-245 and I couldn't get that thing to fit comfortably when I was trying it. I think it is made to fit an average sized person. Bigger or smaller golfers may have problems. I currently have the Edge bag and think it is the best bag out at this time.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

One more negative is the thing weighs in at 8 pounds (at least mine did).

I bought the Vision SS yesterday (Silver) and think the bag is great. It's abolutely NOT worth $230, but the design is fantastic. I loaded it up last night and playing around with the Shling system for a while to get it comfortable and balanced. Although I've yet to walk 18 with it, I think the shling is a true breakthrough and the best carry system yet.

As for the bag itself, it's very well layed out. However, I think the quality of materials and manufacture are completely average. For a $230 stand bag, I would expect not to have uncut threads sticking out all over, cheap bungee cords and legs that seem a little wrickety.

There should be a method to tightn up the legs (like Ping has) so that when closed, they are snug against the bag and don't hang or move around.

My only other peeve is that the Zipperless Ball Pocket appears crooked to me. It works fine, but from an aesthetic point of view, it should line up nicely with the rest of the bag...

So it's not perfect, but it's still a great bag!! The Shling is awesome and it's got more pockets than I know what to do with (a good thing). Also, I bought this one over the Flight because of the Torque-Strap; A great idea!!

Can't wait to take it out.

Ok, I was excited about the Vision bag, but I returned it. Upon further inspection, I noticed the ZBP was sewn on off center and the legs kept crossing over (one on top of another) making a loud snap when lifting the bag....little things like this bother me; especially when the bag costs as much as it does.

Went with a black and red Titleist x57 for $149 out the door! Doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the Ogio bags have, but I am now of the opinion that simpler is better. The Titleist bag looks great, has 9 pockets (big ones at that) and seems more stable on it's legs than the Ogio. It also feels lighter, although it's supposed to weigh 6.3 lbs. I'm a happy camper.

Ok, I was excited about the Vision bag, but I returned it. Upon further inspection, I noticed the ZBP was sewn on off center and the legs kept crossing over (one on top of another) making a loud snap when lifting the bag....little things like this bother me; especially when the bag costs as much as it does.

Went with a black and red Titleist x57 for $149 out the door! Doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the Ogio bags have, but I am now of the opinion that simpler is better. The Titleist bag looks great, has 9 pockets (big ones at that) and seems more stable on it's legs than the Ogio. It also feels lighter, although it's supposed to weigh 6.3 lbs. I'm a happy camper.

Still the Titleist doesn't have the Ogio Woodesystem, which I love - I'm addicted to this wood system.

Not perfect, but WAY better than the one in the Titleist bag.

I love the design of the Titleist bags, but they are simple and lack innovation, as you mention, and I like technology > Ogio RuleZ ;)

• 5 months later...