2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

College golfer available to answer any questions

Hey guys so I realize that there are a ton of various threads on people asking for advice on how to be recruited, the in and outs of what college golf really is and even just questions on what tournaments to play in high school. So I felt the desire to just start this thread for people to ask me questions on my views on my recruiting process as well as views I have had so far in my college career.

A little bit about myself, I am a from London Ontario Canada but am currently attending the University of Michigan and am a sophomore on their varsity mens golf team. I have started every event so far for my team since the beginning of my freshman year and have had 6 top 10 finishes in the 15 stroke play events that my team has played. I was heavily recruited by many of the top 50 teams in the country while in high school and ended up committing to Michigan in April of my junior year of high school.

My coach has had many of his players go through the recruiting process and he had helped me greatly through mine and I realize how the recruiting process can be very overwhelming and confusing so I am very open to helping anyone that has questions for me as I know any and all help in this difficult process can be helpful.

So again feel free to ask me any questions and I would be happy to help! Oh and as always GO BLUE

2017 M2 10.5 GD Tour AD-TP 6x
2017 M1 3w GD Tour AD-TP 7x
2017 M1 3h Matrix Black Tie 95x
P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x
TaylorMade 2017 Milled 50-SB, 54-SB, 60-LB KBS C-Taper 130x
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for offering your advice. I am a senior in high school so my recruiting process is basically over and I am down to 2-3 schools at this point. I know that Michigan has a great indoor facility so obviously you guys have an advantage over some teams that don't have access to a facility like that but when you were in high school, what type of training did you do in the winter? I am from NY so I know the weather is very similar and one of the schools I am looking at is in upstate NY so the weather is just as cold and they have some access to an indoor facility. Also what is your typical week like including classes, practice, workouts, qualifying rounds, practice rounds for tournaments to the actual tournaments. When school ends what do you do over the summer? Do you focus on practice or play in amateur events and which do you play in if you do? Thanks for any info.

This is great of you to do this...giving back has to be a good feeling.

I am a senior in high school. I do not live in the US. I am not heavily recruited like you were but I have had some contact with coaches. I play a lot of big tournaments and have had some success.

If I get indications that a coach is interested in me, is it wise to push the issue and ask questions like, when do you expect to complete you team for 2015? Or, if you're really not interested in me can you let me know so that I can move on? Questions like that...getting to the point.

One more question. If you feel that a coach is interested in you, should you still continue sending your profile to other coaches? I guess I just don't know if coaches talk and whether that can come back and get you.

Think Michigan would be interested in me? ha.

Thanks

[quote name='myoung1072' timestamp='1391452515' post='8590982']
Thanks for offering your advice. I am a senior in high school so my recruiting process is basically over and I am down to 2-3 schools at this point. I know that Michigan has a great indoor facility so obviously you guys have an advantage over some teams that don't have access to a facility like that but when you were in high school, what type of training did you do in the winter? I am from NY so I know the weather is very similar and one of the schools I am looking at is in upstate NY so the weather is just as cold and they have some access to an indoor facility. Also what is your typical week like including classes, practice, workouts, qualifying rounds, practice rounds for tournaments to the actual tournaments. When school ends what do you do over the summer? Do you focus on practice or play in amateur events and which do you play in if you do? Thanks for any info.
[/quote]

So I'll start with explaining a typical week for us in the off season as that will kind of cover a few of your questions. So for me this semester I ended up scheduling my classes to have fridays off (we miss a lot in the spring season) so i start my classes at 8:30 am Monday through Thursday. We schedule our classes to try to be done by 1 pm so that we can be at practice and fully ready (if guys didn't get there early anyways) by the time official practice starts at 2 pm and goes till 5 pm. I'll go into more depth on what a typical practice looks like in a sec. From 5-6 pm Monday through Friday we have workouts with Monday, Wednesday, and Friday being lifting days and Tuesdays and Thursdays being conditioning, TPI work, and some recovery stuff. From workouts, especially on lifting days, we will go and cold tub to help and make sure our bodies are feeling right for the next day and to recover faster, and then if guys have any issues with their body they may do some more work with our physio guy. So that will finish around say 6:20, then the guys will typically grab some dinner then head off to study. We have an Academic Center which is mandatory for freshman to attend 8 hours a week (not enough usually) but upperclassmen will use it as well. The tutor support at the AC is really beneficial for us as it makes your time much more efficient. So guys will typically study from 7:30-10:00 on a regular basis with it more than likely being longer than that a day. Then from there quiet it down and maybe finish up some last readings for classes before heading to bed which is usually like 12 if you're lucky hahaha.

As far as practice in the offseason we will have some team competition sometimes at the end of practices but for the most part its a lot of individual work. Guys will have some specific drills from the coaches in order to work on an individual aspect of their game. Right now we have some combine type work to test guys and measure them up against their teammates which is fun to have guys competing in the off season in a competitive nature.

For tournament weeks they are a lot different than what you're accustom to in junior golf. Typically you'll fly out on a Thursday evening to an event and get into whatever hotel maybe around 10 or so. Then practice round the next day, followed usually by a tournament dinner, then you'll get back and want to hit the hay but know you have some work for school to do. Then the first tournament day is typically 36 holes, usually meaning a nice little 6:15 am alarm and play all day, team dinner, followed by some studying and packing to get ready to leave the next morning. The second day of the tournament is another very early morning with 18 holes, lunch, trophy presentation, and then pack up the vans and head to the airport to catch another evening flight back to your school.

As far as what I've done after school ended I've done a little bit different route in where I've taken classes in a condensed "spring/summer" term that for Michigan takes place from early May to near the end of June. This allows me to take a little lighter schedule during our actual team season which when at a school like Michigan and being an athlete is almost needed. So I did that after my freshman year and in my July-August summer I played 6 weeks worth of events which was quite busy. I made sure I gave myself my last week and a bit off in order to take a quick breather before I headed back to Ann Arbor. I was actually young enough to be eligible to play in junior events in Canada so I ended up playing my provincial mens am, provincial junior am, a great team event called the KCC invitational where college players play in a 2 man match play setting with members of the club, my national junior championship, national mens am, and then just a couple little local events just for fun.

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x

[quote name='semi' timestamp='1391456058' post='8591376']
This is great of you to do this...giving back has to be a good feeling.

I am a senior in high school. I do not live in the US. I am not heavily recruited like you were but I have had some contact with coaches. I play a lot of big tournaments and have had some success.

If I get indications that a coach is interested in me, is it wise to push the issue and ask questions like, when do you expect to complete you team for 2015? Or, if you're really not interested in me can you let me know so that I can move on? Questions like that...getting to the point.

One more question. If you feel that a coach is interested in you, should you still continue sending your profile to other coaches? I guess I just don't know if coaches talk and whether that can come back and get you.

Think Michigan would be interested in me? ha.

Thanks
[/quote]

I would say in regards to your first set of questions that you first should seem confident in your abilities and attributes that there is no reason a coach would not be interested in you. I think when things start getting more serious with a coach it is totally fair to ask where you sit on their pecking order, just to get a good sense. You'll have a pretty good feeling of when this question would be appropriate to be asked imo.

There is no issue with keeping your options open, I would say to definitely keep contacting other schools. You would be surprised as to just how many kids are recruited each year to each school so theres no reason why you cannot do the same and have a number of schools on your list. I know that was one thing that really surprised me in my freshman year was just how many kids visit a school.

Ha I mean no reason to not send them an email! Chris and Nick are both great guys and I found them to be the most honest throughout the whole process for me so seriously there's no reason to not send them an email. Not to mention Michigan is just a phenomenal school and the experience for their student athletes is truly second to none.

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x

[quote name='WolverineGolfer2016' timestamp='1391477243' post='8593562']
[quote name='myoung1072' timestamp='1391452515' post='8590982']
[/quote]

So I'll start with explaining a typical week for us in the off season as that will kind of cover a few of your questions. So for me this semester I ended up scheduling my classes to have fridays off (we miss a lot in the spring season) so i start my classes at 8:30 am Monday through Thursday. We schedule our classes to try to be done by 1 pm so that we can be at practice and fully ready (if guys didn't get there early anyways) by the time official practice starts at 2 pm and goes till 5 pm. I'll go into more depth on what a typical practice looks like in a sec. From 5-6 pm Monday through Friday we have workouts with Monday, Wednesday, and Friday being lifting days and Tuesdays and Thursdays being conditioning, TPI work, and some recovery stuff. From workouts, especially on lifting days, we will go and cold tub to help and make sure our bodies are feeling right for the next day and to recover faster, and then if guys have any issues with their body they may do some more work with our physio guy. So that will finish around say 6:20, then the guys will typically grab some dinner then head off to study. We have an Academic Center which is mandatory for freshman to attend 8 hours a week (not enough usually) but upperclassmen will use it as well. The tutor support at the AC is really beneficial for us as it makes your time much more efficient. So guys will typically study from 7:30-10:00 on a regular basis with it more than likely being longer than that a day. Then from there quiet it down and maybe finish up some last readings for classes before heading to bed which is usually like 12 if you're lucky hahaha.

As far as practice in the offseason we will have some team competition sometimes at the end of practices but for the most part its a lot of individual work. Guys will have some specific drills from the coaches in order to work on an individual aspect of their game. Right now we have some combine type work to test guys and measure them up against their teammates which is fun to have guys competing in the off season in a competitive nature.

For tournament weeks they are a lot different than what you're accustom to in junior golf. Typically you'll fly out on a Thursday evening to an event and get into whatever hotel maybe around 10 or so. Then practice round the next day, followed usually by a tournament dinner, then you'll get back and want to hit the hay but know you have some work for school to do. Then the first tournament day is typically 36 holes, usually meaning a nice little 6:15 am alarm and play all day, team dinner, followed by some studying and packing to get ready to leave the next morning. The second day of the tournament is another very early morning with 18 holes, lunch, trophy presentation, and then pack up the vans and head to the airport to catch another evening flight back to your school.

As far as what I've done after school ended I've done a little bit different route in where I've taken classes in a condensed "spring/summer" term that for Michigan takes place from early May to near the end of June. This allows me to take a little lighter schedule during our actual team season which when at a school like Michigan and being an athlete is almost needed. So I did that after my freshman year and in my July-August summer I played 6 weeks worth of events which was quite busy. I made sure I gave myself my last week and a bit off in order to take a quick breather before I headed back to Ann Arbor. I was actually young enough to be eligible to play in junior events in Canada so I ended up playing my provincial mens am, provincial junior am, a great team event called the KCC invitational where college players play in a 2 man match play setting with members of the club, my national junior championship, national mens am, and then just a couple little local events just for fun.
[/quote]Thanks a lot for the information, I appreciate it. Good luck this season!

[quote name='BirdiesnoBogeys' timestamp='1391614548' post='8603013']
Excellent of you to do this, being from Canada what did your summer tournament schedule set up like through high school? CJGA events? GAO events? AJGA? USGA?
[/quote]

I mainly stuck with playing GAO events and RCGA (now Golf Canada) events. I never in my life have played a CJGA event, the general consensus on them is that they are meant for players not at the level to play in GAO events, not hating on the tour as they do a great job running their events from what I'm told, but they are in no way the same or even close to comparable in competition level to AJGA or GAO events.

Events I played in while in high school include:

every high school event we played (winning provincials and nationals senior year)
GAO Spring classic, GAO ontario Jr, GAO Ontario Mens Amateur (played both the mens and jr match play once each but just timing wise wasn't right)
Golf Canada Canadian Jr's, Canadian Men's Amateur, CN future links ontario championship
would try and qualify for US juniors every year, ended up qualifying in 2012 when the Golf Club of New England hosted
played the Hudson Junior one year (would have played again if not for poor timing)
Also never played an AGJA event, competition level was already great in Canada with guys like Albin Choi, Richard Jung, Adam Svensson, Mitch Sutton (high school teammate actually) that there wasn't a reason really for me to play in them...also financially did not make sense with travel costs and membership fees etc.

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x

How many miles a day do you walk while going to class on campus?

What is your favorite hookah flavor?

What beer do you use for pong and what is your house rules?

What is the best place to grab lunch between classes at Michigan?

I'm kidding of course. I had a friend on the golf team when I was in college and didn't really envy the life. I played through high school and missed the competition until he told me his schedule. Good job starting this thread, I know it will help some young guys.

Hi,

When is the best time to start recruiting? This fall I will be entering HS and hopefully making varsity golf with enough work this summer. Do you feel it's ever too early to start contacting coaches?

Patrick

Taylormade R1 10°
Taylormade RBZ 15°
Titleist TSI3 20°

Ping S55 3-P
Vokey SM9 52° 58°

Bettinardi Studio Stock 9

[quote name='pkwilli1999' timestamp='1391699089' post='8609127']
Hi,

When is the best time to start recruiting? This fall I will be entering HS and hopefully making varsity golf with enough work this summer. Do you feel it's ever too early to start contacting coaches?

Patrick
[/quote]

While people might say in other threads "oh gotta start ASAP and get noticed...blah blah blah" I really don't believe this to be true. I would say for you still being in Grade 8 to not worry or stress about college stuff yet. While the recruiting process is fun, it is also a very stressful and time consuming process. I would say for next fall and this summer to work on your game to be ready for your summer events and high school tryouts and really just have fun with it. Through your freshman year of high school, focus on keeping a strong GPA and working on your game. Your summer between your freshman and sophomore year IMO you should start to build up a strong resume of tournaments and then after you summer season and when you begin your sophomore year of high school I would say to make up a list of places that you would be interested in going to, within reason your honest level of ability on the course and in the classroom. For me I made an excel spreadsheet of a broad list of 30-40 schools I would be interested in, and make some general points as to why I see myself fitting in there. From this list you can begin to send out emails to these schools introducing yourself, why you think you would fit well at the school, and why the school interests you. You should also add your previous playing resume to the email, your high school grades, and your upcoming season's schedule.

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x

[quote name='thejuniorgolfer' timestamp='1392171010' post='8648749']
Hey I am a 13 year old golfer who shoots in the 80's from a 6000 yard course...how soon should I start the recruiting process?
[/quote]

Hey sorry for the late response here had a busy week with exams and then a tournament in Florida. Similar to what I said in the post above yours I would wait till grade 10 to start sending stuff out and beginning your recruiting process. For now just try and enjoy the game and getting as much tournament experience as possible so that when you do get to the point in your recruiting process where coaches are looking at your scores and watching you play you're already so comfortable on the course in tournament experience that you won't be phased by it at all. I would say the only time where you would begin before grade 10 is if your game is so polished that coaches are taking notice to you and coming to watch you, rather than you reaching out to them.

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x

Thanks for doing this. Pretty cool of you. Im a freshman in hs. We are currently in the middle of qualifying for our first tournament. We have 5 returning Varsity starters so I wasnt thinking I would have much of a chance but Im currently 4th with two qualifiers left before our first tourn. My question is this. Ive read that you need to be realistic about what schools you contact. I guess Im wondering, will I even be good enough to be a college golfer? What type of scores do I need to be shooting my jr and sr years to play D1 golf? Ive been working like crazy on my short game and its paid off in the qualifiers.Just curious what I will need to be shooting to be considered for D1. I dont want to contact a school if Im really not at "that" level. Thanks.

[quote name='WolverineGolfer2016' timestamp='1391443808' post='8590074']
Hey guys so I realize that there are a ton of various threads on people asking for advice on how to be recruited, the in and outs of what college golf really is and even just questions on what tournaments to play in high school. So I felt the desire to just start this thread for people to ask me questions on my views on my recruiting process as well as views I have had so far in my college career.

A little bit about myself, I am a from London Ontario Canada but am currently attending the University of Michigan and am a sophomore on their varsity mens golf team. I have started every event so far for my team since the beginning of my freshman year and have had 6 top 10 finishes in the 15 stroke play events that my team has played. I was heavily recruited by many of the top 50 teams in the country while in high school and ended up committing to Michigan in April of my junior year of high school.

My coach has had many of his players go through the recruiting process and he had helped me greatly through mine and I realize how the recruiting process can be very overwhelming and confusing so I am very open to helping anyone that has questions for me as I know any and all help in this difficult process can be helpful.

So again feel free to ask me any questions and I would be happy to help! Oh and as always GO BLUE
[/quote]

6 top 10 finishes?!?! and starting every event, that is awesome man! seriously, I know how hard that is. and then having a good enough attitude to get on here and help people out by answer questions...very cool. keep going, and good luck!!!

Hey man, I am a freshman in high school. I played golf for my team and played the #5 spot on varsity. I have been golfing for 5 years now and I consider myself to be a decent player compared to when I started (current 12 HC). What do you think the chances are for someone like me to ever play college golf? I have access to a great facility and practice as much as I can year round (not now, there is 2 ft. of snow here in PA). what do you think is the best thing for me to do right now? Thanks so much.

Taylormade SLDR White driver
Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
Miura CB-201 Irons 3-PW
Vokey SM4 50*/Vokey SM6 54*/Vokey SM6 58* wedges
Titleist Scotty Cameron American Classic Bullseye Putter
Jones Golf Bag

[quote name='VinnieT98' timestamp='1393104707' post='8723572']
Hey man, I am a freshman in high school. I played golf for my team and played the #5 spot on varsity. I have been golfing for 5 years now and I consider myself to be a decent player compared to when I started (current 12 HC). What do you think the chances are for someone like me to ever play college golf? I have access to a great facility and practice as much as I can year round (not now, there is 2 ft. of snow here in PA). what do you think is the best thing for me to do right now? Thanks so much.
[/quote]

I can tell you this, and first let me say that you should try your hardest and give it your best shot. No regrets in that.

So, the best guy in our high school was one year ahead of me. In the three years that I played with him the highest score I ever remember him recording was a 75. He usually shot a 69 or 70, sometimes mid 60s. He had a local course record with a 59 I believe. The guy was unbelievable. I thought for sure I was getting to enjoy time with a future member of the PGA. And a good one at that! He got a full ride to University of Kentucky, but was red-shirted his first year. He did well, and tried some mini tours, but he never got his card and is now a head club pro. Now, of course, that is a division one school. So I think honestly even if you never shot mid sixties but at least never really shot too much more than mid 70s you could possibly go to a school like that. Maybe division two or 3 if you are consisitently 4 or 5 over. But I remember that really opening my eyes because I thought pro golfers just shot par. And I know you are just asking about college, but I realized that par in high school at those courses is different than par at college, which is different than par on a mini-tour, and certainly different than par in the PGA. Anyway, just a goal to work towards. Consistency is the key! And remember, I think Michael Jordon didn't make his high school basketball team as like a sophomore or something so just practice like crazy and realize your potential!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly try as hard as I can, but I think D1 is a bit extreme for me. I feel that if I continue getting better at the rate I am going, I could definitely be a <5 handicap by my senior year. I know my high school home course is easy. All of the high school courses are fairly easy. The course that I practice and play at outside of HS golf is much harder (6,400 yards from the tees I play from and incredibly challenging).

Miura CB-201 Irons 3-PW
Jones Golf Bag

[quote name='VinnieT98' timestamp='1393118958' post='8724922']
Thanks for the advice. I will certainly try as hard as I can, but I think D1 is a bit extreme for me. I feel that if I continue getting better at the rate I am going, I could definitely be a <5 handicap by my senior year. I know my high school home course is easy. All of the high school courses are fairly easy. The course that I practice and play at outside of HS golf is much harder (6,400 yards from the tees I play from and incredibly challenging).
[/quote]

Well I think if you can get your handicap below 5 you can definitely play somewhere. And remember that most of your shots are 100 yards and in. If you can develop a great short game you can play on any course. And you can always practice for harder courses. Like tee off with a 4 or 5 iron on your course, (or whatever it may be) to give yourself a lot of 150-190 yard shots in as opposed to 110-150. Maybe doing that once a week will help your long iron game. Just an idea. We used to do that. And we would have fun competitions, like you had to start the hole behind a tree or something like that around the tee box area, obviously with an iron, so that you had to shape your shots. We would have "low rounds" from the red tees or senior tees. Really wasn't about score except for a couple of rounds a week. It was more about striking the ball and putting. I think this breaks up the monotony and gives you a lot of shots in your bag so when you encounter some odd shots in competition you can think, "oh yeah, I've actually hit this shot before." You have to practice with guys that are fun, but still serious enough to see the value in it and not goof off all the time. Practiced with some guys like that and it simply wasn't productive. Brings your game down.

Thanks. The HS golf season is really only a month long, so for most of the year I'm only practicing by myself, with my dad, or a friend or two. During the season we do like to have fun though, playing weekly scrambles and 4-club rounds.

Miura CB-201 Irons 3-PW
Jones Golf Bag

[quote name='VinnieT98' timestamp='1393122785' post='8725350']
Thanks. The HS golf season is really only a month long, so for most of the year I'm only practicing by myself, with my dad, or a friend or two. During the season we do like to have fun though, playing weekly scrambles and 4-club rounds.
[/quote]

Very cool. Is it always that short of a season? I could be remembering wrong, but I thought ours was longer back in the day. Maybe it's changed, because I also remember never going to class in order to drive far for matches...lol.

Yes, the season is pretty short unless you make it really far (i.e. states, regionals) but it is a lot of work, and we practice every day for a few hours and sometimes play practice rounds on weekends before big events.

Miura CB-201 Irons 3-PW
Jones Golf Bag

[color=#282828]My son is a sophomore and is being recruited by a D1 school that has been in the top 50 for the last 5 or 6 years. The coach wants him to verbally commit and my son is leaning towards doing that but he also would like to go thru the recruiting process.My question is, Is it smart to verbally commit early? I know its not binding but if he commits,but he wants to stick to his word. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.[/color][color=#282828]Just some info,the school is in our state. His teacher ,who he has been going to since he was 11 is very close to the school and actually teaches a couple guys on the team and they play on some of the best courses in the country.[/color]
[color=#282828]Thanks [/color]

[quote name='ANG' timestamp='1393779242' post='8778064']
[color=#282828]My son is a sophomore and is being recruited by a D1 school that has been in the top 50 for the last 5 or 6 years. The coach wants him to verbally commit and my son is leaning towards doing that but he also would like to go thru the recruiting process.My question is, Is it smart to verbally commit early? I know its not binding but if he commits,but he wants to stick to his word. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.[/color][color=#282828]Just some info,the school is in our state. His teacher ,who he has been going to since he was 11 is very close to the school and actually teaches a couple guys on the team and they play on some of the best courses in the country.[/color]
[color=#282828]Thanks [/color]
[/quote]

Seeing from your posting history you seemed to ask this question in November as well. Just wondering if the coach has actually told your son he would like him to come to a decision in the near future or not? There's a difference between the player/their family thinking something and the actual coach's process of coming to a decision. If he would like your son to commit I'm surprised he hasn't made him an offer, as if you had asked this question on here almost 4 months ago I can't see a coach keeping an offer on the table for that long of a period of time.

While I can't really say if there is a "right" time to commit I'll give you a little information on my recruiting process and coming to a decision. So for me I had figured I would not come to a decision until the beginning of my senior year of high school, in reality though I ended up committing in the beginning of April of my junior year of high school. The reason I did not wait longer was the fact that even if I played a great season of junior and amateur events the offer amount I was going to receive would not have really been any higher than at that time. In the end I was very fortunate to have committed when I did as I had a family emergency that took up most of my free time and practice time for my summer. With this my golf game took a bit of a hit but had to take care of more important things at that time.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you feel comfortable with the school and that your son could excel at all aspects of college life at a price of which is right for your family. If not and your son feels as though with his game there could be bigger and better things in his future in recruitment then I'd say keep things open and enjoy the process.

Hope this helps

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x

Hi,
I know im really late in the process but i believe i can still do it.
Im about a 1 handicap and plan on getting into the + range this spring. I am from pa, so I cant golf until april. Im currently a junior, and havent really played well until this year. Ive never done anything to get recruited, and just realize i really want to play college golf. So, i plan on playing a lot of events this spring and then sending my stuff to schools in the summer going into my senior year. Is it too late? or can i still get a shot to play on a good team?

Thanks for all help i can get

Callaway Rogue ST TD w/ Tensei White 65X
Callaway Rogue ST 15* w/ Tensei White 75X
Callaway Mavrik Pro 19* Hybrid w/ KBS Prototype 95 X
Ping i230 w/ DG X100 120
Callaway Jaws 50,54,58 w/ KBS 610 Wedge 125
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LeftySniper' timestamp='1394030969' post='8802683']
Hi,
I know im really late in the process but i believe i can still do it.
Im about a 1 handicap and plan on getting into the + range this spring. I am from pa, so I cant golf until april. Im currently a junior, and havent really played well until this year. Ive never done anything to get recruited, and just realize i really want to play college golf. So, i plan on playing a lot of events this spring and then sending my stuff to schools in the summer going into my senior year. Is it too late? or can i still get a shot to play on a good team?

Thanks for all help i can get
[/quote]

It's definitely not too late, may be a bit more difficult but it's definitely not too late. The one issue that you will face is many "good" programs may already have commits for your class so that will narrow down your list of possible options. I would send your swing video and upcoming schedule to schools that you are interested in and get their feedback on their programs as well as your chances of playing there. Then if they like you they would be more than willing to come out and see you play at a tournament this summer and go from there.

Hope this helps.

P-770 KBS C-Taper 130x