Clutch Shot

on last hole of my match yesterday
Hey guys i just wanted to tell you all about my high school match yesterday. i started out playing very bad (bogeyed the first three had a 7 iron into one of the par 5's for my second shot and made par bogeyed the 8th and still shot 38) so were playing and im losing to my opponent by 1 whom i know i should never lose to and i crush my drive on the 9th hole to about 70 yards from the pin and as im getting ready for the shot thinking of what to hit i think to myself "if i make this i will still beat him" so i pull sand wedge and hit a little 3/4 shot and its tracking the whole time bounces short of the pin and rolls in for EAGLE!! (my first holeout from that distance) I was pretty excited and it helped me relax from what could have been a very poor round. so thanks for listening guys if youve had anything similar happen feel free to post it. :tongue:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the question here should be how do you play an X-Flex in your Driver and R in your 3 wood lol???

haha honestly i wonder that too. i really do play an x flex in my driver and i think because it is a bore through on the 904 it makes a play a little stiffer and i think, but could be wrong, that the YS-6 is a stronger shaft than the flex says. i really dont know how it works because now that you mention it i got a new 3 wood wednesday same head only with a fuji speeder in x flex and i felt like it was too harsh feeling and it didnt fit my swing as well as the GD does. but as long as im surgical with the R flex 3 wood i have :D im not gonna question it lol :tongue:

That's true don't mess with success...I was just wondering who cares really what you use it they work eh?

Anyone staying on topic...the only story I have like that was last year I hit my drive in a hazard about 130 yards from the green on a par 4...I found it and had no shot so I punched out about 5 yards out of the forest in the rough. I was about 105-110 away and hit a SW to an elevated green. It looked real good but I couldn't see anything due to the elevation. So I walk up and there are two balls within 10 feet so i figure one is mine...nope...looking long, bunker, where the hell is my ball? So obviously it's in the hole for birdie...although that was the only brightspot of my round...I shot a 79 from the middle tees on a day where I hit 15 GIR...the next day I bought a new putter :P

Playing one of the assistant pros at my course for a bucka hole after work, a 5 hole match (10, 11, 12, then shoot over to 1, and come back on 9). I won the first, tied the second, won the third. Next hole, 534 yard par 5, we played irons only, and the winner of that hole would get $2, one for the hole itself, and one for the sidegame of irons only.

I pretty much hack up the hole, chipping my 4th shot from about 30 yards off the green. Hit the shot crisp, and it followed the contours of the fringe where I bounced it too onto the green, and straight into the hole. I was flipping out.

Oh, and the last hole I hit a solid PW to a foot and made birdie, beating him 4 up.

[sign here]

I had something like that last year. I was playing in a qualifier and was 3 over on the front (pretty good for me). Then I was struggling on the back, and had just gone double boegy, bogey, double bogey. The next hole (par 4) I hit my tee shot left, next shot short, and third over the green. I had about a 70 ft chip and drained it. Hit my tee shot on the next hole to 5 ft and made biride, then parred the 18th for 78. Still didn't qualify...3 shots shy...some kid in the older age group shot 63. Still a fun finish though.

Also, about 3 years ago, I was playing a nine hole match and was 3 down after 4. It started raining, and then I proceeded to win 4 of the next 5 holes to win the match. That was fun.

Jack

pretty good and similar story today, i was just playing in a 4 some with a few guys i didnt really know, but they brought their game for sure, and we all brought our $25 wager, to step up the stakes a bit, we were on the 17th and i was tied with him, the first place guy was on the green with in 5 feet for par and a 67 through 17.. i was about 87 yards out so i took a lob wedge and dead aim, sure enough, i took a pretty full swing, trying to spin it more than anything, ended up landing about 2 and a half feet behind the hole and it landed and then spun back like magic right into the cup. i was ecstatic, i knew i still had a par 4 to battle on 18 but i had gotten ahead by 1 shot, from being 1 off the leader, to being one ahead of the pack with my current score of 66, anyways the 18th was pretty stock, i made par and he made par to end up shooting par 72, with my par i managed to shoot a 2 under 70 and got to take home my $100.. pretty fun day imo, always nice to win a little coin

I had the best clutch shot ever in my clubs junior open last year.

I was paired with this under 16 welsh international, (well he had playd 1 game for wales) and we were both the favourites to win (him more than me) I wanted to kick his a** so bad because everyone raves about him being so good in my county and im abit quiet and let my game do the talking and people are starting to notice im a pretty good player. Anyway on the 18th he asked me what my score was and I said +6, and he said he was +6 too but I had better back nine (yes our scores wernt too great lol) and then i hit my 2nd shot into the bunker with a 52* haha!!!! then he sticks his too 8ft, i had buried lie and hack it out to 40ft! because i was rakeing the bunker and stuff i let him go first and he missed his birdie so i had to hole the 40fter to win!

I SINK IT! hits the back of the hole jumps up and falls in HAHA! it felt so great, fist pump and everything and abit of a tennis player kind of YEAAAH! shout lol!

He storms off in a mood goes in my pro shop and ses to the pro i cheated because my mate gave me a lift in the buggy from the 12th green to the 13th tee. My pro wanted nothing to do with it so I WIN! woooooo.

I had the best clutch shot ever in my clubs junior open last year.

I was paired with this under 16 welsh international, (well he had playd 1 game for wales) and we were both the favourites to win (him more than me) I wanted to kick his a** so bad because everyone raves about him being so good in my county and im abit quiet and let my game do the talking and people are starting to notice im a pretty good player. Anyway on the 18th he asked me what my score was and I said +6, and he said he was +6 too but I had better back nine (yes our scores wernt too great lol) and then i hit my 2nd shot into the bunker with a 52* haha!!!! then he sticks his too 8ft, i had buried lie and hack it out to 40ft! because i was rakeing the bunker and stuff i let him go first and he missed his birdie so i had to hole the 40fter to win!

I SINK IT! hits the back of the hole jumps up and falls in HAHA! it felt so great, fist pump and everything and abit of a tennis player kind of YEAAAH! shout lol!

He storms off in a mood goes in my pro shop and ses to the pro i cheated because my mate gave me a lift in the buggy from the 12th green to the 13th tee. My pro wanted nothing to do with it so I WIN! woooooo.

what welsh international did you play?And what handicap was he? what area of wales are you situated in.

Yeah...the 78 was for the MGA Juniors/ Boys qualifier at Rye. I thought I should have had no problem qualifying for the Boys division with that score, but I was still 3 shots out of a playoff. The scores were nuts. I'm good friends with the guy who won the juniors, Pastore, and he only shot 77 at another qualifiyng location. The course was either playing really easy or it was a really strong field.

Jack

No, never played with Rhys Enoch. Im gona enter some of the welsh championships this year hopefully, i only played for 3 years so havent really felt ready for welsh championships but this year im gona play in them.

Ive heard Rhys Enoch is an amazing player and he aint that old is he? About 15, 16. I played with a boy called Gareth Phillips from Cregiau once tho and I thought he was a pretty good player!

Are you playing in Vale Of Glamorgan Faldo Series Qualifier tommorow? Or are you up North Wales?

• 2 weeks later...