2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met with Tana today and we had a very good 30 minute conversation. She's a great person and I like her and may work with them in the future - time will tell. Tyson was not there. The booth to me looked fine and will improve next year as they progress. As far as the dick insert, I don't think it was appropriate but he's his own maker. If I was him (which I am not) I would have said something to the effect of "hey dude, I'll do this for you but let's keep it off of social media even though you're proud of your 1.5" dick on the back of your putter and your horribly given name" or something along those lines...

No offense but you met someone for 30 minutes and determined they are a great person? Especially after what you went through? And the booth didn't look fine. I put the pics up a few pages back so we all know the booth looked like a Salvation Army store bargain bin filled with 20 year old wedges and random persimmon drivers. It was the equivalent of going to buy a Ferrari at Crazy Eddies Used Car's.

Kinda reminds me of that Movie "Used Cars" when the shady sales guy Kurt Russell shagged that lady looking to buy a car in the back of an AMC Pacer, or was it an AMC Gremlin??? LoL!!!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Some people get it some don't, and likely never will.

The work Tyson displays on IG, both his putters, and arranged photos scream out that HE absolutely gets it. He is an artist and his work is brilliant. The extreme difference between what he typically produces and the quality of that display CANNOT be understated. Putters banging together in a 2 for 1 bin was an epic fail.

It would have been like debuting the LaFerrari in some swinging Doug's used car lot.

Sure anecdotally you could demonstrate how some number still sold, but image is everything when we're talking stratospheric price points, and an opportunity to explode onto the scene (shock and awe) was lost.

The work Tyson displays on IG, both his putters, and arranged photos scream out that HE absolutely gets it. He is an artist and his work is brilliant. The extreme difference between what he typically produces and the quality of that display CANNOT be understated. Putters banging together in a 2 for 1 bin was an epic fail.

It would have been like debuting the LaFerrari in some swinging Doug's used car lot.

Sure anecdotally you could demonstrate how some number still sold, but image is everything when we're talking stratospheric price points, and an opportunity to explode onto the scene (shock and awe) was lost.

Your perceptions are your own and if you choose to believe that your perception is the only one viewed, then you have been far disappointed before than you are now by Tyson Lamb. His brand is hardly anything yet. Opportunity lost or not, who's to say whether the display is not better for his image at this time? Remember, your rebuttal will be part of your limited & current perception-- no offense.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

Your perceptions are your own and if you choose to believe that your perception is the only one viewed, then you have been far disappointed before than you are now by Tyson Lamb. His brand is hardly anything yet. Opportunity lost or not, who's to say whether the display is not better for his image at this time? Remember, your rebuttal will be part of your limited & current perception-- no offense.

I do disagree of course, but I can appreciate your well thought out response.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should produce certain themes, especially when trying to capture market in high-end niche market.

Nothing screams high end like F Bombs, $#!*, BIG 'RICHARD', Brash and Arrogant, WTF and BAMF.

Granted these stamps are only on a small selection of the putters that Lamb has posted. The overwhelming majority are clean. Some of the stamps are creative. Some of the stamps have been done before.

I like the Lamb Logo, the T. Lamb and Tyson Lamb script, the big L and the word LAMB printed inside the outline of Texas.

Sort of like a dog taking a dump or a dog with balls hanging off it? I don't like it either and would never have any of that on my putter, but he's hardly the only one stamping some ridiculous things on custom putters.

Golf Gods.... Seamus Golf.... SC.... you poke at one, you poke at them all..... Lets all raise up our golfing social justice torches and pitchforks and demand they stop producing such distasteful products of our beloved game.

To each their own.... you don't like it, don't buy it... don't "like" it...

Sorry, rant over. Back to the topic.

I doubt Tyson had any control over the booth as it was a Table Rock booth owned by Jim Butler. Jim's booth, Jim's display. I guarantee if it was a Lamb Crafted booth it would've looked way different.

I wouldn't judge the quality of his putters based on Jim Butler's booth.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

Covers and Gripmasters

280cde280fedf8120e619ad26d5e6dff.jpg

8682bc80c205fd2cfe6443bd130127d3.jpg

More pics please. You rolled them yet? How do they feel?

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

33bd38d9cf658563cf94801545cf9b64.jpg

566e3998a0dda4f83c3db40b2df999c7.jpg14251dd8494c21719b2bf79c158aef10.jpgff8b9324d3576daee1ef62f9f8d81f97.jpg0d882456358d09e53387f42c780c4f53.jpgf2bb7e68cd21cd2f6285e12fe9f40a5f.jpg9aac29bcc5735926655b51e096f5450f.jpgf08f9014e30dc9333c253665bbc0af87.jpg0fd8469bd03ec868755d317d2b742dc6.jpg

The feel with these putters is unlike any other. There's a lot to these putters that other producers don't put this much effort into.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

So how was pricing on these since they came from tablerock and not Tyson directly?

They're expensive. My opinion is this: if you're not willing to spend $3k on one of these putters, you're not going to for two reasons: you'd never spend $3k on a putter or you strongly dislike Tyson Lamb. If you're neither of those, he's worth your time and money. $3k is purely speculation that that is what the average will be.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

So how was pricing on these since they came from tablerock and not Tyson directly?

They're expensive. My opinion is this: if you're not willing to spend $3k on one of these putters, you're not going to for two reasons: you'd never spend $3k on a putter or you strongly dislike Tyson Lamb. If you're neither of those, he's worth your time and money. $3k is purely speculation that that is what the average will be.

What about all the guys who are willing to spend 3k on a putter, don't dislike Lamb, but prefer one of many other options? That segment is way bigger than either of the two you described. I'm starting to think your his cousin or something.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

What about all the guys who are willing to spend 3k on a putter, don't dislike Lamb, but prefer one of many other options? That segment is way bigger than either of the two you described. I'm starting to think your his cousin or something.

I'm surprised by how great of an option they are. So I took some liberties without thinking much about the other brands, seeing as this is a Tyson Lamb Thread.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I'm surprised by how great of an option they are. So I took some liberties without thinking much about the other brands, seeing as this is a Tyson Lamb Thread.

Noted. Personally I prefer to write reviews after more than a few 8 footers indoors. Whatever works for you though.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Noted. Personally I prefer to write reviews after more than a few 8 footers indoors. Whatever works for you though.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with the quote(s) above but I was clear in the review that it was a basic summary. I limited it to what I had done and didn't make speculations. I'm sure you're aware it's winter.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

It's pretty clear that there are very few who use this thread as an opportunity to learn about Lamb putters. The group mentality, especially in this thread, is pretty surprising.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I just don't understand why all the "fanboys" posts come off as SO defensive and SO hostile. That...is what makes me not want a putter....

Not him, but his supporters. Tyson and Tana seem to be great people, but the supporters are biggest thing keeping me away. Literally ever post I read from a select few is responded to in a matter that someone made a death threat to your family.

If you recall, I had quite a few posts that were critical of his brand's perception. Not of the putters. The group mentality does create an "us vs. them" feel to this thread. If the thread were actually about the putters, maybe people would be more responsive.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

If you recall, I had quite a few posts that were critical of his brand's perception. Not of the putters. The group mentality does create an "us vs. them" feel to this thread. If the thread were actually about the putters, maybe people would be more responsive.

I agree. I think the people just want more in hand pics and reviews instead of reused insta pics. There's a few people that post in hand pics, but we don't really know who has putters besides a select few on here.

It's hard to justify spending 3k on a putter when there are no reviews and no way to test them.

I remember speaking with them about this. Do something that people can rent the putter for a weekend. Make a bunch of SIMPLE stuff with sample, not for sale, all over it...take our credit card. Charge us $50+ shipping for the weekend. Or whatever.

If it isn't returned to them, charge us the full $2k or whatever you feel is best penalty.

I think doing that would get More putters out in people's hands and increase the validity.

Just my 2 cents; and maybe not even a viable option.

All I want is too see more reviews and get one in hand before I drop 3k like that.

I think that's fair.

I saw them at the PGA show and I was disappointed in the putters. I thought i would be more impressed. I especially disliked some of the face milling that seemed to randomly stop before reaching all the way to the heel (not like the one posted above that one has clear separation between the face milling and the smooth area on the heel where the logo is the ones I am talking about did not)

Tyson is clearly talented at finishing putters but the price is VERY high considering your getting a putter that is made by a CNC machine and then hand finished. Not a completely hand made putter that takes a ton of time to make. The only reason Scotty charges that much is he has a very established brand w huge amounts of Tour success. Tyson has a very long way to go before he gets there. Let's be honest the price is all Jim Butler who needs to replace his Scotty business with someone else and figures if he tells people enough that Tyson is the next Scotty maybe they will believe him. Proof of this is the fact that Tyson was charging $500-$700 a putter before Jim got involved.

Example i was at their booth and Jim was showing a man from Japan all of Tysons putters and this guy said to Jim "I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a putter made by a kid I've never heard of I'm only interested in paying that much for a Cameron". I think that is how the general market sees Tyson until he gets himself alot more established.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)