2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Adams irons

hermes

any love?
any love for the AdamsGolf line. I'm not too sure of the models or anything. i just saw a used set at the proshop and i wanted a "back" up set. i'm probable going to purchase them anyways, but was wondering about the adams line of irons.

the set includes a hybrid, then i think 4-pw. tag said retails at $200, but i can get them for $125. how does that sound?

don't want to go out next year starting off bad with the new set of rac os 2. need a comparable used set but at a resonable price. i thought the adams will do? maybe?

thanks! :clapping:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of love for the new Adams a2 hybrids. Very nice - just bought the 20 and 23.

As to the irons, they look good but I'd ask about the feel and the shaft and the flight. See if it's right for you.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Swingman,

How do you like the Adams hybrids. Im in the market for one and these have me interested.

Post up your thoughts please.

More OT, Ive never hit the Adams irons, but hear they are nice. Good things are expected of Adams in 06.

58142[/snapback]

Some ramblings:

My thoughts are that they look like a more flowing, natural looking well designed Md - always thought the Md was hard to look at. The Adams is a more flowing design that looks great, little offset, very forgiving, high toe.

I've had hybrids that are solid like the CLK and solid and hard feeling like the Genex, or on the other extreme, something like the new Baffler or TM Mid that are metallic sounding.

Well, the Adams a2 has a light, crisp hot feel that is less metallic feeling than the TM Mid or Baffler. If you like that feel, you will like these.

The NV Hybrid designed for Adams is 85g and it launched slowly and got up there well - reaching an apex and falling.

They were not as long as my CLK/Banzai Combo but it might be the shaft. While the Adams 23 went 197 or so in limited trials, the CLK/Banzai got about 204 or so.

I sold my CLKs and Chip Usher is reshafting the Adams with my old Banzai shafts. The Banzais play true to flex and I like my stiff shafts to play softer -- so Chip has fiddled with them to make them a tad softer in the Adams. I want a little more tip action. I did the same thing in my 5 wood with a 27.3 Fuji and it worked well.

I haven't had extensive experience with the Adams but I do like the feel and forgiveness more than the dozen or so hybrids I've tried over the last 3 years.

It is not an idiot stick (like the Baffler) but I find it very easy to hit (almost infectious) and flight will be high mid to high. Out of the rough, I found it will get in the air. I experimented only a couple of times before the reshaft, but it did get out of heavy rough.

Hope that helps. I have high hopes that I will be happy with these in the bag for a while.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

alright, i went over to the pro shop and i beleive they are the adams idea tight lies, or something like that, hybrid and 5-pw for $125, what do you think?

58456[/snapback]

Thats a great price, what pro shop was this?

And I've been looking into the Adam's Idea hybrid irons too, everybody who has reviewed them on any forum or website loves them. Hoping to demo them first before I make a purchase though.

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy the Adams Idea irons soon and unfortunately have not hit them but am set on them (i'm super knew to the sport so hitting them won't make a difference for me anyways, its not the club that stinks at this point). But anyways, I was wondering what you guys would recommend for me. Either the Adams Idea or Adams Idea A1?

Right now I'm a 40 handicap and have only played a few times. On the Adams site it says that the Ideas are for maximum game improvement for someone that is a 18+ handicap and the Idea A1's are game improvements and for someone that is a 10-20 handicap. I know I fall into the first category but I don't want to buy the Idea ones and then have to change them a year or two later because they are holding me back.

What do you guys suggest or recommend, thanks!

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy the Adams Idea irons soon and unfortunately have not hit them but am set on them (i'm super knew to the sport so hitting them won't make a difference for me anyways, its not the club that stinks at this point). But anyways, I was wondering what you guys would recommend for me.  Either the Adams Idea or Adams Idea A1?

Right now I'm a 40 handicap and have only played a few times. On the Adams site it says that the Ideas are for maximum game improvement for someone that is a 18+ handicap and the Idea A1's are game improvements and for someone that is a 10-20 handicap. I know I fall into the first category but I don't want to buy the Idea ones and then have to change them a year or two later because they are holding me back.

60222[/snapback]

Buy the idea's you can always flick them off later on ebay

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy the Adams Idea irons soon and unfortunately have not hit them but am set on them (i'm super knew to the sport so hitting them won't make a difference for me anyways, its not the club that stinks at this point). But anyways, I was wondering what you guys would recommend for me.  Either the Adams Idea or Adams Idea A1?

60222[/snapback]

Buy the idea's you can always flick them off later on ebay

60338[/snapback]

Darn, too late, I actually ended up buying the Adams Idea A1's but I got a killer deal of $170 shipped on them. Not too bad, right? :pimp:

Lots of love for the new Adams a2 hybrids. Very nice - just bought the 20 and 23.

As to the irons, they look good but I'd ask about the feel and the shaft and the flight. See if it's right for you.

58134[/snapback]

are the a2s the same as the a1s. i found a1 hybrids for dirt cheap.....not like 170 but very very close. planning on getting them as a back-up set for my rac os2s........purchase new also this season...........but i'm afraid to use them..........too new :pimp:

maybe i should just frame the os2......what do you think? but what do you think of the a1 hybrids?

58134[/snapback]

are the a2s the same as the a1s. i found a1 hybrids for dirt cheap.....not like 170 but very very close. planning on getting them as a back-up set for my rac os2s........purchase new also this season...........but i'm afraid to use them..........too new :pimp:

maybe i should just frame the os2......what do you think? but what do you think of the a1 hybrids?

61228[/snapback]

From all of the reviews I've read the A1 Hybrids are supposed to be sweat, actually the whole Adams IDEA line is supposed to be really good, check out the reviews for it here: http://golfreview.com/mfr/adams/irons/PRD_...13_2940crx.aspx

According to the reviews the IDEA A1's are supposed to be easy to hit, but unlike the IDEA ones, they can work the ball once you build up some skill