2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Rory Sabbatini

Once again, the "talented" Rory folded like a house of (cheap) cards against a "journeyman" like Steve Stricker, even finished behind KJ Choi. All talk and no walk like the empty bag that he is :D

Yup.

5th on the World Money List for 2007.

I see your point. :drinks: :cheesy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good for Rory for being 5th on the money list.

But he still didn't win the PGA (or any major) and couldn't beat a journeyman named Steve Stricker at the Barclays, even when he had the lead. A great talent, Rory is, so I fail to see YOUR point :lol: :lol: :lol:

He SUCKS as far as I am concerned :D

I'm sure he's concerned with your opinion. :)

I'll take HIS position anytime over yours. :D

Call me again when you reach puberty. :)

I quite frankly feel that Rory is slightly immature in ways as well. Arguing with fans is not mature by any means, no matter who it is.

I see this thread going nowhere anyways as things are starting to get more personal than they should.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I don't like Rory. The swearing, the having a fan thrown out, the slow play nonsense: All very unpleasant.

But

Calling Rory for "trash-talking" Tiger in this instance is just wrong. He was asked about him and said he was beatable. Surely its important for Tiger's competitors to believe that otherwise why not just give Tiger the trophy every week and everyone else play for 2nd place?

Tiger is an amazing player. He may well be the best there has ever been and right in his prime too but he IS beatable (just): He doesn't win every tournament he plays and certainly not every match-play match. He was beatable in the masters, the US Open and the Open. I would have been much less happy if Rory had just dodged the question, like everyone else always does, and said something like "He's a great player and I'm just going to concentrate on my own game"

Tiger making the remark about how many times he's won compared to Rory was IMO much worse: We all know, Tiger knows, Rory sure as hell knows. Tiger is the last person in the world who needs to tell people how much better than everybody else he is. He should have just risen above it.

I do watch the final round when Tiger is winning but I'm always hoping someone will come and make a game of it

you guys are all wrong about Mr. Sabattini.

This guy absolutely loves Tiger.

Evidence#1. you go to Rory's website, you can actually find Tiger's picture in Gallery section.

Evidence#2. After rory missed cut during PGA championship, he joined gallery to watch tiger play on Sunday. Look very closely to find him. :)

He probably had someone thrown out so he could have their ticket.

:lol:

Only joking. Had to take the opportunity to say that.

Once again, the "talented" Rory folded like a house of (cheap) cards against a "journeyman" like Steve Stricker, even finished behind KJ Choi. All talk and no walk like the empty bag that he is :D

Yup.

I see your point. :drinks: :cheesy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But he still didn't win the PGA (or any major) and couldn't beat a journeyman named Steve Stricker at the Barclays, even when he had the lead. A great talent, Rory is, so I fail to see YOUR point :lol: :) :D

The guy has all of 1 PGA Tour win for his ENTIRE career so far... He has a LONG way to go before he can be called anything other than an expletive.

And while I'm posting, How many PGA Tour wins do you have to have to be called anything other than an expletive? Should we be calling everyone who has won fewer times than Rory an a**hole too?!!

Believe it or not, I'm not a big Rory fan either. He surely acts immature at times, as TIGER DOES AS WELL. He'll probably become an even better player if he can learn to control his temper a little bit more. That is, while his back holds out. :D

But you're absolutely right about his thinking Tiger is beatable. Of course Tiger is beatable. And of course everybody HAS to think that. I fyou DON'T think that you're 3/4 beat before you even start.

So he's asked a question by the media and gives an honest answer and is crucified for it. And if he avoided the question everybody'd be complaining again how they can't get straight answers out of these guys. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Is it any wonder why these guys (actually ANY public figure) want to avoid the media ? All the media ever seems to want is headlines.

And you're right - Tiger should have taken the high road. Barring injury or some other catastrophic event Tiger will almost surely end his career as the best ever but Tiger, IMO, is about as phony as there is. Funny but if "Tin Cup" had come out in 2006 instead of 1996 I would have sworn David Simms was modeled after Tiger Woods. :) :D

if that was any normal person they would just be spurred on to prove the ''fan'' wrong!!

Iv had a few snide comments aimed at me in my time but theres not a better feeling than proving people wrong!!

True enough but I'm betting if YOU were playing for a million dollars and a spectator was heckling YOU YOU'D have him removed also. :lol:

I can't guarantee I would have someone removed, but I have played plenty of sports in my life and the heckling is just part of it. I think it would have to be really bad for me to have someone thrown out.

For better or worse heckling is part of team oriented sports, not "individual" sports like golf and tennis where concentration is soooooo very important.

What part of this incident was heckling? The supposed "heckler" was just stating fact. He didn't use any curse words... he just told it like it was. Rory then fired off an expletive-filled tirade back at him and had the "heckler" ejected... Most people would have been humble enough to just have laughed it off. Lighten up, Rory!!!... The plain fact is you're not as good as you think you are.

It's a PGA Tour Pro's responsibility to keep his cool under ALL circumstances... it would have been fine if Rory had cursed himself out under his own breath for choking again, but no, he decides to let the fan have it. It was COMPLETELY unprofessional of Rory and he should have been DQ'd then and there!!!

:D :D :lol:

Main Entry: heck·le audio.gif

Pronunciation: 'he-k&l

Function: transitive verb

Inflected Form(s): heck·led; heck·ling audio.gif /-k(&-)li[ng]/

Etymology: Middle English hekelen to dress flax, scratch, from heckele hackle; akin to Old High German hAko hook -- more at HOOK

: to harass and try to disconcert with questions, challenges, or gibes : BADGER

And like Tiger had to tell us who had more wins, he or Rory ? Most people would have been humble enough to laugh it off (and taken the high road and let the record speak for itself) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tiger making the remark about how many times he's won compared to Rory was IMO much worse: We all know, Tiger knows, Rory sure as hell knows. Tiger is the last person in the world who needs to tell people how much better than everybody else he is. He should have just risen above it.

Oh, pulease... you are kidding, right???

And while I'm posting, How many PGA Tour wins do you have to have to be called anything other than an expletive? Should we be calling everyone who has won fewer times than Rory an a**hole too?!!

That one certainly went right over your head... perhaps you need to read my post again.

Yup.

I see your point. :drinks: :cheesy: :) :D :D

But he still didn't win the PGA (or any major) and couldn't beat a journeyman named Steve Stricker at the Barclays, even when he had the lead. A great talent, Rory is, so I fail to see YOUR point :D :D :lol:

I'm sure he's concerned with your opinion. :)

I'll take HIS position anytime over yours. :D

Call me again when you reach puberty. :lol:

Wow, someone with less between the ears than Rory. That's VERY HARD to find!

if that was any normal person they would just be spurred on to prove the ''fan'' wrong!!

Iv had a few snide comments aimed at me in my time but theres not a better feeling than proving people wrong!!

True enough but I'm betting if YOU were playing for a million dollars and a spectator was heckling YOU YOU'D have him removed also. :lol:

I can't guarantee I would have someone removed, but I have played plenty of sports in my life and the heckling is just part of it. I think it would have to be really bad for me to have someone thrown out.

For better or worse heckling is part of team oriented sports, not "individual" sports like golf and tennis where concentration is soooooo very important.

What part of this incident was heckling? The supposed "heckler" was just stating fact. He didn't use any curse words... he just told it like it was. Rory then fired off an expletive-filled tirade back at him and had the "heckler" ejected... Most people would have been humble enough to just have laughed it off. Lighten up, Rory!!!... The plain fact is you're not as good as you think you are.

It's a PGA Tour Pro's responsibility to keep his cool under ALL circumstances... it would have been fine if Rory had cursed himself out under his own breath for choking again, but no, he decides to let the fan have it. It was COMPLETELY unprofessional of Rory and he should have been DQ'd then and there!!!

:lol: :lol: :)

Main Entry: heck·le audio.gif

Pronunciation: 'he-k&l

Function: transitive verb

Inflected Form(s): heck·led; heck·ling audio.gif /-k(&-)li[ng]/

Etymology: Middle English hekelen to dress flax, scratch, from heckele hackle; akin to Old High German hAko hook -- more at HOOK

: to harass and try to disconcert with questions, challenges, or gibes : BADGER

And like Tiger had to tell us who had more wins, he or Rory ? Most people would have been humble enough to laugh it off (and taken the high road and let the record speak for itself) :D :D :D

Boy, you really are dumb. I guess you don't know humor when you see it. I feel sorry for people like you that can't laugh at life's lighter moments.

It's pretty obvious to me what the reason is for Tiger's fatigue and absence: A new kid!!! He's probably not getting the sleep that he normally would and he's probably trying to adjust to an entirely new routine. It ain't exactly rocket science!!!

You would think Rory would be smart enough to figure this out... Then again he's very self-absorbed and ignorant... just like Natalie Maines... To people like these two, just incessantly spouting nonsense without ANY regard for others is just par for the course...

Kinda like you're doing now, right ? :lol:

I'm suuuuuuure Tiger's getting up 3 times a night to feed the baby. :lol:

I'm kind of surprised that the ACLU doesn't step in and do something constructive here... I mean, they're supposed to be protecting the civil liberties of Americans, aren't they???

Sorry ? ACLU ? :lol: What'd I miss ? :lol:

Looks like you'd be a perfect third for that Sabbatini/Maines threesome. So sorry!

So where's the ACLU come in again ??? :lol:

Maybe if you weren't Rory's clone, I'd actually spell it out for you. Since you're obviously a clone of his though, I will leave you to figure it out on your own.