Rory Sabbatini

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rory is in the business world (and would therefore be wearing a suit), people would be calling him an "empty suit", which is the term used to describe people who can talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk.

Since Rory is a professional golfer, perhaps we could call him an "empty bag"? :)

I smile and nod knowingly when Tiger said in one interview that he has won more tournaments in 2007 than Sabatini has won in his entire career - now, THAT is the ultimate put down if there ever was one :beruo:

I for one cannot stand even to watch and look at Rory. He's nothing but an a-s!!!!!!!

Cobra LTD X LS 9.0 Fuji Atmos Black 6S

Cobra King LTD 14.5 Rogue Black 70S

Callaway Big Bertha II 5 wood RCH Firm

Taylormade 3 iron UDI Kuro Kage Black

Mizuno 921HM 5-GW 950GH Neo

Mizuno 923HM SW 

Mizuno 900HM Lw KBS C Taper Lite S

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Two

Rory needs a swift kick in the arse or a nice punch in the nose from Els... What a F#*&@%& Word not allowed%@!#!!!!!

Instagram account

Titleist TSi4 8.25* / Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7-X
TaylorMade Aero Burner TP 15° / Matrix White Tie 70-X
Taylormade SIM UDI 2i / Diamana THUMP 100X

Taylormade P770 3i (at 22°) / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MC 5-7, P7MB 8, 9 / Project X LS 6.5 

Taylormade P7MB P / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 50° (at 52°) / DG S400

Taylormade MG3 TW 56° and 60° / DG S400

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH 34"

So, just to make clear, Rory Sabbatini thinks it's perfectly OK to use the most vulgar word in the English language in front of young fans, but if a fan casually asks Sabbatini whether he has changed his opinion of Tiger Woods, Sabbatini thinks that fan needs to be forcibly removed from the course. Why does the PGA Tour allow this jerk to treat the fans like that?

Okay, I dislike Sabbatini. A lot. But this "article" is a completely one-sided and biased.

When a fan "casually asks Sabbatini whether he has changed his opinion of Tiger Woods" ?!?!?

Even the rock in my back yard knows that is not how that scene went down. The fan was not making pleasant conversation. The fan was not politely asking Sabbatini to engage in an intellectual discussion about whether, given the current circumstances, Sabbatini might have re-evaluated his prior comments.

The fan was insulting Sabbatini. The fan did it intentionally, willfully, and maliciously. Was Sabbabtini a cry-baby for not being able to deal with the comment? Yes. But when you blatantly mischaracterize the incident the way this "writer" does, you unintentionally give validity to Sabbatini's actions.

If you want to crticize Sabbatini, describe the situation truthfully and criticize him. Don't be a hypocrite by calling out Sabbatini for unethical behavior at the very moment you are commiting the exact same sin.

-1 to the author of the article.

I don't like Rory, but this is a stupid piece of journalism. Tiger has been known to drop F-bombs with the best of them. Just on Thursday during his round I was watching the online Telecast while Tiger pulled his driver, and let out a loud "Mother F***er". Rory is an idiot, but this article has no merit IMO. It seems to me this journalist is just trying to jump on the Rory-bash-wagon and try and boost his circulation. :beruo:

Callaway Epic SZ  triple diamond 9* AD IZ 6x
Callaway Epic SZ 15* Hzrdus smoke 70 6.5
Srixon u85 3 iron 
Srixon z785 4-p DG TI AMT x100
RTX4 52,56,60 DG s400 TI

I like Rory. Not a fan of Tiger. Rory's a maverick. Tiger's a robot.

So Rory is not as talented as Tiger, nobody is. But, he is very talented in his own right.

How many times have you seen Tiger or his caddie Steve having people removed. Just like Woody Austin said this past weekend. Tiger gets a pass and nobody else does.

Golf needs people like Rory. He's brash, cocky, and damn good. Look, we all know that Tiger is the man on tour. But, come on. I for one, like watching many of the other players. Tour's getting boring now that all they do is cover Tiger.

Rory is honest. He has talent and is really coming into his own. The pga tour is very boring right now and it is great that rory can spice it up. We need more like him to make it more interesting because now it is everyone else then tiger and to me I do not want to watch it. No one likes to see the same person win time after time. Rory is human, not perfect, and he does make mistakes. I am sure tiger does alot of the same things plus holds back alot with what he does want to say. Rory might just want to work on his golf politics.

No one likes to see the same person win time after time.

Since when it's boring to watch Tiger win all the time?

To wit:

1) at the US Open in Pebble Beach when Tiger was winning running away (by 12 strokes or something like that), the TV ratings actually increased as Tiger's lead widened.

2) there were so many events, including majors, when the TV rating dropped (even if so slightly) if Tiger is not in contention.

Tiger is the reason golf is thriving today, simple as that.

So, just to make clear, Rory Sabbatini thinks it's perfectly OK to use the most vulgar word in the English language in front of young fans, but if a fan casually asks Sabbatini whether he has changed his opinion of Tiger Woods, Sabbatini thinks that fan needs to be forcibly removed from the course. Why does the PGA Tour allow this jerk to treat the fans like that?

Okay, I dislike Sabbatini. A lot. But this "article" is a completely one-sided and biased.

When a fan "casually asks Sabbatini whether he has changed his opinion of Tiger Woods" ?!?!?

Even the rock in my back yard knows that is not how that scene went down. The fan was not making pleasant conversation. The fan was not politely asking Sabbatini to engage in an intellectual discussion about whether, given the current circumstances, Sabbatini might have re-evaluated his prior comments.

The fan was insulting Sabbatini. The fan did it intentionally, willfully, and maliciously. Was Sabbabtini a cry-baby for not being able to deal with the comment? Yes. But when you blatantly mischaracterize the incident the way this "writer" does, you unintentionally give validity to Sabbatini's actions.

If you want to crticize Sabbatini, describe the situation truthfully and criticize him. Don't be a hypocrite by calling out Sabbatini for unethical behavior at the very moment you are commiting the exact same sin.

-1 to the author of the article.

I think the aspect of the article that may not have been observed is Rory is accused of making the obscene comments after Tiger chipped in for par. It is quite possible that many tour pros may have the same reaction in the heat of battle, but I've never heard it reported that any of them stated their displeasure publicly in the same fashion as Rory has been accused of doing.

I guess Rory just couldn't take it anymore after that waxing Tiger was putting on him! Oh well, that's what happens when you let your Shot Gun mouth over load your Pistol Word not allowed and golf game.

As for having fans removed, I have never heard of Tiger or Steve Williams asking for a fan to be removed as a result of the fan making negative comments. I'm guessing Tiger would never give a fan the satisfaction of knowing that their negative comment was acknowledged.

Now click a camera while Tiger is swinging and both he and Steve will ...

Rory is a jerk. He has had to many situations that have creeped up from the Ben Crane incident to the wife's shirt and now this. I partially agree with the writer, but the one thing that he isn't taking into consideration is how many times Tiger has been caught on camera using a choice word or two. Tiger tends to drop bombs as well and you can hear his on TV. Not defending Rory by any means. I don't care what he says, I don't agree with it, but I care more that he couldn't handle the heat when someone turned it on him for what he said and that person was punished for calling Rory out.

No one likes to see the same person win time after time.

Since when it's boring to watch Tiger win all the time?

To wit:

1) at the US Open in Pebble Beach when Tiger was winning running away (by 12 strokes or something like that), the TV ratings actually increased as Tiger's lead widened.

2) there were so many events, including majors, when the TV rating dropped (even if so slightly) if Tiger is not in contention.

Tiger is the reason golf is thriving today, simple as that.

I agree completely that Tiger is the main reason golf is thriving, but I also think that it is boring to watch Tiger win all the time. I'm amazed at his talent, but I must admit that if he's in the lead going into the final round, I generally don't watch, simply because there is no doubt as to what the outcome will be. For Tiger fans, I can understand how this wouldn't be boring at all, but I find myself only watching when others, especially long shots, are at the top of the leaderboard. To each his own, but I guess it's a good thing for my game when Tiger is winning, because I usually head to the club instead of turning on the TV lol.

Wait a minute, this article is a joke. C'mon, probably every tour player has swore in front of kids. Who really cares, that is part of life. Is it good, obviously not. O.K. so Rory has revealed some immaturities. We ALL have our short comings. I think that we are quick to judge him before we really get to know him, don't you think? It is tough being under the microscope like they players are and they should be accountable for their behaviour, but let's not character assassin him without really knowing him. I'm just asking are you overreacting with some of your comments? The natural response to Rory's actions is to blanket him as a jerk. I certainly initially felt that way. Then I realized I see this guy on t.v. just a few times under a tremendous amount of pressure and he made some mistakes. Is it right for me to write him off as a jerk or a bad person, NO.

I think the aspect of the article that may not have been observed is Rory is accused of making the obscene comments after Tiger chipped in for par. It is quite possible that many tour pros may have the same reaction in the heat of battle, but I've never heard it reported that any of them stated their displeasure publicly in the same fashion as Rory has been accused of doing.

I guess Rory just couldn't take it anymore after that waxing Tiger was putting on him! Oh well, that's what happens when you let your Shot Gun mouth over load your Pistol Word not allowed and golf game.

As for having fans removed, I have never heard of Tiger or Steve Williams asking for a fan to be removed as a result of the fan making negative comments. I'm guessing Tiger would never give a fan the satisfaction of knowing that their negative comment was acknowledged.

Now click a camera while Tiger is swinging and both he and Steve will ...

Trash talking Tiger? Fair enough. Stupid, but fair enough.

Having a fan ejected for calling you on your stupidity? Petty, spoiled and lacking in nuts to take it like a man. Not fair enough.

Spitting your dummy out and cursing when you opponent plays a good shot? Totally out of order and against the spirit of the game. Like Garcia spitting in the cup he should be handed a fine and told to grow up or p#ss off back to South Africa.

Rory strikes me as a malcontent and slightly elitist and perhaps a bit insecure. Tiger would pummel Rory 8 times out of 10, maybe 10 of 10. Tiger is stronger mentally, physically, and fundamentally.

With this latest (Tiger is beatable) talk and getting schooled, Rory just set the tone for the rest of his career. Too bad for him but he gave us way too big a window into his soul. That is the genius of Tiger, he remains guarded for the most part. He thinks about what he says and keeps his deeper thoughts to himself. You cannot be greatest at anything and let the whole world know your innermost thoughts, Rory's being "I must beat Tiger to be validated".

Driver: Wilson Whale

3 wd: Nickent 4DX

5 wd: Adams Faldo Series

7 wd: Warrior Tomahawk

9 wd:  Mastergrip OSC

11 wd: Goldwin 11

Irons 7-pw: Slotline Inertial E-Max

SW: Alien Shot Saver   LW: Hummingbird Air X 70 degree

Putter: Tour Edge T-Balance

Ball: Chromax Titanium

The article is clearly biased, but aren't all articles?

Rory is NOT coming into his own when his final round scores are as big as his mouth lately.

I'm waiting for Elin to wear a shirt that says 'Shut up', but then again, she probably has a little more class.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Bottom line...Rory can be stupid, Tiger can be stupid and the media is nearly always stupid.

Spot on. I dislike the media. News, sports, even the weather guy blows it almost everyday. The media writes to sell papers. The worse it is, the more paper is sold. It is too bad and thank God this website has people who do their homework.

I agree completely that Tiger is the main reason golf is thriving, but I also think that it is boring to watch Tiger win all the time. I'm amazed at his talent, but I must admit that if he's in the lead going into the final round, I generally don't watch, simply because there is no doubt as to what the outcome will be.

That's the way I feel too. I get bored hearing about and watching Tiger. I stopped watching Sunday because I knew how it was going to end. I probably would have kept watching if the coverage would have been a little more diverse. But I really don't want to see every other one of Tiger's swings in slow motion for 4 hours. :beruo:

As far as Rory goes... He acted immaturely. He should have kept his cool and just let the comment roll off his back.

If Rory is in the business world (and would therefore be wearing a suit), people would be calling him an "empty suit", which is the term used to describe people who can talk the talk, but cannot walk the walk.

Since Rory is a professional golfer, perhaps we could call him an "empty bag"? :black eye:

I smile and nod knowingly when Tiger said in one interview that he has won more tournaments in 2007 than Sabatini has won in his entire career - now, THAT is the ultimate put down if there ever was one :beruo:

So....he's still better than you. :)

Since Rory is a professional golfer, perhaps we could call him an "empty bag"? :D

So....he's still better than you. :)

Damn right he's better than me, empty bag and all, because I ain't no pro golfer.

But I am a hell of a lot better than him (and also probably better than you :black eye:) at what I do for a living ;) Here is a hint: think Tiger in my line of work :clapping: :cheesy:

I agree completely that Tiger is the main reason golf is thriving, but I also think that it is boring to watch Tiger win all the time. I'm amazed at his talent, but I must admit that if he's in the lead going into the final round, I generally don't watch, simply because there is no doubt as to what the outcome will be.

That's the way I feel too. I get bored hearing about and watching Tiger. I stopped watching Sunday because I knew how it was going to end. I probably would have kept watching if the coverage would have been a little more diverse. But I really don't want to see every other one of Tiger's swings in slow motion for 4 hours. :beruo:

As far as Rory goes... He acted immaturely. He should have kept his cool and just let the comment roll off his back.

I watch as many of Tiger's rounds as possible. He's the best golfer ever to walk the planet and regularly plays shots that no other pros are capable of. But his era won't last forever so see it "live" while you can and be pleased that you were around as he makes golf history.

There's more to life than golf but if you are a fan of the game it would be crazy not to watch Tiger in his prime.

Stuffed suit? The guy is a very good player. Like him or not, Rory can play. It boggles my mind that the one guy who will actually talk as though he will try to beat Tiger gets a whipping from the legions of Tiger's adoration society. The guys on tour should be there to compete not just thank tiger for bringing more money into the game.

I watch as many of Tiger's rounds as possible. He's the best golfer ever to walk the planet and regularly plays shots that no other pros are capable of. But his era won't last forever so see it "live" while you can and be pleased that you were around as he makes golf history.

There's more to life than golf but if you are a fan of the game it would be crazy not to watch Tiger in his prime.

Are you kidding me. I guess you drank the kool aid. "regularly plays shots that no other pros are capable of", Dude you need to get out more often. There are tons of players that can and do hit the shots that TIger hits. However he tends to hit them more often when they count. The guy is a great player but it is unfortunate that he doesn't have any foils like Nicklaus had. Phil is probably the closest and he is just too soft.

I think people tend get a little carried away with Tigers greatness. Yes he is good, but the other guys out there aren't slouches with the sticks either. To say he's making shots that nobody else can is a bit of stretch. If Tiger wasn't on the screen 99.9% of the time, we'd see a lot more of the great shots by everyone else.

Back to Rory....there's a fine line between confidence in your game and being cocky, and I don't think he knows how to negotiate that line.

Maybe if we all ignore Hory, he will just....go......away........................................................ :beruo:

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X