Shaft guru's - need some help! Aldila Rogue Max 65-S vs Fubuki White ZT 60-S x 5ct

lil'mike

Hey all,

I am looking at trying out one of these shafts with a lower spin driver head to help lower my driver spin (around 3400 or so) but also trying to maintain a decent trajectory height. So I guess I am asking if one will produce a better ball flight than the other or if one may cause you to hit the ball fairly low?

They both weigh about the same, the torque is a bit different (Max is listed at 4.2 and Fubuki is listed at 4.0) and the trajectory is a listed at (Max=Mid, Fubuki=Mid/High). I will post pics of each. Both play at the same length in driver at 45.5 inches.

So if anyone has hit both of these shafts can you please comment on the ball flight that you got?

I know it is all subjective but just trying to get an idea of what each shaft may do when paired with a low spin driver head like the Epic SZ.

Thx in advance for any comments!

NOTE: About me, I have a negative AoA and have a high, real high driver spin! (around 3200 or so with some at 2800 if I am lucky). Ball flight is a fade now since getting back into the game in 2017. I have hit some Epic's and Rogue's SZ models before and seems like ball flight is very low, too low for me so hoping one of these shafts can help with ball flight and spin!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you spend money on a new shaft, make sure your problem is one a new shaft will actually address.

#1 cause of high spin in the driver is actually poor impact location on the face. Get some foot powder spray and check your impact. If that is the problem, then a new shaft (particularly a lower launching shaft) is not likely to help. And keep in mind that a low spin driver head is only low spin when you hit the sweet spot, some times the same thing that makes it low spin at the sweet spot can make it a high spin head if hit low on the face.

This poor impact is the problem, this is what you need to read through to give you the best chance to improve your face impact.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/909991-diy-driver-tune-up-diy-fitting/

#2a cause is generally a high dynamic loft being delivered (hands to far behind the ball at impact). In this case a lower launching shaft may help - but ONLY if you have a later release and typically only a little bit of help. In that respect, the Rogue Max would be the lower launching shaft. But that's also assuming the swing stays the same and there is no subjective influence on your swing due to any changes in feel.

#2b - for some people, the stiffness feel of the shaft or the weight feel or swing weight feel all have the potential to effect the swing in a wide range of ways. As you inferred, this is not something that's predictable. Only way to find out how those changes in feel might effect the results is through trial and error. Go demo different shafts and see what happens.

Before you spend money on a new shaft, make sure your problem is one a new shaft will actually address.

#1 cause of high spin in the driver is actually poor impact location on the face. Get some foot powder spray and check your impact. If that is the problem, then a new shaft (particularly a lower launching shaft) is not likely to help. And keep in mind that a low spin driver head is only low spin when you hit the sweet spot, some times the same thing that makes it low spin at the sweet spot can make it a high spin head if hit low on the face.

This poor impact is the problem, this is what you need to read through to give you the best chance to improve your face impact.

http://www.golfwrx.c...up-diy-fitting/

#2a cause is generally a high dynamic loft being delivered (hands to far behind the ball at impact). In this case a lower launching shaft may help - but ONLY if you have a later release and typically only a little bit of help. In that respect, the Rogue Max would be the lower launching shaft. But that's also assuming the swing stays the same and there is no subjective influence on your swing due to any changes in feel.

#2b - for some people, the stiffness feel of the shaft or the weight feel or swing weight feel all have the potential to effect the swing in a wide range of ways. As you inferred, this is not something that's predictable. Only way to find out how those changes in feel might effect the results is through trial and error. Go demo different shafts and see what happens.

I was told that since I have a negative AoA that that is the cause of the higher spin rate. I already have both shafts and the Epic SZ head, I was curious to which one may fit me based on comments that hopefully get posted on how what each shaft may fit or not fit, based on the Epic SZ and their characteristics.

Thanks for the info!

I was told that since I have a negative AoA that that is the cause of the higher spin rate. I already have both shafts and the Epic SZ head, I was curious to which one may fit me based on comments that hopefully get posted on how what each shaft may fit or not fit, based on the Epic SZ and their characteristics.

Thanks for the info!

You were told wrong - but that is a very common misconception that many still believe so it's not surprising.

If you already have both shafts, just go to the range and hit both and see what happens. That's always going to be the final and most reliable test.

Thanks for the info!

You were told wrong - but that is a very common misconception that many still believe so it's not surprising.

If you already have both shafts, just go to the range and hit both and see what happens. That's always going to be the final and most reliable test.

Yes I will be going to the range in like 3 months or so when it opens back up after winter! Hence the questions now! lol